Hot meals from Room service, really !

jckvpa0

As long as you order during the times the dining room is open you can order those menu items to room service. Request your room steward to provide you with daily dining room menus (service above and beyond and should be tipped accordingly) to facilitate your ordering.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know they did that. I'm assuming that you can just write in a breakfast item on the room service tag you leave out on your door the night before.

For breakfast they will accommodate you sometimes but not always with things not on the menu.Try the omelettes on the breakfast menu.They're pretty good.Besides the hang tag for breakfast there is a menu in the binder in your cabin.It has menus,ship information etc.It has a few more items than the hang tag.Be prepared to be spoiled.I was pretty upset the day after we got home last year.i picked up the phone when i was hungry and noone would take my order.LOL.Have a great cruise.

I was pretty upset the day after we got home last year.i picked up the phone when i was hungry and noone would take my order.

Yeah - that's reality nipping you right where it hurts, huh?

I had almost forgotten about the "book" in the room. After a number of cruises I tend to stick it in a drawer making room for my junk instead. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks for the info, Love,Love,Love room service:D !!!

One more question if anyone knows. Another tip this person had was that if your to full for your desert in the dinning room have them prepare it to go. Really, you can do this never would have thought to ask!

Another tip is you can get a veggie tray instead of fruit for your room if you ask for it. It may be because I'm diabetic but I got one every other day.

CaptData, thanks for that tip. My dh is recently diagnosed and this will be our first cruise since he started the diabetic diet. I've got the whole family following the diet too (moral support) and having acess to fresh veggies will be great. My little girls now ask for baby carrots and celery sticks for after school snacks. Never a bad thing!

Thanks for the info, Love,Love,Love room service:D !!!

One more question if anyone knows. Another tip this person had was that if your to full for your desert in the dinning room have them prepare it to go. Really, you can do this never would have thought to ask!

You can definately do this...even in the specialty restaurants. I was so full in Chops I couldn't finish my dinner...I didn't even have to ask, my server insisted I take some dessert to go. I had the raspberry cheesecake put in a plate with a cover over it when we left...it was the best dessert I had the whole cruise!

I've heard that there are exceptions to the "anything on the dining room menu" rule. Lobster for dinner is one and eggs benedict for breakfast is another that has been reported (more often than not) as a no-go, regardless of whether you order it during the dining room hours. Occasionally, we hear that someone did get the eggs benedict or what have you, but there are a few items that seem to be unavailable through room service nearly all the time.

beachchick

We ate in the dining room for breakfast every morning so I cannot share about that but the first night I was seasick and we ordered the Cod in our room with no problem (I can get seasick in the bathtub, one of lifes cruel irony's is that I adore cruising). there is even a channel on the TV, on the Mariner, that tells you what the dinner selections are.

I've heard that there are exceptions to the "anything on the dining room menu" rule. Lobster for dinner is one and eggs benedict for breakfast is another that has been reported (more often than not) as a no-go, regardless of whether you order it during the dining room hours. Occasionally, we hear that someone did get the eggs benedict or what have you, but there are a few items that seem to be unavailable through room service nearly all the time.

beachchick

You are right.I forgot about the few exceptions.We couldn't get lobster.There may be menus for the day displayed on your tv.This will list the things you can get.We did get the prime rib and some people have reported they weren't able to get it.I wasn't feeling well and my DH asked our waiter for it.This may have made a difference.A fewq people have reported getting the eggs benedict.It never hurts to try.Enjoy your cruise and your room service.

You are right.I forgot about the few exceptions.We couldn't get lobster.There may be menus for the day displayed on your tv.This will list the things you can get.We did get the prime rib and some people have reported they weren't able to get it.I wasn't feeling well and my DH asked our waiter for it.This may have made a difference.A fewq people have reported getting the eggs benedict.It never hurts to try.Enjoy your cruise and your room service.

Little confused, did you order it through room service or did your dh go to the dinning room & order it?

Little confused, did you order it through room service or did your dh go to the dinning room & order it?

I have ordered menu items directly from room service. On days when we know that we want to dine in our cabin, room service will deliver the dinner menu to our cabin during the day. Then we call room service (we give them about 45 minutes for delivery) with our requests. If you like that type of service, keep plenty of "ones" and "fives" to keep the room service personnel smiling and doing extras.

Rick

I ordered everything through room service with the exception of the prime rib.my DH went to the diningroom to let our tablemates and waiter we wouldn't be able to make it that night and asked the waiter about the lobster and prime rib.He said he could have the prime rib delivered but not the lobster.We didn't try to order the prime rib through room service so i am not sure if you could or not.

Yeah, the only time we were able to get anything and everything we wanted through room service (in fact, pretty much anything we wanted, period) was when I broke my leg on a cruise and was pretty confined--they thought it was a torn achilles tendon, so I couldn't even hobble around on crutches. Not a good way to get special treatment. (The upside was they moved us to a suite because it was our one and only time to book a tiny little inside that wouldn't accomodate my unexpected wheelchair. Interesting trade-off I guess.)

Also, we always simply write extras on the bottom of our breakfast door tag and have always gotten what we've asked for--sometimes more than we expect. Once I asked for "some pineapple" and we got a platter full (no problem, as we are pineapple fiends). Another time I asked for extra yogurt instead of milk with cereal and we got extra cereal, extra yogurt, and milk. C'est la vie.

beachchick

Be very specific when ordering.If you need 3 jelly write that or you may get only 1.Don't assume they will give you something.Also when calling on th phone double check.There can sometimes be a language barrier.My daughter called and ordered a 3 cheese omelet.They brought her 3 cheese omelettes.

Hmm, I posted a question asking about ordering off the dinner menu in cabin and got several responses saying it soud not be done. Sorry. I can't figure out how to paste the thread here.

One of these responses very well may have been mine. On the Adventure in Sept '04 we were not permitted to order room service from the dining room menu. Having read here that we could (and having packed less dining-room appropriate clothes as a result) we intended to take many of our evening meals in our cabin. After going to Guest Relations and speaking to a dining room manager we were still told it was not standard to order room service from the dining room menu...they finally relinquished and said they would do it special for us, but we were told to expect up to 1 and 1/2 hours from the time we placed our order until our food would be delivered. We ended up not trying it...

Most responses I've ever read here on the boards suggest that you can order room service from the dining room menu, but my recommendation is that you at least pack enough clothes to go to the dining room in case it doesn't work out!!

On the Rhapsody in Sept (and other times) there were a few items from the evening menu that were on the TV Room Service menu and you could order them in addition to the printed room service menu. But you could not get everything from the dining room menu, just a couple entree choices, a couple appetizers, and a few desserts.

Still, we did this our last night as we were packing (exhausted, after day 10 of a 7 day cruise, and yes we still tipped our waiters) and it was yummy and hot. But we had only a couple choices.

Archived