LCV upgrade offer

fcfc

It could have been a lot worse if Captain Jose hadn't sailed towards the Azores, to avoid the eye of Tropical storm Ian.

Well done Captain Jose.:)

I was speaking to GRM German who has just transferred to Journey and he said a Silverseas ship was just ahead of you, but didn't divert south as you did and it was really horrid.

I was speaking to GRM German who has just transferred to Journey and he said a Silverseas ship was just ahead of you, but didn't divert south as you did and it was really horrid.

According to CD Russ, who had lunch with Silver Whisper's CD, they had 4 really bad days. We had one, when we had to go through the tail of the storm, to get to St John's Newfoundland.

We were kept informed daily by the Captain and also Jon Malay, a lecturer, who was previously a Military weather forecaster for the U.S Navy.

I really appreciated being 'kept in the picture.'

Edited by upwarduk

You could contact them and give them your new number. I wasn't sure if our mobile number was on our original upgrade application, so I sent a reply to their acknowledgement of the application. They do read replies because I got a reply saying thanks.

If you booked through a TA the offer goes to them and they contact you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Is it a standard $398 per cabin irrespective of whether there are one or two people in it?

Also do you get offered a certain cabin number and then have the opportunity to accept or decline it? Just a little worried that as I usually have a verandah midship I might get allocated to a forward CC suite and not sure I would be happy with that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And how is one informed of a possible upsell if booked through that very large warehouse chain we all know and love? They're not very good at personalized service, so I'm afraid we might lose out on a possible opportunity. On a recent HAL trip, I monitored the ship capacity and then called the warehouse agency about 4 weeks out. We did receive a nice upsell, but it only happened because I took the initiative. We're booked on the Feb. 9 Quest. I see there's still availability in all the categories above us (we booked a balcony). We only book a category we'd be happy with, and would never assume we'd be offered an upsell. But if the opportunity presented itself, I'd be more than willing to take it. ;-)

Caroline

And how is one informed of a possible upsell if booked through that very large warehouse chain we all know and love? They're not very good at personalized service, so I'm afraid we might lose out on a possible opportunity. On a recent HAL trip, I monitored the ship capacity and then called the warehouse agency about 4 weeks out. We did receive a nice upsell, but it only happened because I took the initiative. We're booked on the Feb. 9 Quest. I see there's still availability in all the categories above us (we booked a balcony). We only book a category we'd be happy with, and would never assume we'd be offered an upsell. But if the opportunity presented itself, I'd be more than willing to take it. ;-)

Caroline

The upgrade request is done using this form:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

Whatever contact number and email you submit is what we will use to notify you should an upgrade be availability.

Is it a standard $398 per cabin irrespective of whether there are one or two people in it?

Also do you get offered a certain cabin number and then have the opportunity to accept or decline it? Just a little worried that as I usually have a verandah midship I might get allocated to a forward CC suite and not sure I would be happy with that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is $398 per stateroom.

Yes, I believe you may decline but don't delay in doing so. You wouldn't want your original stateroom assigned to someone else.

The terms and conditions are at the bottom of this page: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade