Water enhancers can you take them on board still?

loopyloo33

Absolutely. No, they don't have to be powdered. They can be whatever you want.

Flies in the face of the no beverages policy, which doesn't specify size (and calling NCL is a good idea, but of course one may or may not depend on the answer given).

Edited by sparks1093

Flies in the face of the no beverages policy, which doesn't specify size (and calling NCL is a good idea, but of course one may or may not depend on the answer given).

It's not a beverage. It's a flavoring. Stop making up rules to try to confuse people.

It's not a beverage. It's a flavoring. Stop making up rules to try to confuse people.

I'm not making up rules at all :rolleyes:, I have not said anything definitively in my responses, I've said "probably" and "might be able to" and "call NCL". Personally I would bring the powdered ones just to avoid the issue completely but of course that's just me.

I'm not making up rules at all :rolleyes:, I have not said anything definitively in my responses, I've said "probably" and "might be able to" and "call NCL". Personally I would bring the powdered ones just to avoid the issue completely but of course that's just me.

I guess my thinking is, if there isn't a rule preventing something, then why call NCL to ask? I mean, there isn't a rule I've ever seen preventing me taking a pair of flip flops. So do I call to ask if I can take them, or do I just assume I can since there isn't a rule prohibiting them? What if everyone called about every single item to verify it can be brought on board? How stupid would that be?

The rule about beverages is extremely clear. It only gets complicated by posts like yours.

I would imagine if it's not something they could sell you on the ship and it's in a factory sealed container, they would probably not care. They only care about banning things that they could make money selling you like water, soda, and alcohol.

I guess my thinking is, if there isn't a rule preventing something, then why call NCL to ask? I mean, there isn't a rule I've ever seen preventing me taking a pair of flip flops. So do I call to ask if I can take them, or do I just assume I can since there isn't a rule prohibiting them? What if everyone called about every single item to verify it can be brought on board? How stupid would that be?

The rule about beverages is extremely clear. It only gets complicated by posts like yours.

Sorry, but I wasn't the one that asked the question in the first place. There is a policy that prohibits all beverages, it doesn't list any exceptions and it doesn't specify size. I can certainly see that being enforced at the pier to include "flavor enhancers" and I can also see it not being enforced. I can see a CSR saying, "it's allowed" and I can see another CSR saying, "it's not allowed". (And obviously it's not as extremely clear as you think it is if someone is actually asking about it.)

I don't think we are able to get the powdered ones in the UK. I will try ncl but not holding out much hope for a straight answer. I may just risk it for a couple of £ if they get confiscated.

You can get flavoured effervescent tablets as well. Try taptabs? I think they are £1 for a tube of 16. I will probably take some on Epic in September.

Sorry, but I wasn't the one that asked the question in the first place. There is a policy that prohibits all beverages, it doesn't list any exceptions and it doesn't specify size. I can certainly see that being enforced at the pier to include "flavor enhancers" and I can also see it not being enforced. I can see a CSR saying, "it's allowed" and I can see another CSR saying, "it's not allowed". (And obviously it's not as extremely clear as you think it is if someone is actually asking about it.)

Thanks.

To the OP: It is not a beverage, so you should be fine. People bring them on all the time.

Similar to this subject, so I thought I would put in what I know. I always take my flavored liquid coffee creamers with me because I cannot tolerate half and half (yuk!). I emailed my PCC to ask if those were being allowed and he told me NO. I'd have to use the powdered flavored creamer, and to pack it in my checked luggage.

Similar to this subject, so I thought I would put in what I know. I always take my flavored liquid coffee creamers with me because I cannot tolerate half and half (yuk!). I emailed my PCC to ask if those were being allowed and he told me NO. I'd have to use the powdered flavored creamer, and to pack it in my checked luggage.

Huh, imagine that;). (I think I would take the OP's tack and take it anyway in the hope that they missed it.)

If the poster is talking about a 15 ounce bottle of the creamer, I wouldn't try it, as it would probably stand out like a sore thumb.

I was envisioning the small bottle as they show in the commercial that's about the size of a Mio bottle (and of course the PVP could have been envisioning the 15 oz bottle). I agree that the larger the container the more risk there is that it will be taken.

Edited by sparks1093

I understand your point and that sometimes you just don't want to borrow trouble however to be totally accurate the flavorings used for water if in liquid form would technically be a beverage. A beverage is any drink other than water according to the dictionary. And a drink is defined in the dictionary as being any liquid that is taken into the mouth and swallowed. So to completely define "beverage" you'd have to say it's a liquid, other than water, that can be taken into the mouth and swallowed. Even if it is normally combined with water the flavorings in question are indeed taken into the mouth and swallowed.

I understand your point and that sometimes you just don't want to borrow trouble however to be totally accurate the flavorings used for water if in liquid form would technically be a beverage. A beverage is any drink other than water according to the dictionary. And a drink is defined in the dictionary as being any liquid that is taken into the mouth and swallowed. So to completely define "beverage" you'd have to say it's a liquid, other than water, that can be taken into the mouth and swallowed. Even if it is normally combined with water the flavorings in question are indeed taken into the mouth and swallowed.

You're kidding me, right? My Pepto Bismol is a beverage too then, but I still will take it, and I guarantee it will be allowed.

It does not take a genius to figure out this beverage rule, and some of you are just being over the top.

I'll pay the OP $500 if those get confiscated. Because they won't. They are allowed. They are flavorings for drinks. Good grief, people.

You're kidding me, right? My Pepto Bismol is a beverage too then, but I still will take it, and I guarantee it will be allowed.

It does not take a genius to figure out this beverage rule, and some of you are just being over the top.

I'll pay the OP $500 if those get confiscated. Because they won't. They are allowed. They are flavorings for drinks. Good grief, people.

From all that I have read Del Rio is a micro-manager's micro-manager and that spawns a staff that becomes rigid when applying rules meant to protect the company, so yes I can see at least some employees taking the position that these flavorings fall into the banned category. That is all I am saying. Probably won't happen every time or from every employee but I can definitely see it happening and I wouldn't give money either way on how it would or would not be enforced. As I said if it were me I'd take the powder because it's readily available but if I were in the OP's shoes I'd take it anyway and hope for the best. The worst they can do is confiscate it.