Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Wow! We did our 1st Next-cruise last fall; the pricing seemed ridiculously high at the time (for the sneaky underhanded reason you ran into???) but we thought, "...ahh, it's just a placeholder". If this is not a scam I will apologize to RCI vut the way it looks right now...

UPDATE...just got a call from RCCL, as I happen to be working from home today. Someone following up to make sure I got everything booked ok. I asked her about it and she said as the other posts suggested...that my booking still has the taxes from my other booking on it, and that their finance dept audits them once or twice a month and will update all taxes and port charges to match the current sailing. So I am booked with the ship rate for SOS, but the taxes and port fees for Adventure southern Caribbean. She unlike the last guy seemed very confident and said this is not new to SOS, just the way it goes with moving Next Cruise bookings.

I have always gotten very good service from RCCL on all occasions, but it always seems much more confident and precise during core business hours. Guessing like most businesses they rely heavily on 3rd Party Vendors to take many if not all of their phone calls off hours.

Thanks for the replies on the quandary.

... had to pay like $60 more than my friend did for same category (2 rooms down) because he had a new booking and mine was a transfer from next cruise booking we had as a place holder. Guy on the phone said it was because once you book a cruise the taxes don't change or some crap. Anyone ever experience this? He gave us the option to cancel and lose the next cruise deposit, but was unwilling to match the price in anyway. Even waited on hold for a while as he checked the some other dept...

Yes, I've seen this before. If the taxes remain lower than you paid, then they will automatically give you OBC for the difference on the cruise.

We are doing a Greek Island cruise on the Jewel this year prior to our Freedom TA from Barcelona. They are 6 days apart, from disembarking the Jewel to embarking the Freedom. We will suffer through 5 nights in a villa in Tuscany before taking a cheap flight from Florence to Barcelona on Vueling Air the morning before the TA. We spent 5 nights in Barcelona this past October prior to the Harmony TA, so this year we are focusing on Italy and Greece!:cool:

5 days? oh no! I hope we don't have the much of a gap. I can handle two days but not 5. We have to work and two cruises b2b is already pushing it.

I'm worried now as we have a place holder that I'm hoping to switch when the southern Caribbean sailings are released.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Kayleigh...we don't have place holders in UK. They will charge you a £75 admin fee and they will not honour the price quoted online as it is not a new booking.

I had a booking on Rhapsody last Summer but I was unable to go due to work commitments. I tried to change it to another booking and the price quoted was more that £350 more than advertised on top of the admin fee so it was less expensive for me to lose my deposit (which is also a UK quirk) than it was to transfer my booking. :o

Kayleigh...we don't have place holders in UK. They will charge you a £75 admin fee and they will not honour the price quoted online as it is not a new booking.

I had a booking on Rhapsody last Summer but I was unable to go due to work commitments. I tried to change it to another booking and the price quoted was more that £350 more than advertised on top of the admin fee so it was less expensive for me to lose my deposit (which is also a UK quirk) than it was to transfer my booking. :o

I knew that but was told by next cruise on harmony that the rules had changed when booking onboard and the uk had a one change policy with onboard bookings I have it in writing incase they were wrong so it better stand [emoji849] knowing royal god knows what will happen [emoji23] x

I knew that but was told by next cruise on harmony that the rules had changed when booking onboard and the uk had a one change policy with onboard bookings I have it in writing incase they were wrong so it better stand [emoji849] knowing royal god knows what will happen [emoji23] x

Thank goodness you got it in writing. Fingers crossed then!

5 days? oh no! I hope we don't have the much of a gap. I can handle two days but not 5. We have to work and two cruises b2b is already pushing it.

It is just a matter of how the cruises fall. We had actually booked the Jewel first and then added on the Freedom a few weeks later, once I realized I had enough PTO to do it! The Freedom also fell into my vacation window at work, which was lucky. It fell within a matter of three days for my vacation cut off for the season. :eek: Fortunately, my work schedule also allows me five nights in Rome prior to the Jewel, so this will be a big vacation year where we get to really maximize our airfare.. Can't wait!

However, that is why I cannot do the Symphony TA in 2018 - it misses my vacation window by three days.:(

When the new itineraries are released, are they also released to travel agents/online travel companies at the same time or do we have to call RCI for these opening day releases and then they're released to travel agents later?

I mean if there will be no early access ... FINE. But don't tell people there will be something, and then just don't do it.

I'm typically a carnival cruiser, I have taken 6 CCL cruises in the last 2 years ... and now I really want to try something different, like an Oasis class ship, to celebrate my 10 year sobriety anniversary in August 2018 ... so it's a "milestone" cruise for me (and on a huge "special" ship ... so that's why i'm anxious to get it booked ... and I've been checking daily for MONTHS on RCCL's site to see if 8/2018 was loaded yet ... and so to finally be told a date "Week of 3/6" ... and also to be told that as a platimnum member I would have early access to get best cabin access ... I have been excited and waiting ... so to NOW be told that I have to wait until the week of the 16th ... well that's just bad customer service .... It's like Santa Claus saying "Sorry Kids, North Pole is not ready for Christmas as planned. Don't worry, though, you will get your gifts the week of January 6th!" :eek:

Call the C&A phone number, agent can book over phone for Symphony thru 2019!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the new itineraries are released, are they also released to travel agents/online travel companies at the same time or do we have to call RCI for these opening day releases and then they're released to travel agents later?

In past years, the travel agents had access via cruisingpower (TA website) before we had access on the consumer website.

In past years, the travel agents had access via cruisingpower (TA website) before we had access on the consumer website.

TA website was loaded with the Symphony itineraries about 7:00 Eastern time this morning. People were calling RCI and the C&A number starting around 7 or 8pm last night for Symphony.

mac_tlc

TA website was loaded with the Symphony itineraries about 7:00 Eastern time this morning. People were calling RCI and the C&A number starting around 7 or 8pm last night for Symphony.

mac_tlc

Interesting, so they turned it around this year.

Call the C&A phone number, agent can book over phone for Symphony thru 2019!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want the Symphony ... I want the Harmony... I'm not against the Symphony but I want to sail August or at the latest September and Symphony is not in USA yet ... I would have pushed the cruise back to Nov but I don't like any of those itineraries ...

UPDATE...just got a call from RCCL, as I happen to be working from home today. Someone following up to make sure I got everything booked ok. I asked her about it and she said as the other posts suggested...that my booking still has the taxes from my other booking on it, and that their finance dept audits them once or twice a month and will update all taxes and port charges to match the current sailing. So I am booked with the ship rate for SOS, but the taxes and port fees for Adventure southern Caribbean. She unlike the last guy seemed very confident and said this is not new to SOS, just the way it goes with moving Next Cruise bookings.

I have always gotten very good service from RCCL on all occasions, but it always seems much more confident and precise during core business hours. Guessing like most businesses they rely heavily on 3rd Party Vendors to take many if not all of their phone calls off hours.

Thanks for the replies on the quandary.

Well, that sounds fair as does Bob's/Clarea's take on things; therefore a big apology to you, "Royal Caribbean", custodian of my dreams, hopes, and aspirations!

Freedom going to San Juan. Adventure will take over the 6/8 from either Miami or FLL (My theory)

I like that theory. But why would they want more cabins to fill at a relatively cheaper fare? I know the 8 nt is also a little cheaper too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I book the May 13 2018 sailing on Symphony this morning and got a confirmation number but I haven't seen an email. Nor have I need able to link my reservation with my log in on the website. Anyone else having these issues??

Yes, booked this AM but no e-mail or sighting of it online. They did charge my credit card right away!!

Old article

Rhapsody is already deployed to Tampa through the 2018

Vision will be in Bayonne for the fall of 2017

Vision leaves Its last run from Quebec repositioning to Galveston Texas and will sail from Galveston from November 2017 through April 2018. I have a b2b2b booked.

I book the May 13 2018 sailing on Symphony this morning and got a confirmation number but I haven't seen an email. Nor have I need able to link my reservation with my log in on the website. Anyone else having these issues??

I haven't received an email confirmation either; we booked the TA. I don't see on my log-in reservations either. And the ship isn't listed to add. BUT they did take my deposit from my checking account....

I booked the Oct 14th sailing of Symphony for oceanview balcony $3100. I really want the ports of Venice and Dubrovnik, so I'll keep an eye out for other European sailings on the smaller ships. This price was cheaper than Carnival Vista European sailing last October, but it was one day longer.

We did that last fall. We spent four nights in Venice then got on Vision and sailed to Dubrovnik, Santorini, Katakolon, and Kusadasi. We got off Vision, flew direct to Barcelona and stayed the night, and got on Harmony Transatlantic and sailed back to the US. Was wonderful!

We did that last fall. We spent four nights in Venice then got on Vision and sailed to Dubrovnik, Santorini, Katakolon, and Kusadasi. We got off Vision, flew direct to Barcelona and stayed the night, and got on Harmony Transatlantic and sailed back to the US. Was wonderful!

I was just playing around with the dates from 2017 (since 2018 isn't out) to see if we could do something like that. I would definitely spend a few days in Venice, heck, I love Barcelona too! There must be a way I can do this :D

Symphony is not coming to the UK. TA is 28th Oct 18 from Barcelona to Miami arriving 9th Nov 18 @ 0400, 1 sea, Malaga, 9 sea, rest of time from launch appears to be boring 7 night med cruises according to a UK TA.

Hi Clodagh, and Kayleigh.

I've done a few bookings in the past few years either on Celebrity or Royal whilst onboard the ships for future cruises, and I have always been told that we can change it once, for another cruise without any penalty, that's one of the reasons I try to book something whilst onboard, and to get any extra perks for the sailing. I have always said we are from the UK, and been told there's no problem.

Also, if it's booked onboard and a better deal comes out (ie drinks package etc), it can be changed to without penalty.

Someone on here yesterday, also confirmed that I can change a Royal Future booking for a Celebrity booking and vice versa, which I didn't know!!!!

Margaret

Hi Clodagh, and Kayleigh.

I've done a few bookings in the past few years either on Celebrity or Royal whilst onboard the ships for future cruises, and I have always been told that we can change it once, for another cruise without any penalty, that's one of the reasons I try to book something whilst onboard, and to get any extra perks for the sailing. I have always said we are from the UK, and been told there's no problem.

Also, if it's booked onboard and a better deal comes out (ie drinks package etc), it can be changed to without penalty.

Someone on here yesterday, also confirmed that I can change a Royal Future booking for a Celebrity booking and vice versa, which I didn't know!!!!

Margaret

100% correct Margaret.

Have you booked yet??