Epic: Posh or H2O Spice?

cdngooner

Trying to decide if Posh is worth the price and effort. What exactly do you get for your $69 (or whatever it is) in Posh that you don't get in H20 Spice? We will be on Epic for Eastern Caribbean in March.

Edited by cdngooner

Posh is more exclusive, fancier loungers and more private. Spice H2o is adults only, has a small pool and lots of loungers and a bar and a small snack bar as well. It all depends on if you feel like sprinting to pay the upcharge fofr Posh, or just relax and enjoy Spice.

Trying to decide if Posh is worth the price and effort. What exactly do you get for your $69 (or whatever it is) in Posh that you don't get in H20 Spice? We will be on Epic for Eastern Caribbean in March.

I'm trying to decide this as well for our new year's eve cruise. I love Spice on the Epic - it is so much better than the away ships or the Escape ... just not sure if I should buy the 4 Posh passes since it is a holiday week.

• 4 weeks later...
While posh has nicer loungers, DW prefers Spice. It has, while small, a pool. Posh does not.

Totally true, Posh is missing a water feature. They did fix the mist thing that was out of order for 4 or 5 years.

Are there more sun umbrellas in Posh?

Not much shade in Spice H20 if I recall. Only umbrellas around the seats at the bar.

Also umbrellas at the buffet part of Spice and sometimes on the lower tiered seating IIRC. edit: I thought they fixed the umbrellas at Posh after drydock (reports on CC here on NCL board).

Been on Epic a few times and done both I would advice Spice unless one really cares for softer loungers over less features. When in the Haven Posh is a nice perk closeby to your courtyard cabin, more convient over Spice which is all the way aft.

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Are there more sun umbrellas in Posh?

Not much shade in Spice H20 if I recall. Only umbrellas around the seats at the bar.

Unfortunately, there is virtually no shade in Spice H2O. I posted a thread about my experience on Getaway a couple weeks ago that inspired little-to-no passion. If NCL does still troll these boards, my post likely will not inspire them to run out an purchase more umbrellas even though they are desperately needed. At least on Getaway there were four umbrellas over by the water feature which were much prized and much fought over. I think you are correct that those non-bar umbrellas do not exist on Epic.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2402972