Just booked the Breeze

bugsokc

MY COUNTDOWN IS ALREADY IN DOUBLE DIGITS!!! :D

Just booked my 5th Carnival Cruise on the Breeze with DW (4th cruise) & DD (4th cruise). First time on this ship. Looking forward to Guy's Burgers, Thrill Theater and Chef's Table just to name a few. :)

We sailed on the Magic twice. Even though they are sister ships, I noticed some differences (e.g. Thrill Theater). Any advice on what we should not miss on this ship?

Our last cruise was October 2015 on the Freedom. I see Carnival has changed a few things since then (CHEERS! has been "enhanced", mini fridge is empty and usable - i.e. no mini bar). Anything else new I might have missed?

I have read through the boards - lots of great info and pictures.

LOVE Cruise Critic!

Thanks in advance!

I just booked the breeze as well!!!

The only thing i have to do now is try to figure out navigating Galveston/Houston. It seems difficult and expensive so far.

Hotel rooms are expensive! We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort (next to San Luis). It was about $100 less than other hotels and perfectly fine for one night (or two). I am very picky so trust me on this. Make sure to request an oceanview. Is it the newest hotel, nope, not posh either but clean, quiet and a decent breakfast in the morning. The San Luis next door is very nice and a sister hotel to the HI. We loved the dining area there and their bar. They also have a very active pool/bar that I believe HI guests are entitled to use.

Check it out! :)

Getting to the Port in Galveston is actually very easy to navigate. Staying in Galveston, as already stated, can be expensive. If driving in, or flying ahead of time, you can stay closer to Houston and pay less. Parking is available directly across the street from the ship (Galveston Park 'N' Cruise) and it usually only takes us about 45 minutes from the west side of Houston (Katy area). Hope this helps.

Getting to the Port in Galveston is actually very easy to navigate. Staying in Galveston, as already stated, can be expensive. If driving in, or flying ahead of time, you can stay closer to Houston and pay less. Parking is available directly across the street from the ship (Galveston Park 'N' Cruise) and it usually only takes us about 45 minutes from the west side of Houston (Katy area). Hope this helps.

We drove from Dallas on a Saturday and it took us 90 minutes to get from Houston to Galveston. First we hit lots of stop and go traffic in Houston, then we hit a closure on I45 due to the construction. We got off on the service road (big mistake as there is not another onramp for about two miles and they had the service road down to one lane). Needless to say it was not fun.

I know traffic in Houston is bad during the week but this was a Saturday. Just don't be low on gas between Houston and Galveston, and take a restroom break once you hit Houston area.

The only thing i have to do now is try to figure out navigating Galveston/Houston. It seems difficult and expensive so far.

When I first booked our cruise and was looking for hotel options in Galveston, I couldn't believe how expensive it was. Not only was it expensive but most places required a two night stay minimum. I didn't need a two night stay.

After looking at the Gulf Coast port board on here, I found out that a lot of people stay just outside of Galveston. I have booked rooms for our group in Texas City for less than $100 per night. From my research we'll only be 15-20 minutes from the port.

Hope this helps!

I just booked the breeze as well!!!

My wife and I are sailing Nov 27th and managed to find Gaido's Seaside Inn on the seawall. Total cost is $160 for 1 night, parking for the duration of the cruise, and a shuttle. It's only a 10 minute walk to the pier and restaurants as well.

The Breeze has a really nice casual, light and airy feel to it. The decor is subdued but yet very "beachy" looking. I love what they did to the design of the buffet..much more opened seating, and the "palm trees" give it a nice tropical touch.

The crew is great..very friendly and upbeat.

Enjoy!

I strongly recommend Cucina del Capitano (the italian restaurant) on the Breeze. It is larger than the one you'll find on the Magic. The food is incredible, the service is wonderful (many of the team that were on my cruise 2 weeks ago will still be onboard by Thanksgiving), and with only a $15 per person charge, it's a great value. At lunch, they offer a free pasta bar as well.

We ate there 5 out of the 7 nights for dinner - it was that great!

My wife and I are sailing Nov 27th and managed to find Gaido's Seaside Inn on the seawall. Total cost is $160 for 1 night, parking for the duration of the cruise, and a shuttle. It's only a 10 minute walk to the pier and restaurants as well.

Gaido's is a fantastic place to dine, btw. Enjoy your trip!