Alchohol package

nitamarty

We currently have the AIBP on our 28 day cruise to Tahiti (HI Thrak! ) but now under the 3 for Free the price for our cabin has gone down considerably!

This cruise has a TON of sea days so I'm inclined to stick with the beverage package but am trying to justify the several thousand dollar difference.

Does anyone remember if Princess still has fresh squeezed juices (orange and grapefruit) and if they're included? That might actually tip the scales.

Thanks!

If you're looking at a savings of several thousand dollars, why not switch to 3 for Free and buy the AIBP? A 28 day cruise at $56.35/day would cost you $1577.80.

Out of 436 drinks on the Beverage Calculator, 11 are priced at higher than $10. That makes it 99.975% of the drinks are included in the package.

Other than the fact that your math is incorrect, we get the idea.

11 drinks out of 436 is approximately 2.5%, meaning that 97.5% are included.

You must be in a suite. I can check again but, when I checked pricing for my balcony cabin under the 3 for Free it was $100 more than the price I booked under the Sip n Sail. I'll look again but, for a 28 day cruise with so many sea days, the AIBP is quite attractive to us.

I've had OJ and Grapefruit juice onboard but neither was fresh-squeezed. I would be interested in knowing if those are available.

We're in an aft premium balcony - B4 or D4 or something.

Years ago we sailed a long cruise - Honolulu to Tahiti and then around Tahiti on the old Royal and our wonderful waiter started to give us the fresh squeezed at breakfast after he got to know us.

It spoiled me forever.

So I know they used to have it.

We also sail a lot on Celebrity in their Aqua class and one of their perks used to be fresh squeezed for room service and in the dining room. As of last winter the fresh squeezed orange was gone entirely and the grapefruit was only available in the dining room. By now it might be gone also.

That's why I asked if Princess still had it.

Thank you, Astro Flyer for re posting the drink menus. Now cruise crazy me can even plan what I will drink. I'm usually just vodka on the rocks or a dry vodka martini, but there are some interesting drinks on that menu. Since I have the package, I'll be trying them.

Thank you, Astro Flyer for re posting the drink menus. Now cruise crazy me can even plan what I will drink. I'm usually just vodka on the rocks or a dry vodka martini, but there are some interesting drinks on that menu. Since I have the package, I'll be trying them.

You're welcome...I had an AIBP on a river cruise & discovered that I could only consume so many drinks. Although I see many on these menus that I'd like to try if I had the Princess AIBP. ;)

Here's a list for Crooner's:

For the martini lovers, [emoji483]Crooner's menu. Apologies for the picture quality. You can buy a special deck of playing cards from the Crooner's bartenders with all the martini recipes.

Can't remember seeing Chairman of the Board on the menu, but know they did it as recall someone regularly ordering them. d1e9d1fc0f3e89f20596740980453672.jpgc45280892acf8e99510338db09f811b0.jpg27bec1d6ea09a68174c7c2dab6e5bf17.jpgaa2e6c8edf6298eb61fffd1a17ff7755.jpg

A link to the Bellini's menu:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2818/11295750395_833ff97891_o_d.jpg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Other than the fact that your math is incorrect' date=' we get the idea.

11 drinks out of 436 is approximately 2.5%, meaning that 97.5% are included.[/quote']

Oh yeah, I needed to move the decimal over two places. :o Thanks for the correction.

Nope, no time limit between drinks. It is just one at s time. If you're sitting at the bar, and it's obvious the drink is for you, ie to make s double or add a shot to a mixed drink, the bartender will generally just give you the next one within minutes of your first order.

Nice to know. I thought they have changed the policy.

Thanks.

Hi,

Finally I get the right people for this question. Don't want to buy all include package $70 / days is a bit too much for my drinking habits.

If I order wine, run, beer or scotch from on line options before embark. Can I take drinks out of my cabine?

Or better just to use the happy hours option? We are 3 in this trip

Please tell me I can get fresh juice and healthy options for lunch and breakky.

Coffee cards is out of the question for us

Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers,

Carmenza

Hi,

Finally I get the right people for this question. Don't want to buy all include package $70 / days is a bit too much for my drinking habits.

If I order wine, run, beer or scotch from on line options before embark. Can I take drinks out of my cabine?

Or better just to use the happy hours option? We are 3 in this trip

Please tell me I can get fresh juice and healthy options for lunch and breakky.

Coffee cards is out of the question for us

Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers,

Carmenza

You can drink any alcohol purchased from Princess anywhere on the ship including full bottles of wine that you can take to the dining room without a corkage fee because the 15% tip/corkage is included in the purchase price.

I've only had juice included at breakfast but not at lunch.

Edited by Astro Flyer

You can drink any alcohol purchased from Princess anywhere on the ship including full bottles of wine that you can take to the dining room without a corkage fee because the 15% tip/corkage is included in the purchase price.

I've only had juice included at breakfast but not at lunch.

That also applies the items from the Elite/Full Suite mini-bar or items gifted to you by Princess. If you get a bottle of champagne from Passengers Services to compensate for an onboard issue, that bottle can be consumed anywhere on board corkage free.

Juices are available for breakfast in the DR (7:00-9:00 on port days or 7:30-9:30 of sea days) and the buffet from 5:30 to 11:30. The orange juice is not fresh squeezed. It has been reported that fresh squeezed is available at an up charge but on over 20 Princess cruises I have never tried to order fresh squeezed. I believe the OJ for full suite passengers in Sabatini's for breakfast is fresh squeezed and I can confirm that it is quite good. For lunch and later there is lemonade available in the Buffet and I believe also in the DR. I have never ordered in the DR.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

The package includes drinks with a price up to $10. If a drink is over $10' date=' it is not included in the package. Thus, you pay the entire charge.[/quote']

That's a bummer. RCCL lets you pay just the amount over $10 if the drink is more than $10.

That's a bummer. RCCL lets you pay just the amount over $10 if the drink is more than $10.

Here are all of the drinks you'd have to pay full price for (or just not order):

Whiskey - Chivas Royal Salute - $12.50

Brandy - Remy Martin XO - $10.75 or $12.00

Champagne - Mirabelle, Brut Rose - $11.00

Champagne - Nicholas Feuillatte, Brut - $13.00

Champagne - Veuve Clicquot, Brut - $17.00

Red Wine - Nebbiolo Valmaggiore, Bruno Giacosa - $12.00

Red Wine - Cabernet Sauvignon, Sanctuary - $13.00

Here are all of the drinks you'd have to pay full price for (or just not order):

SO true!!!

I don't know about RCCL but on Celebrity (sister company) if you get their premium package they also allow you to just pay the overage but their drink prices are so inflated that there are many, many drinks (especially red wines! :( ) that are priced above the $13/glass limit.

Discount on bottled wine is 20%, not the 40% Princess gives.

BTW - under Celebrity's Classic package you would pay the entire price for any drink over the $10/glass limit.

I tried to look up what their beverage package prices are but it's not on the Celebrity website and the only post I could find on Google was a year old.

It was $55/night for Classic and $65/night for premium.

Other than the fact that your math is incorrect' date=' we get the idea.

11 drinks out of 436 is approximately 2.5%, meaning that 97.5% are included.[/quote']

I just realized that there are duplicates in the list (same wine offered at two locations for example), so I stripped out the obvious duplicates and re-ran the numbers using the correct :) math.

7 drinks out of 353 = 2% not included, 98% included.

Not a big difference, but more accurate.

Just thought of another question...is gelato at Gelato's included in the beverage package on Regal? I've seen conflicting info on this. So would like to hear if anyone has recently experienced.

Angela

I've seen conflicting info myself. Any clarification?

I really don't have a problem with it. There are very few drinks not included and I have no need to drink those particular things.

We just got off Diamond Princess a couple of weeks ago, and, while I'm pretty sure I didn't drink the full value of the package myself, certainly not strictly in cocktails, (well, I might have, but I didn't keep tabs on it), I'm fairly certain The Hubs did.

Even if we didn't, it was really nice to have the fresh-squeezed juice every morning, the occasional (or more) espresso, macchiatto, or whatever coffee/tea beverage in the coffee bar, plus bottled water, in addition to the wine and mixed drinks, without giving the cost per drink a second thought.

If it wasn't a win or a wash, it was still worth it to feel that much more...pampered? Special? Devil-may-care?...for the week.

Edited by srlafleur

Aren't there a handful of 50th anniversary cocktails that are over $10? I haven't been on a ship since December, so I don't know if they still have those, but I vaguely recall the menu at the bar, and they were all like $12 or $12.50 or something like that.

Aren't there a handful of 50th anniversary cocktails that are over $10? I haven't been on a ship since December, so I don't know if they still have those, but I vaguely recall the menu at the bar, and they were all like $12 or $12.50 or something like that.
You are correct and they were around $12 or slightly more. The had them on our cruise in December but we haven't been on board since.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums