Fan of the fan

back2tampa

I just bring a small desk fan (about 5-6 inches)...and an extension cord! I have to have my fan BLOWING on me at night (hot flashes, lol!)...so I need it by the bed.

I would never count on a fan being available, either on a ship or in a hotel!

I go with electric, because battery fans won't last an entire cruise, and batteries weigh too much to fly with!

If you only need the noise, and not the airflow, there are apps with "white noise" you can download to your phone....

Edited by cb at sea

• 2 weeks later...

On my first cruise which included an inside cabin also came with a panic attack of not being able to breath. They do not have any fans on board. Two days later we docked at our first port. Immediately purchased a small fan that clipped to the chair. The rest of the cruise was perfect.

I need the air circulating.

Every cruise since, I have brought a fan. Once it caused a piece of my luggage to be held in security.

Enjoy your cruise!

I am surprised when you say they don't have fans on board. RCCL has them and stated they are reserved for pregnant women, medical needs, etc. We were able to get one in our cabin.

Princess was our first cruise and they did not have any fans.

Never left the house without packing my fan after that. I only asked the first time, now it is just a necessity to pack.