Thermal pass on the Epic

spanishguy1970

We usually take the spa pass. On other ships we pay 189 dollars for 14 days but this time around on the Epic the 13 day voyage is 289 dollars is it worth it? I particularly think is kind of high and maybe is time to use that money for something else. I wonder who else has paid this high for the pass. :(

April, 2015, TA was 11 days. I asked and was told $200. We had spa rooms so didn't check further. Someone on our roll call for our Oct TA said he's waiting for the price to drop as it did on his Jade(?) TA. We love the spa on Epic so we book spa rooms. I would purchased it, if not. It's what we like.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

They have always cost more on BA/GA/Epic, and even more on the Escape.

You can try to find out how much people paid on the Escape's TA last fall, that's the only other NCL megaship that has done a transatlantic crossing lately. Since they currently charge $219 ($199 pre-purchase) for a 7-day pass, I'm guessing people paid well over $300 on the TA. :eek:

We paid around $200 per person for the Jade TA (14 days). The Epic's spa is much better than the Jade and I would not hesitate to pay the price you quoted. I assume you are talking about the westbound TA in October/November. You will have a lot of time to take full advantage of the spa on that cruise. :)

You can try to find out how much people paid on the Escape's TA last fall, that's the only other NCL megaship that has done a transatlantic crossing lately. Since they currently charge $219 ($199 pre-purchase) for a 7-day pass, I'm guessing people paid well over $300 on the TA. :eek:

We paid around $200 per person for the Jade TA (14 days). The Epic's spa is much better than the Jade and I would not hesitate to pay the price you quoted. I assume you are talking about the westbound TA in October/November. You will have a lot of time to take full advantage of the spa on that cruise. :)

Yes, the Jade spa is not very good. Yes is the October-November TA this coming October. :D

I have a question for you. We have never been on the Epic is our first time, why would you not hesitate to pay that price for the spa on the Epic? how different is it? compared to the other ships. I like the quiet areas where i can sit and read. The Jade did not have that quiet area.Thank you

Showing my ignorance, but what do you get for $200 with a spa pass?

basically you use their facilities. The spa pools, jacuzzis, there are quiet areas where you sit and read. We mainly take it because we don't like the loud pool areas where sometimes you can't find where to sit. Is a good place to be if you mainly book inside staterooms.

We usually take the spa pass. On other ships we pay 189 dollars for 14 days but this time around on the Epic the 13 day voyage is 289 dollars is it worth it? I particularly think is kind of high and maybe is time to use that money for something else. I wonder who else has paid this high for the pass. :(

The $30 per day is pretty standard in the large ships with large thermal suites. So the price is about right. There is a small discount if you book online before your cruise (will cost more onboard). The Epix thermal suite is nice. Large windows in the saunas. And separate quiet rooms. And an outdoor deck if the weather is nice.

There is a quiet area in the Epic spa (relaxation room off to the side of the wet area), but I think there are only padded armchairs in there, no loungers. The balcony is also a nice area, generally very quiet, but if the spa is busy, then the two sets of sliding doors are constantly opening and closing, and that can get a little annoying.

The wet area is not quiet, because the noise of falling and bubbling water is actually quite loud, but I think most people like that. They have the heated loungers, but you are only supposed to use them for 30 minutes at a time.

We love the water features and the steamrooms/saunas, that's what makes the spa worth it for us. If those things are not as important to you, I can understand hesitating over the $289.

There is a quiet area in the Epic spa (relaxation room off to the side of the wet area), but I think there are only padded armchairs in there, no loungers. The balcony is also a nice area, generally very quiet, but if the spa is busy, then the two sets of sliding doors are constantly opening and closing, and that can get a little annoying.

The wet area is not quiet, because the noise of falling and bubbling water is actually quite loud, but I think most people like that. They have the heated loungers, but you are only supposed to use them for 30 minutes at a time.

We love the water features and the steamrooms/saunas, that's what makes the spa worth it for us. If those things are not as important to you, I can understand hesitating over the $289.

Thank you, those things are important to us that is why we always book it but when we saw the price this time around it shocked us a little. Once again we appreciate your input definitely making us rethink our decision.:D

The spa on the Epic is even better than on the Breakaway; the only two NCL ships that I have done the spa. That is because it is larger and has a very nice large outdoor area partly shaded at the front of the ship. The heated loungers and large therapy pool are the main reason that lately I have spent extra for the spa pass asI have some arthritis and the multiple jets in the therapy pool plus the heated loungers are just heaven. And on my Meditteranean cruise last April, sitting on the open area at the front of the ship relaxing and getting great photos of the volcanic island of Stromboli was magical!

well we made up our mind and got the passes. :):D

Wise decision - EPIC's SPA is awesome!!

Our last two cruises have been in Aquaclass on Celebrity - the SPA was such a let down compared to EPIC - Its the best!!

We have passes for Jade - which we know what to expect - but even Jade has more facilities than Celebrity's SPA has - but EPIC - yeah - good choice you wont regret it! We had a SPA Mini Suite on EPIC - it was wonderful - loved every minute - cant wait to meet her again in 2017 .. I have the Jade and the Getaway to try out too beforehand - Epic is prob my all time favourite ship - some love her some loathe her - its clear where I stand :)

The spa on the Epic is even better than on the Breakaway; the only two NCL ships that I have done the spa. That is because it is larger and has a very nice large outdoor area partly shaded at the front of the ship. The heated loungers and large therapy pool are the main reason that lately I have spent extra for the spa pass asI have some arthritis and the multiple jets in the therapy pool plus the heated loungers are just heaven. And on my Meditteranean cruise last April, sitting on the open area at the front of the ship relaxing and getting great photos of the volcanic island of Stromboli was magical!

The spa on the EPIC is AFT .... you have that great aft balcony with loungers and beds.

5bf6d3db-a1bf-4be6-bb9e-dc06b4651b76.jpg

Have you looked at what the price would be to upgrade to a spa room? Worth a look at!!

Glad you suggested that. We booked a spa balcony on the Escape mainly because it includes complimentary access to the spa. Yes, it costs a little more, but liked it because it was only one deck down from the spa, plus one deck down from the Garden Café.

Have you looked at what the price would be to upgrade to a spa room? Worth a look at!!

Except for Haven, they've been sold out for a while. One appeared to show (+$1000. over original price), for a while, but gone. I think yesterday was the US payment deadline but no openings-yet.

Glad you suggested that. We booked a spa balcony on the Escape mainly because it includes complimentary access to the spa. Yes, it costs a little more, but liked it because it was only one deck down from the spa, plus one deck down from the Garden Café.

That's another "plus" for Epic. The spa rooms are on the same level. It's right below H2O and, similarly, one deck below the cafe which is all the way forward. Honestly, the spa is what got DH on board (intended) with cruising.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

Wise decision - EPIC's SPA is awesome!!

Our last two cruises have been in Aquaclass on Celebrity - the SPA was such a let down compared to EPIC - Its the best!!

We have passes for Jade - which we know what to expect - but even Jade has more facilities than Celebrity's SPA has - but EPIC - yeah - good choice you wont regret it! We had a SPA Mini Suite on EPIC - it was wonderful - loved every minute - cant wait to meet her again in 2017 .. I have the Jade and the Getaway to try out too beforehand - Epic is prob my all time favourite ship - some love her some loathe her - its clear where I stand :)

Thank you for this response. My favorite ship so far has been the GEM maybe because it was my very first NCL cruise :-).. I was ( am) a little nervous about the Epic so many different opinions; that is too big, that is hard to get in the restaurants, that the staterooms are weird, that the staff are rude, that the service is not as personable etc etc etc. I remember when it was first launched i said to myself that i would never be on it ( never say never) mostly because how many people can be on it but the price was right and we love Transatlantics. We will see how it goes. We do read the review and comments from people but we like to make our own minds by experiencing it. Thank you all for your responses..:D

Thank you for this response. My favorite ship so far has been the GEM maybe because it was my very first NCL cruise :-).. I was ( am) a little nervous about the Epic so many different opinions; that is too big, that is hard to get in the restaurants, that the staterooms are weird, that the staff are rude, that the service is not as personable etc etc etc. I remember when it was first launched i said to myself that i would never be on it ( never say never) mostly because how many people can be on it but the price was right and we love Transatlantics. We will see how it goes. We do read the review and comments from people but we like to make our own minds by experiencing it. Thank you all for your responses..:D

I've been on the epic twice and never had a problem. I booked a time for the restaurant s and when I showed up went straight to front of the line and got seated right away. If it's gonna be a long wait they give you a pass to the bar for a free drink of champagne/ something else. Found sometimes it was also easier to pick the other main dining room as less crowded same food just not the same entertainment .

The crowds should be less of a problem on the TA, since it will probably sail well under capacity. I have a feeling the spa will be busier than usual, but they do limit the number of people that can be in there at one time.

The Epic looks huge, but it's really only 100 feet longer than the Gem. So you will have to walk a little bit more, but it's only really significant if you're constantly going from one end of the ship to the other. Most of the added size on the Epic is passenger decks, not public areas. In other words, there may be twice as many passengers as the Gem, but there are not twice as many venues you'll need to get to.

The staterooms are weird (I assume you're referring to the bathroom, or lack thereof), but you'll also have the spa as an extra bathroom.