Free select drinks package

I got the same reply as you clarky123 from crown and anchor and another one I sent to guest relations passing it over to UK guest relations to deal with.

Will wait to see the outcome.

I have in previous cruises paid $15 per day to upgrade so hope this works out for everyone.

OK I'm in sunny Spain enjoying our holiday. Result!!!! Yes yes yes

Royal have done themselves proud on this occasion.

I hope everyone get a satisfactory outcome to this.

If you posted negative comments on here. I started this post and have read everyone since my original post and I hope you see people power and just a bit of emailing and post on social media can work.

If you ever need our help we are there!!!

I know that our first jack and coke will taste even better knowing we can get it at the price first promised.

Happy cruising everyone and if youre on our cruise let's enjoy together........lifes far too short

Can I ask the person who got the response via Twitter confirming the upgrade will be $10 plus grats posts a link to the tweet please? I've not yet had a response to my email and would like to screenshot a public agreement to honour the $10 price if possible! Thanks!

Oh dear. I'm sorry. I don't know how to do that. It just said the same:

Hi xxxxxxxx. We're sorry about all the changes. You can now upgrade your Select Package to the Deluxe for only $10.00 per person, per day. Please call us at (800) 398-9819, option 3, for more info.

I have replied to my earlier email asking if the $10 rate is for everyone. I hope so:)

Please post the response if you can. I couldn't find any Facebook posts on this. I can do the email route if possible but hopefully unnecessarily at this point. Great job by all who pushed for the right response.

As I am in the same position i.e. free select package I would be grateful if someone can give me the email address that you mailed and got back the $10 + gratuity confirmation. I can then mail and hopefully get the same reply. Not that I don't trust Royal but have been in the position of being onboard and had arguments at guest services where they didn't believe what I was telling them Good job I had an email as proof.

Regards.

Paul

Edited by paul_a142

This has all been very helpful. We are in the same boat (no pun) and been told the same. I already emailed uk customer services and uk customer relations yesterday before I thought to check for a thread. I have now also emailed the Mbayley address also. Have not emailed a&c yet as thought that maybe overkill. Hope we get the same response and that RCCL are going to apply this to all in the same situation. Thanks for the hard work and sharing of others on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I am in the same position i.e. free select package I would be grateful if someone can give me the email address that you mailed and got back the $10 + gratuity confirmation. I can then mail and hopefully get the same reply. Not that I don't trust Royal but have been in the position of being onboard and had arguments at guest services where they didn't believe what I was telling them Good job I had an email as proof.

Regards.

Paul

I mailed customer relations , C&A, Mr Bayley and then posted on Facebook but got a virtually immediate response on Twitter

Edited by Grandma Gilly

I have sent a message back to the customer service team who had give out the original wrong information . I have suggested that they put somthing up on the web site or on facebook with the new correct information before Mike Bayleys team crack up. Hope the do this as it would save all the emailing

I got fed up of waiting for a reply to my emails, have just phoned Crown and Anchor, we sail on Harmony on Sunday, the select package was part of the promotion. Their agent confirmed that as of yesterday, all ships have been advised anyone wanting to upgrade the promotional select package to deluxe can do so at the reduced rate. However that rate can vary between $10 pp per day to $20 pp per day plus gratuities. She told me Harmony would be between $15 and $20 pp, different ships have different rates and the rate can change for different sailings!

I got fed up of waiting for a reply to my emails, have just phoned Crown and Anchor, we sail on Harmony on Sunday, the select package was part of the promotion. Their agent confirmed that as of yesterday, all ships have been advised anyone wanting to upgrade the promotional select package to deluxe can do so at the reduced rate. However that rate can vary between $10 pp per day to $20 pp per day plus gratuities. She told me Harmony would be between $15 and $20 pp, different ships have different rates and the rate can change for different sailings!

That's odd because my reply specifically says $10. I did not say which ship or date I was travelling.

Wll im taking my email with me when I board thats for sure :)

So will I . I dealt with Mike Bayley before on my last cruise and was meant to get OBC from him when I boarded- However, wasn't on account even the email I had with didn't help as customer services on ship where shocking (as you'd see if you read the link I put on earlier)- But in Mke Bayleys deference he refunded the money to my account immediately when I contacted him on my return, he also looked at what had hapened on the ship and gave us Future cruise certificates - This was me giving RCL a 2nd chance lol- I can envisage a similar situation this time

Just got my response and am not happy!

Thank you for your email regarding our new Drinks Package.

For your reference, we have made this change due to guest's feedback.

Therefore it is not our intention for your to feel that you have been

penalized or affect your holiday by having you pay for a higher amount

upgrade price. This decision has been reviewed carefully and the prices

have been set accordingly.

Therefore you will still be able to upgrade your package onboard. At the

moment and in accordance to the prices, we estimate that the upgrade fees

would be in between $15.00 - $20.00 per day. Kindly note: This price may

still vary upon sailing.

I have read and acknowledged your feedback as it will be noted for our

improvement; however we do not know if these kind of changes will continue

to change moving forward.

I hope this information is helpful and thank you for your understanding and

patience in this matter.

Yours Sincerely,

Jaquelinne Ivette Villagran Magana

Crown & Anchor Society | UK & Ireland

Royal Caribbean International |0844 493 4005

Anyone know which Twitter RCCL have responded on as I have searched and can't find a reference to it. Thanks.

still vary upon sailing.

patience in this matter.

Yours Sincerely,

Anyone know which Twitter RCCL have responded on as I have searched and can't find a reference to it. Thanks.

thats what I got from crown and anchor yesterday- I will now forward the message I got from M.bayley to them and ask for response -I will post back if I get one. I have also joined twitter and and asked them to post the new prices on there.

Our plan was to connect with a great server/bartender and do the upgrade with them since they get some credit. I hope the message gets to their level versus having to go back to guest services to fix it. Hopefully folks sailing this week can post results of this change and if easy peasy to upgrade without any problems.

Any one else sailing the Rhapsody soon? We can unite if any issues on board and celebrate if all goes smooth or issue resolved! 😀

Excited that things look promising!

still vary upon sailing.

patience in this matter.

Yours Sincerely,

can you give me the email of Jacqueline Ivettt Villagran Mangana and I will forward her the email from m. bailey

still vary upon sailing.

patience in this matter.

Yours Sincerely,

Had the same standard reply too. Try Tweeting. Sorry I don't know why imine doesn't show up on their tweets

Hi Fragilek, any chance you could scan/print and post or post a photo of the email so I could take a copy on board ship and forward it to RCI in my emails. As I will be over the moon with the $10 pppn upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will do but I don't have either scanner or printer so I am waiting for my daughter to print it of and bring it over hopefully today as she is away for long weekend from tonight