App. sq footage of CAT 6a Valor

KShea

I haven't sailed the ship so I really don't know. However, I am curious as to how it can only be 185 sq ft. Here is my reasoning. The ship is straight up and down and even on the sides. The balconies are even with the windows as far as the side of the ship goes. The hallways are most likely the same width throughout. Given those two factors wouldn't the ocean view cabins be larger due to having the space that would normally be taken up by the balcony? Plus it says 220 sq ft on the usual online agency that I use for pricing information. I really don't know but it does make me go hmmmm.:)

Tony-- THATS too much math for me to figure out.. :D

depends onthe web site that you get your information. I had insides and oceanviews--and dont see any difference in size. I did have a sofa in the oceanview where I didnt have one in the inside.

Just got off the Elation and was very disappointed in the room. The corner storage for the life jackets took up space and caused us to have to "climb" into bed on the side next to the window. Do they have these on the Conquest?

all other ships ocean-view 6A and 6B are 185. This is for sure... HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Actually, that's not FOR SURE. RCCL has different size cabins on different ships and offer regular, large and extra large cabins. And they don't rate their cabins as 6A and 6B, so not sure what class you are comparing to. The Elation cabin I was on had so-o-o much less usuable space than the cabin I had on Rhapsody of the Seas. The showers on the Elation were lots larger. But the Rhapsody showers were adequate and we got to enjoy the extra space in our living area. We had a sofa and coffee table so that we didn't have to set on the beds all the time and had a table for our room service tray. Large dressing table with side cabinets for makeup, etc. Sure didn't like having to climb over the cabinet for life jackets to get in bed, and unless you did climb over the bed, you were 4 feet away when trying to look out the window. Sure hope our cabin on the Conquest is better arranged.

Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and Princess have different sized cabins even within the same categories on some of their ships. Carnival is not set up that way... all cabins are the same size (exlcuding suites and 6E and 9A.s) at 185 square feet except for on the forementioned Destiny and Conquest Class Ships where the ocean-view 6A and 6B are indeed larger cabins at 220 square feet. These cabins do have a small sofa/sitting area and refrigerator. The Destiny Class includes Carnival Destiny, Trumph and Victory and the Conquest Class includes Carnival Conquest, Glory, Valor and Liberty. Hope that helps!

The nice thing about the outside rooms on the Riveria deck on the Destiny and Conquest class ships are that they are 185 + 35 SF, that last part being the balconies on the upper deck. On this deck, it's part of your room!

Note to self: Read the other answers before posting.

My TA told me the standard oceanview rooms on Valor are only 185 sq. ft. The only ships that have the 220 sq. ft. oceanview rooms are the Destiny class ships. I specifically wanted to know because we were going to put the kids in the O/V cabins because I thought they'd have more room, but he definitely verified that the cabins on the Valor are only 185 sq. ft.

Oops, sorry, I was mistaken. My TA corrected me. The Triumph/Destiny/Conquest class ships are all 220 sq. ft. for their oceanview cabins. Since the Valor is a Conquest class ship, it would be 220 sq. ft. The Fantasy and Spirit class ships are 185 sq. ft. Sorry....

Archived