Cozumel Bar Hop site...Issues...

GalCruzer

I just booked this for us for next month. It said I had to pay a part down on their paypal account (I don't have a paypal acct). My very valid credit card would not go through. It said this card is not accepted here. Anyone have any idea why it would say this?

Now I'm not sure if I want to do this or if I just want to hire a driver through Tours Plaza. Just with that I'm not sure exactly what to see on the Eastern side of Cozumel.

But any info regarding the issue with Bar Hop would be helpful.

As well as what to see if we have to go on our own.

TIA,

Gal

Set up a paypal account. It's easy to do. And it's secure; just use a good password. You can have it linked to your cc. They send you receipts for charges made and monthly statements.

There's not much more to see on the east side. Couple of other beach bars. The lighthouse. A driver can take you to the Tequila Museum along the Transversal road and the Chocolate Factory toward the back of San Miguel. The charge is per vehicle so with others you can lower the costs.

What's attractive for the Bar Hop is the ability to visit these places with a group of people and a party like atmosphere versus just a drive around.

Might email the Bar Hop and see what they say - they are super good about getting back with you and very accommodating! Or just get a PayPal account, very easy to set one up and we use ours anytime it is available when making online purchases!

I have done this tour my last 2 times in Cozumel and absolutely love it! The guides are wonderful and it is beautiful on the "other" side of the island! If you can get it to work, do it for sure!! :D

Edited by zoiebear

I was able to book the tour. IDK it seemed like it perhaps didn't go through because the first time I clicked on the paypal logo because I made sure to click on the actual small VISA logo this time. :confused:

Like I said I'm not sure but those are the only different things I believe I did differently. Either way I'm glad it went through.

BTW, how old do you have to be to drink in Mexico? I'm certainly of age, but my niece is only 19...

I was able to book the tour. IDK it seemed like it perhaps didn't go through because the first time I clicked on the paypal logo because I made sure to click on the actual small VISA logo this time. :confused:

Like I said I'm not sure but those are the only different things I believe I did differently. Either way I'm glad it went through.

BTW, how old do you have to be to drink in Mexico? I'm certainly of age, but my niece is only 19...

Glad it worked!

The minimum drinking age is 18. The FAQ on the Cozumel Bar Hop website also says 18 so she should be fine. :)

Drinking age is 18...

Ha...Now I need to decide to tell her whether or not she is legal in Cozumel ;)

That just made me giggle! My 18 year old will be with us in January, he already knows....I figure what can go wrong with a combination of bad parenting, water activities and a novice drinking in Cozumel.... Thank goodness the 13 year old will keep us all straight!!:rolleyes:

I did the Bar Hop on a girls cruise/trip a few years ago. We had a great time. Really loved the beaches! I can't wait until our youngest is 18 so we can all go!!

That just made me giggle! My 18 year old will be with us in January, he already knows....I figure what can go wrong with a combination of bad parenting, water activities and a novice drinking in Cozumel.... Thank goodness the 13 year old will keep us all straight!!:rolleyes:

I did the Bar Hop on a girls cruise/trip a few years ago. We had a great time. Really loved the beaches! I can't wait until our youngest is 18 so we can all go!!

My guess is she will figure it out! LOL

I decided to tell her because she said she heard from friends about the drinking age.. :cool:. She promised that she will not indulge too much...;) Shall see...

I decided to tell her because she said she heard from friends about the drinking age.. :cool:. She promised that she will not indulge too much...;) Shall see...

Just a reminder, only the four sample drinks are included, you need cash (no credit cards) for any extra food or drink.

If you go to google images and put in the different locations you will probably find photos of the menus.

Prices are often in pesos. I saw a complaint recently of Coconuts using an exchange rate of 10:1. Don't know if this is correct but just something to be aware of.

You will need cash for tips for the driver and guide if you wish.

We did the bar hop with our 19 yr old in January and I'm doing it again in Feb with girlfriends.

I think for the 3 of us in Cozumel we had $100 cash and didn't spend it all. We ate at 2 different places and had 1 drink each other than the shots at each location.

We then tipped.

Awesome tour you will have a blast