GoBig Better Best not always good deal

waverunner43

If consumers would stick to their guns and let Celebrity know that deceptive advertising practices are not appreciated things might change. I will not book a cruise if I feel that they are trying to take advantage of me with their promotion and have canceled cruises for the same reason with no regrets. If others would do the same, it might be possible to get managements attention. Although their practices may not be illegal, they are unscrupulous and need to be eliminated.

Well 1.1 million of us thought it was a good deal in 2015, and it looks like even more will in 2016 as passenger loads are up yet again. Cancel away with no regrets, there are a few thousand standing in the line behind you waiting for the cabin.

Noticed rock bottom cheap rates on Constellation October 21 Holy Land cruise, some even include 1 go big perk. Don't know if they are senior rates or resident but some are even lower than the current Tuesday exciting deal rates. I have never seen that before. Starting at $579 pp inside.

Just thought I would mention this in case anyone is interested before the rates go back up. The ship will probably fill up soon at these deals.:D

Well 1.1 million of us thought it was a good deal in 2015, and it looks like even more will in 2016 as passenger loads are up yet again. Cancel away with no regrets, there are a few thousand standing in the line behind you waiting for the cabin.

A few thousand waiting in line for a particular cabin, must be a doozy. It makes that 1.1 million number look suspect as well. What's a good deal to some doesn't mean it's a good deal for everyone. Some of us have higher standards for what we spend our hard earned on.

A few thousand waiting in line for a particular cabin, must be a doozy. It makes that 1.1 million number look suspect as well. What's a good deal to some doesn't mean it's a good deal for everyone. Some of us have higher standards for what we spend our hard earned on.

Please, you know that 1.1 is the total pax load for the year. Which is why RCCL is building 4 more ships to sail under the Celebrity name. We are working stiff's that sail in standard verandas. No suites in our history.

Please, you know that 1.1 is the total pax load for the year. Which is why RCCL is building 4 more ships to sail under the Celebrity name. We are working stiff's that sail in standard verandas. No suites in our history.

1.1 million pax load for last year. 319 million people in U.S. and 7.4 billion worldwide. They are really monopolizing the travel market. If they don't get rid of some of their older ships, I doubt if you'll see four new ships in the near future, say five years. Economy turns around and travel is one of the first things to go.

I've never did a suite. We just moved up to verandas about six years ago.

Everyone needs to be aware that Celebrity's promotion is something you need to watch closely. On many cruises, especially those over 7-nights, the upgrade from Big to Better, 1-perk to 2-perks, will cost you more than the perk itself. A typical upgrade on a 14-night cruise had an increase of $210pp, $420, to receive an on-board credit of $300 per stateroom. A loss to the customer of $120. Celebrity is aware and tries to explain it away when caught but offers nothing. This is a scam perpetrated to take advantage of anyone that does not catch this trick. Buyer be ware.

If consumers would stick to their guns and let Celebrity know that deceptive advertising practices are not appreciated things might change. I will not book a cruise if I feel that they are trying to take advantage of me with their promotion and have canceled cruises for the same reason with no regrets. If others would do the same, it might be possible to get managements attention. Although their practices may not be illegal, they are unscrupulous and need to be eliminated.

You are assuming that most who book on Celebrity aren't bright enough to do the math to know when to upgrade from Go Big to Go Better, seriously?

Noticed rock bottom cheap rates on Constellation October 21 Holy Land cruise, some even include 1 go big perk. Don't know if they are senior rates or resident but some are even lower than the current Tuesday exciting deal rates. I have never seen that before. Starting at $579 pp inside.

Just thought I would mention this in case anyone is interested before the rates go back up. The ship will probably fill up soon at these deals.:D

Nice to see you are still looking for those bargains! :D

The 90 day ticker has a military rate on the 14 night Athens to Abu Dhabi cruise on Constellation at only $419pp inside and an ocean view at $519pp. :eek:

But still not as good as the 13 night transatlantic on Constellation this past April that hit $389pp. :cool:

I get such a kick out of people who tell me I can't possibly cruise for under $50pp/day. :rolleyes:

Edited by teecee60

I get such a kick out of people who tell me I can't possibly cruise for under $50pp/day. :rolleyes:

Indeed! when it is mentioned to me that cruising is expensive; my reply is, "where else can I travel the world with so many different countries (and/or ports of call) for "X" number of dollars for an "all-inclusive" deal?"

As with everything, we can taste sour lemons, or make delicious lemonade, pies, cakes, etc.!

There are deals out there for those looking!

Heather