Free select drinks package

You must have missed my earlier post - It is sorted now I have been told $10 + tip. per day - same as it was on the jewel before the change- I also got the impression that that price may be fleet wide - but I may have misinterpreted that part

:D

yayyyyyyy

Sorry, was was working my way from front to back, and didn't see this latest fab update until now. I do hopes fleet wide :)

We have 3 cruises booked with the all inclusive deal.

:)

I just got an email from the exec offices as well saying $10 per day plus 18% gratuity. I'm very glad that Royal is doing the right thing.

Will this be for everyone or do we all have to email Royal ourselves? Would be great if this is true!

1) If that's true, and there was NO disclaimer that said prices vary or are subject to change, then you're correct, they made an offer and have to honor it to those who made a purchase of that deal before it was taken down. But since nobody seems to be able to come up with a screenshot of that page, or anything written that shows that price was offered across the board, I'm doubtful.

2) The answer you got in your email makes it obvious that the pricing was not definite. They gave you a price range because the prices for the package vary based on ship, which further supports my assumption that there was likely a fine print disclaimer on the webpage. Without a definite answer for your ship and your sailing, you can't hold them to that price (although I wouldn't blame you for making a few phone calls to try).

3) The laws in the US are the same, a bait and switch is defined as "the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods." If you can prove they did this, you'd be entitled to more than a $15 upgrade for your drinks package, but again, I highly doubt that was what was truly advertised (again, fine print).

4) Verbal contracts are certainly legally enforceable...if you can prove it was actually said. If the guaranteed upgrade PRICE (not just the option) was included with the deal, I would most definitely expect it to be written in the fine print of your invoice, just like the terms of your OBC are.

If you can find someone who is willing to make this right for you, great, but legally nobody owes it to you, unless someone can prove the website offered it as part of the terms of the agreement, in which case you'd have a class action lawsuit on your hands and would be entitled to 3 times the money you are out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I already have found someone to sort out this mess - I forward the email that I had received stating that I could upgrade on board for $10-15 and I also asked them to explain why they thought it was OK to sell the package with the upgrade to premium info on the 5th sept when they knew that it was no longer possible to upgrade to premium. Along with the other that sent info to that team they took it on board

That person/team has now come up with a different price for the free select packages and in a call from them they agree that it should have been that way from the start.

How are they going to know on board who got a free select package though and who pre-purchased it

They must know, because a pre-purchased drink package can be cancelled for a refund, whereas a "free" drink package cannot be cancelled for a refund.

How are they going to know on board who got a free select package though and who pre-purchased it

the invoice says 'all inclusive', so that would tell them :)

as below:

Cruise Fare

AllInc & BOGOHO

On Board Service Charge YGH2-SELECT BEV

YGJ2-BEV SAVINGS

Edited by Jeannie333333

I already have found someone to sort out this mess - I forward the email that I had received stating that I could upgrade on board for $10-15 and I also asked them to explain why they thought it was OK to sell the package with the upgrade to premium info on the 5th sept when they knew that it was no longer possible to upgrade to premium. Along with the other that sent info to that team they took it on board

That person/team has now come up with a different price for the free select packages and in a call from them they agree that it should have been that way from the start.

Don't feed the troll! :D

the email arrived

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I appreciated the opportunity to discuss and respond to the concerns you brought to our attention.

As I advised over the phone, we will be honoring your Select Beverage Package onboard if it is included in your current promotion. Furthermore, you will also have the option of upgrading to our new Deluxe Beverage Package at a special rate of $10.00 per person, per day plus 18% gratuities.

:D:D

That's good. If they honor that for you it will have been worth your time to make the phone calls. It's always worth a try to see if you can get someone to sympathize and make it right for you. Since you had some written proof of an offer, it likely helped your case. It'll be up to Royal now to decide if they'll do this on a case by case basis or if they'll make an official offer to every UK customer who has the select package. From what I've seen and read, they don't owe it to anyone, but as a customer service offering its always worth a try to call and make a case on your own behalf. I stand by my previous comments regarding their legal liability to have to do so though.

the email arrived

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I appreciated the opportunity to discuss and respond to the concerns you brought to our attention.

As I advised over the phone, we will be honoring your Select Beverage Package onboard if it is included in your current promotion. Furthermore, you will also have the option of upgrading to our new Deluxe Beverage Package at a special rate of $10.00 per person, per day plus 18% gratuities.

Oh, that might just be for you then :(

the email arrived

Excellent outcome!

You did everyone a great service by pursuing this so diligently.:)

the email arrived

Another happy bunny as I received the same answer on Twitter.

Thank you RCCL for listening.

I didn't really like the tone on this thread from some folk who either weren't affected or didn't quite understand what was going on.

I didn't really like the tone on this thread from some folk who either weren't affected or didn't quite understand what was going on.

Me either. I think it was the right thing to do and I respect Royal for it. Eventually everyone with those packages will cruise and they'll no longer have to deal with it. Back to being excited about the cruise and now knowing I can have fresh squeezed juice and coffees too, better than what I was going to get with the Premium!

Don't feed the troll! :D

[emoji849] Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a troll. I guess once someone starts making debatable points that you can't counter with a stronger argument it's better to claim "troll" and opt out instead of admitting the other person might have some good points.

Like I said, if people get Royal to honor the lower price, good for you, my points were that I didn't see anyone with proof they were owed it. You got a beverage package, you still have a beverage package, the option to upgrade still exists, and nobody is forcing you to upgrade. If they let you do it for $10, great deal for you, especially since it's lower than the $15 the website supposedly offered.

I got it too Jeannie, I don't think so. They can't just pick and choose who will get the option to upgrade. That would be a disaster for the staff.

I do hope you are right. I did email yesterday raising our concerns but haven't received any acknowledgement :(

My personal experience has been that if enough people are effected and it fundamentally is not the right thing to do, they do usually try and put it right.

We were on the first sailing of Harmony, which didn't go 'quite' as expected and they ended up giving everyone a 50% cruise credit back. We thought that was fair and the right thing to do, and changed a bad taste into quite an acceptable taste :).

When I have raised concerns in the past, they have always been fair and put things right. I am glad they appear to have done the right thing here.

phew.....just will await my response and hope its for everyone

Just looked on my cruise planner for our Freedom cruise next April. The deluxe drinks package at the moment is £36 per day, cheaper than what the premium package was. Obviously that is with 20% off, if those prices hold it will work out cheaper to upgrade than it was before the package change

Just looked on my cruise planner for our Freedom cruise next April. The deluxe drinks package at the moment is £36 per day, cheaper than what the premium package was. Obviously that is with 20% off, if those prices hold it will work out cheaper to upgrade than it was before the package change

The on board price will not include any discounts. But the problem has been sorted now as upgrade price set at $10 +tips (Quite a few of us have emails stating this we have asked for clarification that this price is for all uk free select upgrades regardless of ship and date)

Can I ask the person who got the response via Twitter confirming the upgrade will be $10 plus grats posts a link to the tweet please? I've not yet had a response to my email and would like to screenshot a public agreement to honour the $10 price if possible! Thanks!