I am entitled to a refund on port charges???

Rjh8842

Being the frugal person I am I check my cruise prices daily. The other day I noticed that the taxes and fees have changed. So I called the cruise line for a refund. However I was told that I could not get a refund for the taxes and fees unless I rebooked the cruise. Rebooking the cruise would increase the cruise fare by hundreds of dollars. So that is not happening. I was also told that I could not have an onbourd credit. It is a $4 difference per person for seven people. I have read some posts that people said they got the refund. But how? I still have six months until my cruise so it is possible that the cruise price would lower again so I can get the new price for taxes and fees. But I highly doubt that because I have a really great price. I just would like my $28.

Interesting. I booked a cruise onboard once and my friends all booked through another agency. When we compared pricing, the rooms were comparable but my taxes and fees were more. I posted about that once and someone insisted the taxes and fees don't change. I guess they were wrong.

Port fees and taxes can go up and down. The port fees and taxes listed for a particular cruise are more of an estimate, and that amount sometimes changes as Royal Caribbean gets the latest information from the various ports. Unfortunately, this means some passengers pay more than others in port fees and taxes.

If the taxes and fees go up, Royal does not go after the booked passengers and attempt to get them to pay more. If they go down, then Royal does not refund the difference until the cruise sails. Then, if the actual port fees and taxes, per passenger, work out to be less than what you paid, they usually refund the difference as an OBC on the last day of the cruise. This has happened to me.

If they go down, then Royal does not refund the difference until the cruise sails.

If you are due any credit it will not be applied until the sailing. You will not get anything sooner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not always the case. I've received a small credit on my credit card prior to sailing due to fees going down. I've also received a credit onboard.

Either way if the fees go down a credit will be applied.

Disney Cruise Line automatically credits you the difference, if the taxes/charges go down. I've seen it happen, where the final payment is less than what we thought, by a few dollars, because of this.

I've never had this happen with Disney however I have had credits on my cards after sailings. That has happened four times. Its always a pleasant surprise.

Being the frugal person I am I check my cruise prices daily. The other day I noticed that the taxes and fees have changed. So I called the cruise line for a refund. However I was told that I could not get a refund for the taxes and fees unless I rebooked the cruise. Rebooking the cruise would increase the cruise fare by hundreds of dollars. So that is not happening. I was also told that I could not have an onbourd credit. It is a $4 difference per person for seven people. I have read some posts that people said they got the refund. But how? I still have six months until my cruise so it is possible that the cruise price would lower again so I can get the new price for taxes and fees. But I highly doubt that because I have a really great price. I just would like my $28.

You may be entitled a refund, if so, while you're cruising. My folio on a 9 nite Anthem Aug. 25 sail reflected a credit of $4.18 per in port charges/fees. A surprise.