EZAir--Feeling uneaZy

rbslos18

I've been reading about Princess using consolidator tickets and the class the tickets are written in. Some write in the event of a problem, we are at the mercy of the airlines who give such tickets lowest priority.

My understanding is if we have a problem such as a missed flight, Princess is the knight in shining armor coming to our aid.

Thoughts?!

RB

I hope so :eek:

My Princess Cruise consultant called me yesterday and also sent an email with a number I could call if there were any problems with flights, etc. on our travel day. So I hope if there is an EZ Air snafu, Princess has my back!

I hope so :eek:

My Princess Cruise consultant called me yesterday and also sent an email with a number I could call if there were any problems with flights, etc. on our travel day. So I hope if there is an EZ Air snafu, Princess has my back!

Just don't count on it, if you're cruising to Hawaii. The "next available port" would be Hawaii and would violate the PVSA. So, you'd have to fly to Ensenada - our "far foreign port" for Hawaii cruises. :eek:

I wonder whether that number is manned 24/7. If I'm in Frankfurt with a flight issue when it's 2:00am in California, will there be someone there to provide assistance?

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

When DH lost his passport, between San Francisco and New York, there was someone available to help us at the Princess delayed travel number. This was about 6:00 pm PST.

The best help came from all of the great employees at JFK, especially the personnel at Alitalia Airlines. The ticket agent gave us the telephone number for emergency passports and we were able to get an appointment for the next morning. Another agent re-booked DH for a flight to Rome for the following day. She said since we had booked through a Princess group fare, she could fly DH into the same airport for no charge, even though it wasn't Alitalia's fault that DH couldn't get on the flight.

We were able to get DH a ticket from Rome to Naples, to meet up with the ship, for $100. I took our original flight, and 24 hours later, we were reunited. :)

We've enjoyed good rates thru EZ air and great care thru United and Delta. Both airlines honored my daughter's needs for seating near the door due to her mobility issues. We've noticed no difference in the management of her issues between tickets booked thru Princess vs. tickets purchased thru the airline directly.

Suggestions--go to the airline's web site and be sure you have a ticket number (not just a reservation code). Print it out!

I've got my air w/ princess as well,but only reserved, my question is, I usually have the Delta App on my phone and if my flt is delayed it will say you can change planes by clicking here or there, etc. Can I still use the app if there is a problem or do I have to call princess, and/or can I deal w/ the gate/counter people incase something is wrong w/ my flt

We've enjoyed good rates thru EZ air and great care thru United and Delta. Both airlines honored my daughter's needs for seating near the door due to her mobility issues. We've noticed no difference in the management of her issues between tickets booked thru Princess vs. tickets purchased thru the airline directly.

Suggestions--go to the airline's web site and be sure you have a ticket number (not just a reservation code). Print it out!

What if you haven't paid for it yet, can you still go to the airline's website to get you ticket number or does it have to be paid for?

What if you haven't paid for it yet, can you still go to the airline's website to get you ticket number or does it have to be paid for?

Delta doesn't issue the ticket until it is paid for. However, once you are "booked" thru Princess, you'll get a reservation code. This will allow you to choose standard seats, enter frequent flyer numbers, make special meal requests, etc. It will NOT allow you to book restricted seats; that must wait until you are ticketed.

Once you are in route, you can use the Delta app or go to an agent to deal with flight changes. Our experience with Delta was that once the flight was paid for, we were treated just like any other ticket holder. Obviously, higher sky miles members got their perks, but beyond that we could see no difference whether we had booked thru Delta or thru Princess.

However, if your flight is delayed on the way to the cruise, you will want to call the Princess en route number. They may have more access to ability to switch you to another airline or otherwise get you to your ship on time. And if that is impossible, they will route you to the first port stop.

We booked well ahead of our trip, and small changes were made twice. These were not anything of consequence--Delta moved the flight time by 20 minutes. The first time, Delta sent me an e-mail. The second time, I just happened to see it on the Princess cruise personalizer--no notice from Delta, Princess, or TA until several days later! Yes, I did eventually get the info both from Delta and from Princess, but not in a very timely manner.

I've been reading about Princess using consolidator tickets and the class the tickets are written in. Some write in the event of a problem, we are at the mercy of the airlines who give such tickets lowest priority.

My understanding is if we have a problem such as a missed flight, Princess is the knight in shining armor coming to our aid.

Thoughts?!

RB

Our experience is that airline employees often treat us with a higher level of urgency when we tell them that we are trying to make a cruise. We've received many courtesies, such as a re-ticketing agent phoning the gate to tell them to hold as long as possible so we can run through the airport and make a flight. The class of the ticket didn't appear to make a difference - the possible bad press of an airline causing passengers to miss a cruise did.

Secondly, with domestic flights we found that the in-Transit delay operators were great. They understood our natural distress, and, when asked, explained our options, but then went above and beyond to call Princess at the port to explain our situation so they were prepared to expedite our travel from airport to ship. By the way the option was: if we missed the ship we would be flown to the next available port and provided with a nice per diem allowance at the hotel while we wait for the ship to catch up.

Anyway, that's our experience. Since then we try to fly a day early.

Just don't count on it, if you're cruising to Hawaii. The "next available port" would be Hawaii and would violate the PVSA. So, you'd have to fly to Ensenada - our "far foreign port" for Hawaii cruises. :eek:

So for Hawaii, book with EZAir for flights 1 or 2 days before sail date?;)

Ensenada is your "near foreign port".

There is no far foreign port on that itinerary. If there was, it would not be a PVSA violation to board at one USA port and disembark at another.