suite question

niner cruiser

You might look into the Family Suites on the Grand Class ships; they are actually two connected mini suites at the front of Dolphin Deck but I believe they sleep five. There are only two on each ship so you must book early.

Actually the coast guard controls the maximum capacity in a stateroom. They maybe able to accommodate 5 unless the Coast Guard has limited the capacity to 4. This is regulation applies to newer ships, so on older ships I think built before 1998 the regulations aren't applied.

we are a family of 5. our kids are 3 and 6 years old. On the princess web site it states that suits hold 4. Is it possible to sleep 5 in a suite?

Several suites we have occupied over the years have had a sofa bed which would sleep two as well as a drop down single from the ceiling.

But five people with a single bathroom??

Mike:)

The sofabed is not a full size sleeper, it is more of a twin size. And not all full suites have the drop down bed above. I believe it is only the Vista Suites that have them. If you have your heart set on a full suite you might want to think about booking that and an inside nearby to get around the capacity controls. If your children are small enough you may be able to still sleep two on the fold out couch and one on the drop down bed. This might be less expensive than a family suite.

we are a family of 5. our kids are 3 and 6 years old. On the princess web site it states that suits hold 4. Is it possible to sleep 5 in a suite?

I'd check on the family suites. You get the same amenities as a regular suite & there's a bit more privacy, as the bed rooms are somewhat separated by a large common room. Check their website. There is a large "discount" cruise website, but it will be censored if I mention it!