Reservation Cancelled E-Mail

jelayne

Ok, are we going or will we be left in Rome? What do you think? Suggestions?

We have been booked on a TA for almost 30 months, same cabin. Made Select dining reservations for 1st & 2nd night. All is good,made final payment, did check-in, ordered luggage. Tonight I saw AQ had dropped to what we consider reasonable so called TA. They were busy so on hold for 20 minutes, get connected to agent and when they call X price was no longer what was on the website 1 hr ago.

Ok so a bit disappointed but we will stick with our 1A. Just before dinner I check my email & have a email from X that basically says that since we have cancelled our cruise they are cancelling our dinner reservations:eek:. We didn't cancel.

On one phone I am calling the TA on on DHs phone I am calling the Capt's Club.

Captains Club is closed, get TA who checks with Celebrity and they say booking is in tact, no idea why we got a email saying cruise was cancelled.

This is our 34th cruise, we have done lots of last minute changes or price checks but have never received a email cancelling our cruise by mistake. Don't think I will sleep well until we are in our cabin-assuming we have one!

On line still showing Booked. Email indicated refunds would appear on the credit card within two billing cycles. Guess I will be checking our status every day for the next few weeks and checking to make sure our cabin does show up as available.

We had an email last year telling us our cruise was going to be cancelled because we had $0 outstanding. We contacted Celebrity who couldn't explain but told us not to worry....week after another mail saying that as we still owed $0 our cruise would be cancelled. Bizarre as we paid in £.....

Celebrity were very nice and very reassuring when we contacted again. They did understand how unnerving it is when some sort of 'glitch' threatens your booking. My concern was if an IT glitch can threaten a cruise could it actually cancel it? We were reassured that this could not happen. We did insist on talking to a manager and getting an email confirming our booking was in no danger of being cancelled and that our balance was paid in full. Even after receiving the email I kept checking on line that our suite did not come back up for sale and kept checking the balance on our cruise...

So keep checking your balance, check for more emails and ask Celebrity for an email to confirm your booking is in order if you still feel uncomfortable.

Hope you have a great cruise!

I just checked our reservation and we are still showing as booked. The on-line check in which we had completed & printed Xpress pass is showing no information & some reservations have disappeared:mad:

Have you been able to speak to anyone; TA, CC?

I don't understand; your express pass is printed & has no information? :confused:

What other reservations?:confused:

Edited by richsea

Have you been able to speak to anyone; TA, CC?

yes, both TA & X say reservation isn't Cancelled.

At first they said it must have been a misdirected email. Except it had our names, correct reservation number, ship & sailing date.

I don't understand; your express pass is printed & has no information? :confused:

I completed online checkin & printed Xpress pass 2 weeks ago. Now the website is showing on-line check-in not complete & info there 2 weeks ago is gone.

What other reservations?:confused:

dinner reservations.

I have now redone on-line check-in and printed a new X pass which is dated today-I day after they said I cancelled the cruise.

I guess I'll just keep checking yo make sure that reservation doesn't disappear.

dinner reservations.

I have now redone on-line check-in and printed a new X pass which is dated today-I day after they said I cancelled the cruise.

I guess I'll just keep checking yo make sure that reservation doesn't disappear.

I understand now. Thank goodness all is well. Celebrity IT at its best!

Enjoy your cruise!

dinner reservations.

Maybe you should have a printed copy of your dated "cancellation" email, and extra copy of X pass.

The current X pass date indicates it superseded and invalidates the email with an earlier date.

Maybe you should have a printed copy of your dated "cancellation" email, and extra copy of X pass.

The current X pass date indicates it superseded and invalidates the email with an earlier date.

I have a dated & printed copy of the email and I have it saved on my IPad and as you said the new Xpress pass has a date on it. So hopefully all is well.