Coffee machine in Dawn Suites?

gleneigo

So I heard that the dawn now has Nespresso in their suites as a coffee option. Is it complimentary or is it like the mini bar fridge where you get charged if you use it?

I just want to make sure before I go on our cruise and start binging on espresso.

I like the disclaimer.

Thank you for the info. We have a nespresso machine at home. I was thinking I would bring a sleeve of pods just in case. I may still being a sleeve of decaf pods so I don't get too caffeinated.

I may still being a sleeve of decaf pods so I don't get too caffeinated.

NCL does provide decaf pods. Just a note - the only pods I've seen available on the ship are Vivalto Lungo, Vivalto Lungo Decaf and one darker espresso blend (not sure which one!) So, you may want to bring your favorite blends if not these. :)

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bump in on this old thread....but Nespresso machines in suites only, NOT mini suites, correct? I love our Nespresso and was just searching powders online to bring with us on our upcoming Dawn trip in an MB cabin...if only this would solve our problem!

Sorry to bump in on this old thread....but Nespresso machines in suites only, NOT mini suites, correct? I love our Nespresso and was just searching powders online to bring with us on our upcoming Dawn trip in an MB cabin...if only this would solve our problem!

Correct. The only thing "suitelike" is the name. Has bugged many for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The minisuites still have a drip coffee pot. No Nespresso.

• 1 month later...
For the drip maker (mini-suite) do you recall what brand? Is it like the flat, circular pods encased in a filter? I'm not a fan of dark roast (Starbucksy) and may pack my own.

I think that it is a hamilton beach 4-cup drip. They are all new after the dry dock, but the same brand as before. More of a filter bag with coffee in it. Pictured below (Dawn balcony Aug 2016)

d45db3548f89f220feb57bfbf42f1018.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

• 2 weeks later...
Was wondering at what point does the $7.95 service charge kick in.

We usually like to get a pot of coffee and a simple breakfast.

Continental breakfast (including coffee) is free. If you order a hot breakfast or any other food, you have to pay the delivery charge. Most rooms do not have a table or flat surface (other than the bed or floor) to put a tray.

I can confirm the Lavazza machines with the milk frother were removed during dry dock and replaced with the Nespresso machines with no frother.

I carried on a small portable frother so we could make latte or cappuccino.

The butler provided the milk.

While we loved the Lavazza machine, we found a way to make it work.

No. Not available.

image49.jpeg

Another Nespresso question...

Does anyone know if this is this the Nespresso Citiz that takes the Original line pods? I am interested in bringing some of my own pods as well and I want to make sure I bring the correct ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

lovemypups, it appears that the original pods are the ones that fit the coffee maker. As a note, the one birdtravels posted is the same as the one shown in the review by thedougout, check post #258. Doug was in a family suite on deck 12. John

Yes, the machines take the original size capsules, not the VertuoLine. Sue got me a machine for xmas after we enjoyed the one in the Dawn suite so much.

By the way, the renderings for the Bliss show Nespresso machines with frother in the suites, and Nespresso machines without frother in the minisuites (FreestyleNovice's keen observation). Of course, renderings don't mean much as this point.

7c9fa5638e489d454c5fa3400c3075e8.jpg

Edited by TheDougOut