Lunch on sea days

budgiegirl40

Hi

We are sailing on the Norwegian Jade next month, and I was wondering what restaurants are open for lunch on sea days. I assume that the MDRs are, do any of the specialty restaurants open for lunch. We sailed on the Epic last year and had some lovely themed buffets at lunchtime in Moderno.

Probably just one MDR (Grand Pacific), because they sometimes use the smaller one (Alizar) for art auctions or other events on sea days.

Last time we were on the Jade, Teppanyaki and Sushi/Noodle Bar were open for lunch on one sea day. And on the other sea day, they did a Jazz Brunch in Le Bistro.

They also do a lot of themed buffets and poolside cooking at lunchtime on sea days.

Blue Lagoon will be open all the time, as usual.

Themes during lunch? Never had that on the Breakaway. I go on the Epic next January. Sounds interesting.

When I sailed Breakaway this past May/June, they had themed lunches in Moderno. We went to the German buffet in Moderno at lunchtime on one of the sea days. I know that they offered an Indian buffet there on a different day.

Definitely check the daily listings to see what options are available on your ship/sailing!

Just off the Dawn. We found it odd that there were not more restaurants open on sea days. The large main dining room was open. As was the nomal O'Shehans and Buffet.

The smaller MDR was used for art auctions. The Chinese/Tenppanyaki/Sushi restaurant was been used for extra retail space ($10 sales, etc.).

When I was on the Jade the Grand Pacific, Blue Lagoon, The Great Outdoors, and Topsiders were open. They would also do burgers up at Bali Hai. However the themed lunches seemed to be done at Topsiders buffet. I know we had a German themed lunch one day and I know there were others too. I chose to eat at the Grand Pacific most days but the fresh burgers up at Bali Hai were good too.