Fitness Suite on Crown

ruthnewark

How big is the fitness suite on Crown, and what facilities does it have, please? Also, are there any fitness classes provided, and are they free or do you need to pay for them? Thanks

Princess has ZUMBA and there is no charge. Check the Princess Patter for times and locations. It is not held in the fitness center, most likely Club Fusion.

The Fitness Centers usually have approx. 10 treadmills (never actually counted), 5 or so stationary bikes, various exercise machines and an area for weights.

Most of the classes there have a cost, although I think there are a couple of free ones. Plus the Zumba as mentioned above.

How big is the fitness suite on Crown, and what facilities does it have, please? Also, are there any fitness classes provided, and are they free or do you need to pay for them? Thanks

I haven't been on the Crown yet, but I think it is similar to the Caribbean Princess. There was a great assortment of cardio machines pointed at the windows, weight machine, lots of free weights, benches, fitness balls, a couple of Bosu balls (one of my favorite shipboard activities is trying to balance on one while underway :D), foam rollers, and mats.

Pros and cons to the fitness centre on the Crown. Well equipped and beautiful forward facing views. However the Crown has cabins directly below the fitness centre and on our spring cruise, half the treadmills were shut down until after 9 am. Also did not open until 7 am.

I've been on the Crown several times. Same fitness center as on other Grand class ships. Fully equipped with all the customary machines, weights, exercise floor area. I see schedules of programs throughout the cruise but that's not my thing so I never checked on price. Something makes me think they are no charge. Right down the hall at the entrance to spa area are men's and women's locker rooms with sauna and steam room. No charge. On at sea days I usually work out in fitness center and then hit the steam room. Wonderful! :D