Free select drinks package

Hi Bobble,

don't worry, I emailed and it took some time to get back to me but they now seem to have a 'standard' response. So yours will come but they have had so many 'complaints' that they are dealing with them in turn.

mine said:

We are very excited to announce our enhanced beverage packages. Our new offerings have been simplified into three packages: Deluxe Beverage Package, the Refreshment Package, and the Classic Soda Package. These packages were launched onboard as of September 6, 2016.

We will be grandfathering in our guests that have already purchased the Select Package, or that have the package included in their cruise. Please review the points below:

- Guests with a Select Package will have the opportunity to upgrade onboard to the Deluxe Package at the special rate of $10 per person per day plus 18% gratuities

- Guests with the Premium and Ultimate Packages will be automatically upgraded to the new Deluxe Package at no extra cost

- The Replenish Package is being replaced by the Refreshment Package, and our Evian Water Package remains unchanged

Hope that helps :)

Thanks ,

Sailing next week , so I'm just trying to get stuff sorted.This is one extra hassle I could do without .

If you read post 96 from RCI this is confirmation what they will charge for an upgrade.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2398315&page=5

Robin

Thanks Robin,

Wish RC would put out a formal statement regarding this issue.

Just got an email from Customer services stating $15-$20 to upgrade and Tweet from @royalcaribbean stating $10 :)

Complete madness!

I have asked @royalcaribbean to confirm by email.

Thanks Robin,

Wish RC would put out a formal statement regarding this issue.

Just got an email from Customer services stating $15-$20 to upgrade and Tweet from @royalcaribbean stating $10 :)

Complete madness!

I have asked @royalcaribbean to confirm by email.

Are you corresponding with UK or US customer services

I have an Email from RCI USA confirming the statement they have made from the official RCI Cruise Critic account.

If it's anything different from the $10 upgrade I think there will be riots on board.

Robin

September 8th, 2016, 01:10 PM

Miami, FL *verified

Default Enhanced Beverage Packages

Hi there.

It seems that there’s been some chatter about our enhanced Beverage Packages. Here are the highlights:

Our new offerings have been simplified into the Deluxe Beverage Package, the Refreshment Package, and the Classic Soda Package. These packages were launched onboard as of September 06, 2016. Please use the link below for more info on what each packages includes.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...dining_options

We’ll be grandfathering in our guests that have already purchased the Select Package, or that have the package included in their cruise. Please review the points below:

- Guests with a Select Package will have the opportunity to upgrade onboard to the Deluxe Package at the special rate of $10pp per day, plus 18% gratuities

- Guests with the Premium and Ultimate Packages will be automatically upgraded to the new Deluxe Package at no extra cost

- Replenish Package is being replaced by the Refreshment Package and our Evian Water Package remains unchanged

We hope this answers many of the questions out there.

:mad:

Wow, just had Mr Rude on the phone from UK Customer services .. who told me it was $15 to $20 per day plus grass to upgrade. Final figure would be decided on the sailing.!!

I read him the email from Mike Bayleys Exec Office & he said they were wrong and he was right!

I starting getting a little annoyed and pointed out it you be good if there was a consistent message, and he interrupted me (did that loads) and said it was consistent at $15 to $20 plus grats!!

Such a rude person.

Anyway I thanked him for the call and suggested he liaise with the US customer services, and he sarcastically thanked me for my feedback - said have a nice day and hung up!!

Needless to say I have emailed the nice chappie in Mike B's office and told him of the call and asked him to contact the UK office so there could be a consistent message.

It just should not be this complicated...as far as I am concerned, its sorted and I will keep my $10 plus grats email!!

Jean

:)

Edited by Jeannie333333

Captain Rob, I asked via Twitter for an email response, they did send me one out as others have posted exact wording $10 + 18%. If it isn't honoured I will padlock myself to the customer services desk until it is.

But have that padlock key handy; info sometimes takes a while to filter down to the ship.

Are you corresponding with UK or US customer services

I have an Email from RCI USA confirming the statement they have made from the official RCI Cruise Critic account.

If it's anything different from the $10 upgrade I think there will be riots on board.

Robin

Exactly. As far as I am concerned the question has been asked and answered and I don't need a personal e.mail telling me that my Select package can be upgraded for $10 plus gratuity. There is enough public evidence via Twitter to confirm this.

Screenshots will suffice for me :).

Wow, just had Mr Rude on the phone from UK Customer services .. who told me it was $15 to $20 per day plus grass to upgrade. Final figure would be decided on the sailing.!!

I read him the email from Mike Bayleys Exec Office & he said they were wrong and he was right!

I starting getting a little annoyed and pointed out it you be good if there was a consistent message, and he interrupted me (did that loads) and said it was consistent at $15 to $20 plus grats!!

Such a rude person.

Anyway I thanked him for the call and suggested he liaise with the US customer services, and he sarcastically thanked me for my feedback - said have a nice day and hung up!!

Needless to say I have emailed the nice chappie in Mike B's office and told him of the call and asked him to contact the UK office so there could be a consistent message.

It just should not be this complicated...as far as I am concerned, its sorted and I will keep my $10 plus grats email!!

Jean

I await you posting their reply. They don't know their a*?e from their elbow.

Robin

Such a rude person.

Jean

Hi Jean

Just had a email from UK customer services and they quote $10 - $15 to upgrade. It's taken them 3 weeks to reply. I will stick with the US version at $10.

I will find out whose right on Sunday.

Robin

I've just had an email saying that the upgrade from Select to the new package will be 10$ plus 18% grats, plus VAT if applicable. This was totally unsolicited, I haven't been in touch with RCI about this at all, so I imagine that this is a standard email being sent out.

I see your cruise is very soon.:)

I will hazard a guess that RCI may have decided to send out e.mails to all guests who have packages in chronological order of sailing .Not everyone is on CC or other internet forums for cruisers.

It will be a nice surprise for sure .:)

Edited by heatherb1958

Hi Jean

Just had a email from UK customer services and they quote $10 - $15 to upgrade. It's taken them 3 weeks to reply. I will stick with the US version at $10.

I will find out whose right on Sunday.

Robin

UK CS are just making it up as they go along!! Like you, I prefer the US CS :)

So bad they can't get their act together tho....

good luck on Sunday, please let us know the result and have a fab cruise

Jean

I've just had an email saying that the upgrade from Select to the new package will be 10$ plus 18% grats, plus VAT if applicable. This was totally unsolicited, I haven't been in touch with RCI about this at all, so I imagine that this is a standard email being sent out.

Are you UK or US Annabelle? I suspect you are US, and it only seems to be the UK CS quoting higher rates.

Nice they are proactively sending clarification out in advance though :)

I had requested (slightly more pleasant description than how I actually addressed them, that they do this after they sent me the wrong info and I forwarded them my mbayley email and I also cc in mbayley-

From me to customer services

Why did you send this email with the wrong information in it. It

was really upsetting to think that when we booked we had been lied

to. I then contacted Mike Bayleys team and was told on the phone

that yes a few rumors had started because of the change that implied

the we would have to pay more I now have it on good authority that

we can upgrade for $10 +18% (which is the same as the jewel was

charging last week). I also was led to believe that this upgrade

price will be implemented across the board for those of us that have

the free select package.

There are still lots of passengers asking the same questions on social

media and forums all of whom now feel the need to contact Mike Bayley

so that they have something in writing for boarding the ship as they

too have been given rumor info from youselfs, the uk exec and C&A (all

of which gave different values). May I suggest you put a post on

facebook or on the rccl web to give the correct info before Mike

Baylays team crack up.

Usually I would expect rumors to be started on social media. In this

case they have been started by yourselfs are in fact sorted out by

social media. It appears that once again (my last rccl cruise was a

fiasco - this was your last chance with me) that your right and left

hand so not know what they are doing!!

They responded this morning with :-

Thank you for contacting us regarding the beverage packages.

I kindly advise that we will be sending a communication to all our guests

and travel partners, as the upgrade from the Select to the Deluxe package

will now cost 10$ per person per day plus taxes and gratuities applicable.

You will be receiving this information with further details shortly.

We truly apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your

feedback. Should you have further questions please let me know. It is

always a pleasure to assist.

but I sort of feel that they should have worked this out themselves ;)

Edited by fragilek

I had requested (slightly more pleasant description than how I actually addressed them, that they do this after they sent me the wrong info and I forwarded them my mbayley email and I also cc in mbayley- They responded this morning with :-

Thank you for contacting us regarding the beverage packages.

I kindly advise that we will be sending a communication to all our guests

and travel partners, as the upgrade from the Select to the Deluxe package

will now cost 10$ per person per day plus taxes and gratuities applicable.

You will be receiving this information with further details shortly.

We truly apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your

feedback. Should you have further questions please let me know. It is

always a pleasure to assist.

but I sort of feel that they should have worked this out themselves ;)

nice!! they are so silly, and the guy I spoke to in the 'UK' CS was quite abrupt and rude....

No doubt the $10 plus grats is right - but why can't they get it correct consistently, bless. And why be so blinking rude when i read out the emil from Exec Support & say they are wrong!

Thanks for the update

Jean :)