Weather on spring westbound TA's

LynnMW3

We're taking our first TA next April, and were wondering what the weather will most likely be like...will it be warm enough to use the pools? Will it be warm enough to use the balcony? Or will it be cool and windy, and make it more likely we'll be spending a lot of time inside?

Thanks to all for your input!

I've done 3 Eastbounds in April, never a West. I'd guess that it would depend where you are departing from and where you are going. We left Florida for Barcelona, so a southern route. It was plenty warm enough to swim and the seas were calm and amazing.

Who knows? It could be one or the other or a combination of both. You'll have to check what the weather conditions are closer to your sailing. No one can predict the weather as it changes on a daily or sometime hourly basis. Also, you don't say where you're going. If it's a Southerly route, it may be more likely, but don't count on it, that you'll have better weather than on a northerly route. Bottom line, you'll find out when you're sailing!

I've done 3 Eastbounds in April' date=' never a West. I'd guess that it would depend where you are departing from and where you are going. We left Florida for Barcelona, so a southern route. It was plenty warm enough to swim and the seas were calm and amazing.[/quote']

After reading your comment, I went back and actually looked at the map...we're going eastbound...I'm an idiot :(

We're heading to Western Europe from Lauderdale, stopping at Azores, Lisbon, Spain, France and Britain...

Sorry for the misleading title...

We're taking our first TA next April, and were wondering what the weather will most likely be like...will it be warm enough to use the pools? Will it be warm enough to use the balcony? Or will it be cool and windy, and make it more likely we'll be spending a lot of time inside?

Thanks to all for your input!

What happened last year will be different this year.

Yup, you're on an East Bound transatlantic. No worries, everyone gets mixed up at some point

There's little we can tell you as no one can make a prediction multiple months out.

You can check historical weather data at sites like accuweather.com, weather.com, holiday-weather.com, etc.

Otherwise, don't even worry or look until about 3-5 days beforehand....

After reading your comment, I went back and actually looked at the map...we're going eastbound...I'm an idiot :(

We're heading to Western Europe from Lauderdale, stopping at Azores, Lisbon, Spain, France and Britain...

Sorry for the misleading title...

As long as your not our Captain we have nothing to worry about