Dancing with the Stars Fall 2016 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

Just watched last night's show. Didn't care for Erin's dress, her hair was ok. Loved J's black top, saw that strange gold skirt when it showed the judges standing up. Didn't care for J's eye makeup either (again). C's dress was ok.

I too preferred the Past dance. And ok with Maureen going home. Surprised that Ryan is still around.

Laurie seems to have gotten a little worse as the weeks go by, instead of improving. Still love her though. James, Calvin and Jana are among the best.

Article about Erin's look from Monday night.

http://people.com/style/erin-andrews-dwts-style-blog-week-seven/

I still don't like it. :)

I wasn't surprised or sorry about who went home. I was getting tired of her crying all the time. Carrie Ann said she loved her positivity. Crying all the time is positive? :confused:

Oh cool, someone's dancing to "You Don't Own Me" - I'm obsessing on that song lately, lol!

I love that song--it's from my high school days. Recently a granddaughter was having me listen to some of her current favorites; whatever singer it was (forgot) had "You don't own me" as part of their song; done quite similarly to the original.

We had a nice discussion about how things haven't really changed as much in 50+ years as you'd think: with the theme of that 'old' song being very relevant for some girls today.

Article about Monday's Halloween show dances and songs. There will also be a dance off.

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2016/10/27/dancing-with-the-stars-season-23-week-eight-halloween-night-song-dance-list/

A Halloween show will be fun.

I'm finding that I miss Mark Ballas this season. He had such creative dances. He could do an awesome Halloween dance.

I only recognize the titles of two of the songs. :D:eek::D

I knew them all but Dr. Bones and Howlin' for You. You probably know more than you realize. Pure Imagination is from Willy Wonka, which they've played a lot recently because of Gene Wilder's death. Sweet Dreams was a Eurythmics song.

I knew them all but Dr. Bones and Howlin' for You. You probably know more than you realize. Pure Imagination is from Willy Wonka, which they've played a lot recently because of Gene Wilder's death. Sweet Dreams was a Eurythmics song.

I Googled "Dr. Bones" and like it. I love Swing music.

'Howlin' for You" I hear on the radio all the time and like.

Emily's "Sweet Dreams" version sounds a bit more haunting to me than the original.

Should be a fun night!

I liked Erin's dress too. Glamorous but Halloween-appropriate. I thought the length should have been a little longer - it was kind of a cropped length. But the color and sparkle were nice on her.

Julianne's hair was awful. I know it's Halloween but still. :)

I felt so bad for Sharna and James. James still did a great job though.

I LOVED Laurie and Val's dance. It was magical, like something out of a Disney movie. Laurie really shone in that dance.

I liked Erin's shimmery black fitted dress - she wore her hair long so she could wear the bunny ears, lol.

C's black dress was really pretty and her hair was fun for Halloween. No way should she ever wear it like that in real life though :eek:.

J's dress was just another sundress that she likes to wear; looked fine.

The dancing was fun; I like the Halloween shows. Too bad about Sharma being injured though. But James is a trooper and Jenna did well as Sharma's replacement.

Ok, Ryan gone; let's hope Marilu is next!

Edited by Sandy Sails

Have to agree that maybe Marilu should go next. I think she isn't having fun anymore.

Erin posted that with heels and bunny ears she was 6'6" and too tall for some of the set.

Wondering if J's hair was a wig?

I wish the judges and hosts would do more costumes for the Halloween show.

Ryan was pretty good. At least he went out on a high.

I may have enjoyed James and Jenna' suicide squad characters more than I did the movie actors.

HI all!

Just back from my amazing Carnival Vista TA but was able to catch the Hallowe'en show on repeat Saturday.

The right person went home last night too. It's funny DWTS wasn't listed in the tv guide I use so I thought maybe it was because of last minute election shows. I tried watching at 8 & there it was!:D Nice to see Mark again.

Getting close to the end now, wonder who'll go next!

~ Jo ~ :)

Getting close to the end now, wonder who'll go next!

~ Jo ~ :)

Glad you had a great TA - all those sea days are my favorite!

We have gotten down to the real contenders. I think two have the best chance of winning but the others all seem to be about equal.

Loved Erin's dress last night. I think that may be the best look on her I have seen. Liked the top of C's, needed to see more of J's.

Definitely the right one went home.

I agree, the right one went home. Those left are all very, very good, so it may be related to fan favorites rather than the 'best' dancer.

I liked Erin's dress too, although I thought the color wasn't great with her skin and hair tone. Couldn't see enough of the others' dresses to comment.

LOVED Erin's gold shimmery dress! Loved the neckline on her, really highlighted her strong arms and shoulders. And the color went very well with her hair.

Really liked J's green halter dress and liked C's gold lame' dress but not the neckline.

The dancing was amazing! I think now that Marilu is gone, Terra may be next, although it seems Jana doesn't get the votes. It'll be interesting. For once, there is no clear favorite. More fun this way.

I thought it was kind of funny when Carrie Ann said to James that it's hard to look good in green and Julianne was sitting right next to her in a green dress. Awkward! :) But Julianne looked nice.

I didn't care for the arms and neckline of Carrie Anne's dress. Just didn't hit the right places or something.

I fell asleep during the side by side dances so I'll have to watch those later, but I did see who went home.

It wasn't my favourite show, but still good.

James and Calvin's bromance was cute.

I'd never heard of Jana before the show and only knew who Terra was because of ads for her tv show.

I liked all the dresses, but I want jewellery on Julianne. That dark green was so plain.

Here are the dances for Monday night.

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2016/11/10/sharna-burgess-returns-to-dance-floor-for-dwts-season-23-semi-finals/

Very sad about Laurie's grandmother.

I liked what I could see of J's dress as well as her hair and that diamond (?) choker. C's was OK. Erin's dress, not so much. When you have to use a flesh colored piece of fabric to ward off a wardrobe malfunction, it's cut too skimpy IMO. I normally like peacock blue but that was a tad on the dull side. The dress did fit her nicely.

I'm not surprised at who was eliminated and think it could have been any of the last three couples mentioned.