Free select drinks package

I have had an email back from customer services stating we must now pay the new prices and the cost will be $25-$30 per day. I have since complained to both customer services. now waiting to hear back from Mike Bayley and crown and anchor

Not good news.I just posted on RCCL Facebook page too

I have had an email back from customer services stating we must now pay the new prices and the cost will be $25-$30 per day. I have since complained to both customer services. now waiting to hear back from Mike Bayley and crown and anchor

I emailed this morning, as I too was looking to upgrade my select package on board.By my calculations its going to cost me an extra £300 to upgrade mine and my wifes packages .Only a week before departure.:mad:

Will let you know what response, if any, I get.

Shocking, absolutely shocking, Im not going to let that lie with them...

But ill wait and see what they say to me......

Out of curiousness, I tried putting the deluxe package in my basket for my cruise and it says £585.00. Bearing in mind my invoice lists the select package as £385.00. So absolute tops we should pay is £200.00 in my mind.....$25-$30 per day would be nearer £300.00 ...EACH !

Meaning it would be cheaper for us to cancel our cruise lose the £300 deposit and rebook with the now all included Delux package....

They are going to be sick of the sound of me long before my cruise date....

Shocking, absolutely shocking, Im not going to let that lie with them...

But ill wait and see what they say to me......

Out of curiousness, I tried putting the deluxe package in my basket for my cruise and it says £585.00. Bearing in mind my invoice lists the select package as £385.00. So absolute tops we should pay is £200.00 in my mind.....$25-$30 per day would be nearer £300.00 ...EACH !

Meaning it would be cheaper for us to cancel our cruise lose the £300 deposit and rebook with the now all included Delux package....

They are going to be sick of the sound of me long before my cruise date....

the reason it is cheaper is that the web has 20% off that is usually not available on board so price on board would be the regular flyer price $64 including tips

I have added mike bayleys email in the rccl facebook page re this issue - If nothing else he is going to be cheesed off about this packaged charge as well as us ;)

Maybe someone with twitter could do the same

Not convinced it will help much

Edited by fragilek

the reason it is cheaper is that the web has 20% off that is usually not available on board so price on board would be the regular flyer price $64 including tips

Oh yes I understand that, but then why dont they just let us book before we board...By booking early we have been ripped off....again...

Already frustrated that they cant look at the drink packages and notice that the adults were £385.00 , children were £200, and just go , oh you know what, we are saving £185 per child on the drinks deal for this group, so lets be nice and upgrade the adults for free...as its pretty much all sqaure then.

Oh silly me, that means they cant sting us again !!

Im just going to turn into a beer monster for the cruise now, and drink my weight in beer :-p

ps I am a nice beer monster :)

I'm thinking I won't just finish my wine if it's no longer cold as I normally would - It will be a new glass of wine just about every time I get half way through. I also won't put up with any that are not to my taste - dump and re-order. DH will be doing the same with his beer - off ice cold - its a new one. I am also going to try invent wine and sparkly cocktails - if they are not pleasant dump them.

On our last pack for a week we had 2-3 wines a day and 1- 2 cocktails / beers - Don't think that will be the case this time:D

Edited by fragilek

To be honest Im perfectly happy with my select package, Im quite happy supping a few beers, but my other half quite likes a vodka or two in the evening.. She prefers that to a glass of wine, and to be honest she doesnt even drink much, so the total cost to Royal would probably be one bottle of vodka for 14 nights.....cost to us £300 to upgrade....... ouch thats an expensive bottle of voka :eek:

It's gonna be chaos on board with all the people who planned to upgrade select to premium and have no idea. I really feel bad for the people working on the ship. If not for Cruise Critic, I would have no idea the change has been made and we leave in less than three weeks.

The biggest issue I have with the whole thing is that I tried to upgrade in advance and they won't let you. Had I been able to, I'd be fine now.

this is my second cruise with RCL and the first both booking and issues on the ship were a nightmare. We only booked again because we got future credit certificates and at first we weren't going to use them but decided the cruise could not have problems again that would mean me trying to get help from customer services:- whats the chances :rolleyes:

To see how bad the last one was and have a laugh (even I am laughing now)its like a comedy show.

pre cuise issues were Names were wrong and deposit had not been transfered

after 2hrs on expensive phone line to sort names I logged back I found the invoice is also now wrong (and although she could see it was different to the one sent to me another 1hr call but she could not fix it today) and they have LOST my bought OBC (£300) many more calls to fix it all

then on the cruise this happened:-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2240640

I think I am cursed when it comes to rcl

Edited by fragilek

Guys,

we are off on Saturday for a B2B on Freedom and we have the "free" Select package and we had intended to upgrade. Mainly the wife likes the frozen cocktails.

I will post what their "cost" is to Upgrade us when I claim my free wifi day. I have a feeling it will be expensive so we probably wont bother and will stick to Beer / Spirits.

Anyone thinking that RCI actually care for their views is naive, this is like every other RCI change, a business driven money focused attempt to extract more out of all Cruisers.

What about if you bought the premium package already? How are they going to keep track of the old premium or the new package that offers more then what the premium did.

Thanks

You get automatic upgrade. I spoke with them last night.

Guests that purchased one of the older drink packages will still have their purchases honored, with the following adjustments:

Select package will be honored as is until depleted.

Premium packages will be upgraded to a Deluxe package at no additional charge.

Ultimate Packages will convert to the deluxe package.

Replenish packages will convert to the new refreshment package.

RCCL may be looking at it very differently than the hundreds if not thousands of Standard package holders who had the chance to upgrade at a reduced price and now are unhappy that they can't go from Standard to Deluxe with a smaller upgrade charge.

So there were 3 drink packages

A- Standard

B- Premium

C- Ultimate

RCCL decided to change the prepaid drink packages and made the following changes as of September 06/2016.

Basically there will be only one alcohol beverage package the D- Deluxe.

Any remaining Standard will receive what the original package provided.

Any Premium will be automatically upgraded to Deluxe.

The Ultimate Package is now the Deluxe as well.

Upgrade price from the Standard package is now (as of 9/06/2016) based on the new rates for Deluxe since the Ultimate or Premium is no longer available.

The Standard package could have been purchased as well as upgraded to either the Premium or the Ultimate at any point prior to 9/6/2016 taking advantage of several sales offered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say there are 3 types of staterooms on a cruise (Ocean View and Inside being the least expensive)

A- Ocean View/Inside

B- Veranda

C- Suite

RCCL decided to offer a special deal for Veranda cabin passengers

Basically there will only be one type of stateroom with a veranda the D-Deluxe stateroom, which offers all the same benefits as the C- Suite category provided and now includes all B and C passengers at no additional cost.

Passengers who for any reason had purchased or were booked into an A- Ocean view/Inside cabin had the opportunity to book into a B- Veranda or C- Suite at any point prior to 9/06/2016 for the difference in package costs at that time.

Upgrades to the new D- Deluxe stateroom by those booked in an A- Ocean View/Inside will be calculated from the difference in the original A price and the new D price on any upgrades after 9/06/2016

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were sales on beverage packages for quite a long time prior to this change and those with the Standard could have upgraded to either Premium or Ultimate at a sale price or just remained happy with what they got.

Just like in special cabin sales if one kind is offered as an automatic upgrade (sales like: Free upgrade from one category to another are not that rare) if the deal is for NEW bookings only and you are within the deadline date, you have to settle on what you booked in the first place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If everyone who got the STANDARD package wanted to upgrade ?? they could have at any point up to 9/06/2016 at were sale prices for either the Premium or Ultimate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I purchased the Premium package when it went on sale and was lucky to see it bumped up a bit, even though I would have been satisfied with what I paid for. Book and pay for what you want, take advantage of sales and accept the fact that sometimes what you bought is often on sale a month later.

Just another way at looking at it, no matter how wrong it may be.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

RCCL may be looking at it very differently than the hundreds if not thousands of Standard package holders who had the chance to upgrade at a reduced price and now are unhappy that they can't go from Standard to Deluxe with a smaller upgrade charge.

A- Standard

B- Premium

C- Ultimate

RCCL decided to change the prepaid drink packages and made the following changes as of September 06/2016.

Upgrade price from the Standard package is now (as of 9/06/2016) based on the new rates for Deluxe since the Ultimate or Premium is no longer available.

The Standard package could have been purchased as well as upgraded to either the Premium or the Ultimate at any point prior to 9/6/2016 taking advantage of several sales offered.

Say there are 3 types of staterooms on a cruise (Ocean View and Inside being the least expensive)

A- Ocean View/Inside

B- Veranda

C- Suite

Basically there will only be one type of stateroom with a veranda the D-Deluxe stateroom, which offers all the same benefits as the C- Suite category provided and now includes all B and C passengers at no additional cost.

Passengers who for any reason had purchased or were booked into an A- Ocean view/Inside cabin had the opportunity to book into a B- Veranda or C- Suite at any point prior to 9/06/2016 for the difference in package costs at that time.

Upgrades to the new D- Deluxe stateroom by those booked in an A- Ocean View/Inside will be calculated from the difference in the original A price and the new D price on any upgrades after 9/06/2016

There were sales on beverage packages for quite a long time prior to this change and those with the Standard could have upgraded to either Premium or Ultimate at a sale price or just remained happy with what they got.

Just like in special cabin sales if one kind is offered as an automatic upgrade (sales like: Free upgrade from one category to another are not that rare) if the deal is for NEW bookings only and you are within the deadline date, you have to settle on what you booked in the first place.

If everyone who got the STANDARD package wanted to upgrade ?? they could have at any point up to 9/06/2016 at were sale prices for either the Premium or Ultimate.

I purchased the Premium package when it went on sale and was lucky to see it bumped up a bit, even though I would have been satisfied with what I paid for. Book and pay for what you want, take advantage of sales and accept the fact that sometimes what you bought is often on sale a month later.

bosco

You have not read this thread properly - your thinking only applies to those passengers that BOUGHT the select package and CHOSE not to upgrade it. The posters on here have the 'FREE' select package and can not upgrade until on the ship. -

These are mainly EU passengers all of whom at booking (on first page of RCCL website and was still there on the 5th sept:eek:) were told that although the free select did not include sprits or cocktails that they could upgrade on board for $10-$!5 . This is not a complaint about RCCL changing there packages - they have the right to do whatever they want- but its about us being miss sold our package and as a result having to pay double what we were told.

Think you are missing the point completely..

We would all have happily upgraded at the upfront on the day cost....

They wouldnt let us....and now its doubled..

The pointis we were told at booking what we could do and what it would cost, and now that option isnt there.

We dont want something for nothing, we want to simply be able to uppgrade as we were told we would be able to when we booked.

So to re-iterate......they wouldnt let us upgrade !!! Wasnt a matter of choice at all !!!

A- Standard

B- Premium

C- Ultimate

A- Ocean View/Inside

B- Veranda

C- Suite

bosco

If I could have upgraded to premium from select prior to my sailing I would have done.

All I want is for them to honour what they said when I booked which was upgrade to premium for between 10-15 dollars depending on what ship youre on.

They have told many people this so should let us all upgrade accordingly.

I think there's a lot of uproar about this coming from people who got a FREE drinks package and were offered the chance to upgrade as a courtesy.

I was told I could buy the non-alcohol drink package for my daughter "any day now," two months ago, but guess what, I still can't buy it because it's still not available in my cruise planner. And now the price is going up, and the 20% discount might be gone. Does it kind of suck to miss a sale, yeah, but I'm not starting any petitions over it and saying "it's not fair." Sheesh you guys, you can still upgrade your FREE package if you want to, you'll just be in the same situation everyone else is, having to deal with the new packages and prices. I don't understand why you guys think you're entitled to something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Just had this from UK crown and anchor

Thank you for your email. I hope this day finds you well. I would like to advise you that as of Tuesday 6th September, our drinks plan has changed. Indeed we used to have three alcoholic packages (select, premium and ultimate) merged into one called the Deluxe. We are honoring guests who had Select drinks packages or Premium drinks packages without changing them. Unfortunately, the balance to upgrade has changed, since we now have Deluxe package only. Pricing is always subject to change without prior notice as per our Terms and Conditions. You will not be able to upgrade on board to a Premium package since we do not have it anymore. So, to upgrade on board, you are looking on or about 25-30 USD range (always subject to change). I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, it is really not up to me to establish these rulings. The upgrades are able to be done on board only.. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us. Best Regards Yours Sincerely, Ari Cesar Carlo Martini Acevedo Crown & Anchor Society

If I could have upgraded to premium from select prior to my sailing I would have done.

All I want is for them to honour what they said when I booked which was upgrade to premium for between 10-15 dollars depending on what ship youre on.

They have told many people this so should let us all upgrade accordingly.

He wasn't wrong when he quoted you prices because that's what was available at the time. Now it's different, why is it that you guys are in an uproar about this? How about just keeping the free beer and wine and quit complaining about not getting an old price for something?

Sure, if you could have upgraded before you sail you would have, just like lots of people "would" buy the drinks package with OBC before getting on the ship if they were allowed to, but that's not the option you were given. It's not like they took away the ability to upgrade at all, you can still do that.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Just had this from UK crown and anchor

Thank you for your email. I hope this day finds you well. I would like to advise you that as of Tuesday 6th September, our drinks plan has changed. Indeed we used to have three alcoholic packages (select, premium and ultimate) merged into one called the Deluxe. We are honoring guests who had Select drinks packages or Premium drinks packages without changing them. Unfortunately, the balance to upgrade has changed, since we now have Deluxe package only. Pricing is always subject to change without prior notice as per our Terms and Conditions. You will not be able to upgrade on board to a Premium package since we do not have it anymore. So, to upgrade on board, you are looking on or about 25-30 USD range (always subject to change). I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, it is really not up to me to establish these rulings. The upgrades are able to be done on board only.. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us. Best Regards Yours Sincerely, Ari Cesar Carlo Martini Acevedo Crown & Anchor Society

Makes complete sense to me.

He wasn't wrong when he quoted you prices because that's what was available at the time. Now it's different, why is it that you guys are in an uproar about this? How about just keeping the free beer and wine and quit complaining about not getting an old price for something?

Sure, if you could have upgraded before you sail you would have, just like lots of people "would" buy the drinks package with OBC before getting on the ship if they were allowed to, but that's not the option you were given. It's not like they took away the ability to upgrade at all, you can still do that.

1. the package is not free -the prices go up to reflect the free package- the new offer of free deluxe put the cruise I had been looking at up $900 for 2

2 If you had been promised OBC when you booked and you didn't get it because of a policy change would you be happy?

3. This is about what we were sold both by phone reps and what it said on there web page and still after the info about deluxe had been released on here- So it is about false advertising and selling