confused about my time dining

cherylg509

Does my time dining on rcl mean you don't get to eat in the main dinning room ? Really confused about the details any info would be so welcomed

My Time Dining is in the Main Dining Room. Assuming you are referring to Liberty, there are three decks on the MDR. My Time is one or two of those decks. You will have the same menu and food as the Traditional diners.

Edited by clarea

You WILL be in the main dining room...there are several levels...it's all the same dining room. The menu and dress code are the same. It's simply that with MTD, you can go when you want....instead of having a "set" dining time.

Of course, if a lot of other people want to go the same time you want to go, you will wind up waiting for a table.

You are not the only ones ever confused about My Time Dining.

We were on Oasis and met a two couples that thought My Time meant they were to have dinner in the Buffet in for dinner.

They were so happy when we looked at their cruise cards and told them where they were to go for dinner in the Main Dining Room. :)

Yes. We try to arrive at "off-peak" times, like 6:52 or 7:23 or something like that - before or after the traditional 15 minute windows. ;)

We just booked the Liberty and the My Time dining is on the top floor of the 3 floor dining room. I looked it up on their website. I believe that you can make reservations.

Not only can you make reservations, they will try to insist that you do and that you take the same time and same table every night. They were very persistent with wanting us to do so even though I felt it cancelled out any possible benefit of MTD. If, like us, you also enjoy dining with others, you might want to consider asking to be reassigned to a Traditional early or late seating as we were never able to have table-mates unless we arranged them ourselves. It seems that one of the big benefits people see in MTD is being free to "not share" a table.

Does my time dining on rcl mean you don't get to eat in the main dinning room ? Really confused about the details any info would be so welcomed

Cheryl, Not really sure about how RCL does its MTD, (because we always did the MDR,Buffet or specality restaurant on our RCL cruises) but Carnival on it's cruise formal night won't allow shorts in, so I had to go back upstairs and slip on casual slacks. No big deal, we were always under the impression that dress in the MTD area was always 'informal' (No beachwear/flip flops,etc) of course. So you might call or ask at the purser's kiosk when you come aboard if there is a certain dress code for certain days.

Not only can you make reservations, they will try to insist that you do and that you take the same time and same table every night. They were very persistent with wanting us to do so even though I felt it cancelled out any possible benefit of MTD. If, like us, you also enjoy dining with others, you might want to consider asking to be reassigned to a Traditional early or late seating as we were never able to have table-mates unless we arranged them ourselves. It seems that one of the big benefits people see in MTD is being free to "not share" a table.

They definitely want you to make reservations as there are two lines to enter. When you arrive at the reserved time, you will be seated alone unless you ask for a community table. It's not like NCLs freestyle as no reservations generally means a wait. My time dining is not as flexible as one might think.