preparing for Oasis of the Seas

The electronic maps on the walls are great. You can tell it where you want to go or where you want to be, and it will give you directions.

We've been on Oasis and Allure. Have to say we've been "lost" a couple of times. But we get where we're going. Lost is just another term for exploring and seeing new things.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Know where the big things are, like the pool deck, WJ, your dining room, Promenade, CP. Wing it from there, it'll be fun. And it really isn't that bad.

What is the best way to prepare for getting around on Oasis of the Seas? Should I study deck plans or is there another way to figure it all out before we board?

Thanks!

I suspect you will have very little trouble getting around. There are digital wayfinders near every stair/elevator lobby.

It's a very good idea to study the deck plans, especially learning which neighborhoods are on which deck.

I second learning the deck plans, focusing what area interests you most. Also know there are electronic boards by the elevators and other places that are a wealth of knowledge of how to get around, what's going on and menu's and more. Don't hesitate to ask people if you need help.

Have a great time, and let us know what you thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Anyone know if Royal has any plans to make Oasis and Allure smart ships like her bigger sister Harmony and the Quantum class?

Then at some point I might assume they might start going down the line; although I wonder since Adventure is getting dry docked real soon that might be added like she will be first Voyager to have the back slides like Liberty.

I find the Oasis class easier than the others. We use landmarks on the ship to guide us. ie. pictures in the stairwells. Decorations hanging in the atrium near the elevators, etc... It's what works for us.

Excellent info, because I will have to learn the amazing O.

You don't need to learn the ship or study it. Because of the simplistic neighborhood concept, it's incredibly easy to find your way around.

In the elevators is a little cheat that tells you which deck the neighborhoods are on.

Entertainment Place is just under the promenade. Central park is above the promenade. Boardwalk is a deck up from promenade on the back. Theater at front of promenade, dining rooms at rear of promenade. Then you have the pool deck. That's really about it. If you need to find a more specific place "Where is Johnny Rockets", use the digital wayfinders.

But definitely don't be intimidated by the size of the ship. It uses only a few very wide open neighborhoods which makes navigating and learning the layout of the ship very simple.

The electronic boards by the elevators are definitely a wealth of information BUT remember the touch screens also contain a wealth of germs. Wash your hands a lot. We're doing a B2B Nov/Dec. We found it too big for just one week.