LCV upgrade offer

fcfc

Can I please have peoples views on whether the $398 LCV upgrade offer is considered to be worthwhile.

We are currently in a Balcony Stateroom on Deck 7 so presumably any upgrade would be to a Club Continent Suite on Deck 8.

Those suites appear to suffer, to varying degrees, from noise from the deck above and soot.

Opinions on the value of the upgrade in this situation would be welcome please.

Can I please have peoples views on whether the $398 LCV upgrade offer is considered to be worthwhile.

We are currently in a Balcony Stateroom on Deck 7 so presumably any upgrade would be to a Club Continent Suite on Deck 8.

Those suites appear to suffer, to varying degrees, from noise from the deck above and soot.

The $398 upgrade from veranda to Club Continent is the best deal going. There is no soot issue with Club Continent suites (and, I'd add, we've had verandas on the stern where the soot issue is minimal--nothing to worry about).

We've spent many days in N2 Club Continent suites and the most noise we've ever heard is the occasional (once or maybe twice a day) rolling of a cart above in the Windows galley. We have 50 days booked in N2 Club Continent suites and have no concerns about either soot or noise. And we've applied for the LCV update to a Club Continent for every one of the seven cruises where we're booked in a veranda.

Edited by marinaro44

Absolutely is worth it! We just came off a cruise where we accepted the offer to an N1, Continental Club Suite, on Deck 8. The cabin was so worth it, along with the added amenities. We paid $199 each for a room 50% larger, as many specialty restaurant meals as we wanted, laundry, internet, phenomenal butler service, etc! I've enjoyed our balcony cabins in the past, but this was awesome!

The $398 upgrade from balcony to CC Suite is a great deal if there is availability because of the extra perks like unlimited specialty dining and free use of the T-Pool area and private terrace. I'd take it. From OV to balcony not so much. Occasionally if they are available and depending upon your position in the "queue" they may also offer you an upgrade from a balcony to one of the bigger suites for an additional amount which if you want the space is a bargain.

We've been offered such an upgrade and wouldn't hesitate to take it if we were offered again. I agree with Phil though that it's the balcony to suite upgrade which is worth it as the added benefits are really outstanding.

One thing we were wondering is when they come to offering upgrades the first in line are those with the highest status, however do they look at the points within that status so that the person with the most points in, say, Discoverer status gets the offer over those with less points within the same status.

Had the offer on our last cruise, from Oceanview to Verandah cabin. Still very good value as a balcony cabin would have cost us a lot more. Hoping to get an offer in October - this time we have booked a verandah cabin, so an upgrade to a suite would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've been offered such an upgrade and wouldn't hesitate to take it if we were offered again. I agree with Phil though that it's the balcony to suite upgrade which is worth it as the added benefits are really outstanding.

One thing we were wondering is when they come to offering upgrades the first in line are those with the highest status, however do they look at the points within that status so that the person with the most points in, say, Discoverer status gets the offer over those with less points within the same status.

Ann, this was mentioned last year and here is the official word. In the case of two people being in the same LCV status then number of points earned with Azamara is taken into consideration.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47342158&postcount=71

I think they do look at whether the points were gained from an Azamara cruise or "grandfathered in" from Celebrity or RCI. Those with more Azamara accrued points have preference over someone who may be given the Discoverer level with points accrued from the sister brands. That is what I was told anyway.

Also, sometimes the upgrade fairy just lands on you and it's a free upgrade! :D

Edited by Lottie A
Sorry Phil...posted at the same time!

I think they do look at whether the points were gained from an Azamara cruise or "grandfathered in" from Celebrity or RCI. Those with more Azamara accrued points have preference over someone who may be given the Discoverer level with points accrued from the sister brands. That is what I was told anyway.

Also, sometimes the upgrade fairy just lands on you and it's a free upgrade! :D

That makes sense, and is only fair I think :)

Totally worth it! We had a balcony and took advantage of the upgrade when we got the call. Beautiful room. Free dining at specialty restaurants (which we took advantage of). Butler service was a nice perk. We thought the price was well worth the extra space and perks.

Totally worth it! We had a balcony and took advantage of the upgrade when we got the call. Beautiful room. Free dining at specialty restaurants (which we took advantage of). Butler service was a nice perk. We thought the price was well worth the extra space and perks.

I had hoped, but have not had the call.

I looked at the German site that 'Scans the seas' today and the cruise is fully sold out, so no hope now.

Edited by upwarduk

I had hoped, but have not had the call.

I looked at the German site that 'Scans the seas' today and the cruise is fully sold out, so no hope now.

Just depends what the inventory is like. The TA you are doing has been popular and I wouldn't expect upgrades to happen. Neither of the two I'm doing this month have available upgrade cabins, but I'm very happy where I am.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know at what point the LCV upgrade is offered? For my Nov 21 trip on Quest, the E-docs just arrived. I looked at availability and it appears there are plenty of vacant balcony cabins. I'm booked in an outside . A Suite would be sweet, but I know I'm allowed one category upgrade :D

Just depends what the inventory is like. The TA you are doing has been popular and I wouldn't expect upgrades to happen. Neither of the two I'm doing this month have available upgrade cabins, but I'm very happy where I am.

I was talking to a fellow guest who had done 40+ cruises on Azamara and they were upgraded at the pier, to a stern cabin. She said she would have preffered to stay in the mid- ships that she had booked, as we were crossing the Atlantic.

On our last cruise ( Singapore to Hong Kong) we had booked Oceanview and got the LCV upgrade to a verandah. We got the call about 3 weeks before, I think ( the email I got when we registered says any offer would be between 2 & 4 weeks before). We're now just over 3 weeks before our next cruise (New Orleans to Miami) and are in a verandah stateroom, so really hoping for a CC upgrade. There are still about 16 CCs available, so we are crossing all fingers and toes!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app