Allure - Junior Suites Worth it?

I just upgraded a few days ago from a d8 to a JS w guarantee. Total price out the door 2900. Got a hump JS 10236! Score!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:what: post 27 said it was a CP balcony. I am impressed that you were able to get current rate after the final payment was made

Edited by John&LaLa

Looks like I am going to bite the bullet and take the JS on the Oasis March 26th sailing. Now that my son is walking all he wants to do is walk everywhere. I think it would be just too cramped for the 3 of us in the D Balcony ( It is also hard to go back to a regular balcony after staying in the NCL Haven a few months ago)

I also really like having a larger balcony and was able to get cabin 6242 which looks like it is on the hump. If anybody has stayed in that cabin or the one across on the other side 6642 let me know how you liked it

Looking forward to trying Coastal Kitchen too. If anybody knows, how is the kid's menu at Coastal Kitchen?

My friend and I originally booked a D7 cabin for our impending February cruise. After seeing the photos posted on this website, I bit the bullet and upgraded us to a JS. My friend is a large lady and I am a former-large/now moderately plump lady. It is well-worth it to me to pay a few more dollars per square foot to have the JS and the few perks that accompany it.

We will be 2 cabins down from other friends in a D7, on Deck 8 near Central Park and the Wine bistro...yay! Looking forward to breakfast on our balcony and dinner in CK.

Only 186 days until we sail....

I think you will really appreciate the extra room especially on that ship class. The JS is a really nice size cabin and you do get double cruise credits. Last time we did a JS we did not get to use Coastal Kitchen so that seems like a nice perk also. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

:what: post 27 said it was a CP balcony. I am impressed that you were able to get current rate after the final payment was made

Yes, I was booked in a Central Park balcony. I added my husband and with a military discount and the D plus discount it came out to $2900 total for the two of us in a hump JS cabin. It is most likely due to the time of year were cruising (September) and in the middle of hurricane season. :(

Yes, I was booked in a Central Park balcony. I added my husband and with a military discount and the D plus discount it came out to $2900 total for the two of us in a hump JS cabin. It is most likely due to the time of year were cruising (September) and in the middle of hurricane season. :(

WE are booked in the same cabin on the Harmony of the Seas in December. We paid $1000 more for that same cabin yet on a different ship. LOL!

WE are booked in the same cabin on the Harmony of the Seas in December. We paid $1000 more for that same cabin yet on a different ship. LOL!

New ship, more demand. It's not Christmas is it? All our Oasis JS are between $2,800 and $3,100 in 2017. Booked the day they were released

It's hard to say what is 'worth it'. I always said that I would never book less than JS on an Oasis class ship again: I felt a bit claustrophobic on Allure. I can't imagine doing that size cabin with a young child, but plenty of people do it and are fine.

I booked JS for an upcoming Anthem. I think the price is ridiculous but I just don't like the room setup in the regular balcony cabins.

Regular balcony is fine if you are sleeping or just sitting but when you have to get up and move around it is very annoying to have to get around the bed, into the closets, etc.

Inconsistent reports as to whether you can book CK in advance through Cruise Planner when you're in a JS. Keep checking......it might pop in. If not, book on day 1. CK is a wonderful venue.

So we should be able to book CK through Cruise Planner when sailing in a full suite? Sure not on mine. :mad:

Quick Update:

On a whim I checked the pricing for the Oasis sailing and somehow, someway the Owners Suites are now coming out less than what I booked the JS for.

Approx $3,200 total for my wife, myself and my son! I am thinking it has to be a mistake. I called my TA who agreed but somehow the pricing was correct.

I just switched to Owners Suite 11644. I cannot believe it! That cabin usually goes for more than $2,500 PP

Has anyone stayed in an Owners Suite on Allure or Oasis?

Quick Update:

On a whim I checked the pricing for the Oasis sailing and somehow, someway the Owners Suites are now coming out less than what I booked the JS for.

Approx $3,200 total for my wife, myself and my son! I am thinking it has to be a mistake. I called my TA who agreed but somehow the pricing was correct.

I just switched to Owners Suite 11644. I cannot believe it! That cabin usually goes for more than $2,500 PP

Sounds like a mistake what cruise is this?

Quick Update:

What date

Yup March 26, 2017

My TA verified it and waited until she received the electronic invoice from RCCL before she released my JS

I just checked again and there are no more OS left

I guess I just got extremely lucky

Good deal!! Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app