Know we will always have our ups and downs

Just try our best and smile and try not to have many frowns

Main thing we can never give up in our fight

We know that we can do it right

Eat, drink and be merry may be what they say

Eat less, drink water and weigh less each day

So here we all go in a new season to be a winner

To lose some weight before the Christmas dinner

I have lost right around 17 lbs over the last 3 months. My husband has lost roughly 20. Knowing that being in a swimsuit in public is happening in just a few days now was a great motivator when one may have wanted to cheat. I had to get new work pants yesterday because mine were several inches too large. I'm almost as excited about the weight loss as the cruise. Almost- but not nearly. Sunday can't come fast enough!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

187.5 this week, down 1.5 pounds. I had hoped to reach my goal of 180 by the end of summer, which didn't happen because my weight loss stalled for a couple of months. But now it seems to have gotten going again so I'm hoping to reach my goal weight by the end of the year. At that point I will have lost almost 50 pounds.

After being heavy for so long, I still have problems recognizing myself in the mirror.

I hope everyone had a good week.

I have lost right around 17 lbs over the last 3 months. My husband has lost roughly 20. Knowing that being in a swimsuit in public is happening in just a few days now was a great motivator when one may have wanted to cheat. I had to get new work pants yesterday because mine were several inches too large. I'm almost as excited about the weight loss as the cruise. Almost- but not nearly. Sunday can't come fast enough!!!!!

Great loss, Rachelmae. It's a good feeling to be able to buy smaller clothes.

Hello Friends,

Belle, great poem. So hard to believe it is fall. Of course with the heat where we live it is still summer. Supposed to be very hot this weekend.....95.

Back from my cruise. Gained 2 lbs. Not horrible.

Hubby and I saw a great deal for a 12 day trip to China. We leave on Thanksgiving, includes a 4 day cruise on the Yangtze river. Our 2nd trip to China. Will be fun I'm sure.

Rachelmae, great loss, have a great cruise. Nice to buy smaller clothes!

Cruiserman, sorry you didn't reach your goal BUT you have done very well.

Have a good week everyone.

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Lost 2 pant sizes since August for my February cruise. Grew up on the beach so I am looking forward to getting some beach time again. It's been 8 years since I bought a bathing suit and I want to be able to buy one for the trip that I look and feel good in.

Last time I got in shape I went from a US size 16 to a US size 6 in 3 months... I have 4 months this time and I am determined to do it again but stay at the size 6 this time and not let my boyfriend's eating habits ruin mine.

Edited by jlp0380

Lost 2 pant sizes since August for my February cruise. Grew up on the beach so I am looking forward to getting some beach time again. It's been 8 years since I bought a bathing suit and I want to be able to buy one for the trip that I look and feel good in.

Last time I got in shape I went from a US size 16 to a US size 6 in 3 months... I have 4 months this time and I am determined to do it again but stay at the size 6 this time and not let my boyfriend's eating habits ruin mine.

I'm sure you'll do it. Once your boyfriend sees how good you're looking maybe he'll change his eating habits.

I'm sure you'll do it. Once your boyfriend sees how good you're looking maybe he'll change his eating habits.

I hope he changes his eating habits... he's 36 but still eats like a college Freshman. He's just been really lucky... he still wears the same pant size he did in high school. He just doesn't gain weight even with junk food and no exercise!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

My wife and I started a healthy eating program called Whole 30 which you can google and get all the information you will need. My starting weight was 205.5 and now 118 days later I'm at 162.5. I eat until I'm full and haven't gone hungry while on the program. There are many health related changes you will notice after 30-45 days. The biggest one for me was getting off of BP medication.

So happy I found this thread! I came off our Baltic cruise ( July 2016) 20 lbs over my healthy weight. On September 1 I decided to get serious and lose 16 lbs before our October 30 Panama Canal sailing. 8 weeks...2 lbs a week. I am eating only whole foods...nothing processed - if it comes in a bag or a box...I'm not eating it. Just fruits, vegetables, beef, fish, eggs...Half and half in my coffee...no other dairy. No alcohol, no sugar. Nothing between meals. It's very restrictive, but I've lost 7.1 lbs since September 1. My hope is to fit into the clothes I bought last spring. I had to get serious, the prospect of 16 days of indulging on the ship was freaking me out. Before we retired we only took week long vacations a few times a year, I'd usually eat and drink whatever I'd want, gain 4-5 lbs. and lose them before the next trip. Since 2014 our trips have been longer and the weight gains crazy. I really need to be more disciplined on the ship. With eating and exercise :)

So happy I found this thread! I came off our Baltic cruise ( July 2016) 20 lbs over my healthy weight. On September 1 I decided to get serious and lose 16 lbs before our October 30 Panama Canal sailing. 8 weeks...2 lbs a week. I am eating only whole foods...nothing processed - if it comes in a bag or a box...I'm not eating it. Just fruits, vegetables, beef, fish, eggs...Half and half in my coffee...no other dairy. No alcohol, no sugar. Nothing between meals. It's very restrictive, but I've lost 7.1 lbs since September 1. My hope is to fit into the clothes I bought last spring. I had to get serious, the prospect of 16 days of indulging on the ship was freaking me out. Before we retired we only took week long vacations a few times a year, I'd usually eat and drink whatever I'd want, gain 4-5 lbs. and lose them before the next trip. Since 2014 our trips have been longer and the weight gains crazy. I really need to be more disciplined on the ship. With eating and exercise :)

Studies show that 1 to 2 glasses of wine a day actually help you loose weight. The diet I am on considers wine to be a pillar of the diet. Down two pant sizes since August and I get to enjoy a glass of wine with my boyfriend after a long day at work. Can't complain. 😉

It's called The Greek Diet, by Maria Loi. Best I have ever tried.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Edited by jlp0380

Welcome to all the new people joining us.

Rachel.. Great weigh loss for you and your husband. Good

job having to buy smaller pants. Yea! Bon Voyage this Sunday!

Cruiserman.. Nice loss this week. With you doing so well

bet you will reach your goal by Christmas or even before.

Bet it's nice seeing a thinner man in the mirror.

Diana.. Welcome back from your cruise, you'll get the

2lbs off before your next trip. China! A cruise on the Yangtze.

How exciting! Your 2nd time to China, you enjoyed it that much.

That's a place never thought of going.

jlp.. Your doing great two sizes since August. Boyfriends (men)

some can eat and not gain BUT THEN it catches up to

them when there older but then they can lose faster than us women!!

Grrrrr!

(sorry to men in here.. we love you but you do lose faster and it gets

us sometimes)

D & G.. Great weight loss and losing pants sizes is the best.

Everyone does different diets in here. Thanks for telling us about Whole 30.

Nice wife is doing it too, think that help. Congrats on losing the BP meds.

Lucy Jane.. Yes we know and try not to gain but most on cruises

like to eat different food and have some drinks. So we do walk ect and

try not to gain. If we do, we come home and get right back on track.

Cruise42.. Congrats on your loss. 10lbs might be a bit much but whatever

you lose will make you less than you are right now. Right? You've been

doing good. Know you'll lose some.

Nyllrap.. Good job on not gaining on cruises. Everyone does try not to gain.

You made the right choices and did exercises.

Sometimes it's depends on the cruise and how you feel at the time on and

some cruises everyone does better than others on gaining.

Main thing everyone get back on track right away. Did I say that before? lol

krb.. Glad you had a good cruise and now get to go on another one.

You lost 7 lbs so far. Good. Still have over a month to go. You can do it.

Your eating very healthy. But like I said before, whatever you lose will

make you less than you are right now and be happy. Remember you lose inches

even if lbs don't come off that week.

Hope you all come in during the week and talk on how your doing. Give tips.

Then see you on Thursday for weigh-in. Everyone have a good weekend.

Edited by Belle

HI all!

Wow, what a chatty group this week, sharing some great information & having some good losses! Welcome to the new posters.:D

Rachaelmae ~ bon voyage!

Belle ~ you should give a trip to China some thought, very interesting! DH & I did a tour for 2 weeks then a cruise from Shanghai to Singapore. It was the best trip of my life I'd say, so exotic seeing a little of Thailand, Viet Nam & Cambodia.

krb1000 ~ did you do a private tour in SPB & if so which company did you use please? I'm trying to decide which company to use for my Baltic cruise in May.

I'm down 1 pound this week so maybe it was water weight. Wish it could be more but at least I didn't go up even tho' I was a bad girl.:o

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

I am on a high right now, so I need to share.....I have been on a mission for the past month to run a sub 4 minute km. I went from a 4:38 to finally hitting my goal today with a 3:56. Down 80lbs, and running a sub 4....we can all do it!!!!

Well last week I was hanging at 193, and then all heck broke loose at work before Thursday finally arrived and we got out of town for a well needed camp trip.

Just got home, am packing, and will be out of town for another week for training - which depending on the sensitivities of the hosts - can be good or bad when it comes to healthy eating. So hopefully by next week I'll have some success with dropping instead of gaining or staying level.

But if I may - the camp trip was SPECTACULAR! We packed zero bad things, just good meals and snacks. The only hiccup was lunch in town on Friday since it was raining and we needed to get out of the weather - had a burger...

The Milky Way rising over the teardrop, and us:

NW09Q8zt13JuXu4SnhSH_D4XrN2xO9RXVoWKkYGLORzMixtuS5ExSZpyP2atamiW-Vypn8_h-Yvml0MvPOh-NosnAzx5fyGGEdW4LfQIp-tehnA0m7TgRPR_Trm9K8fo43MoGHhoOZLyqmJdWQyDFD1DABFHpvDqiwvipL0sUK8Mu991zaIa-997kdTE6am3_5LneCYngRIgZzUxYHM1wM_KtcQHbrH2p0KMp1sXcHHqeCTEiLzn3tvGX9HFsp7QYRsKLRXGUTXjObPzCCA4LkuOp5PbhANiUvzgmHFOjjnKFMWdoYXScGL-6BUrsWZYyV1HZDlkb8O_nErQXzEpeHNSKV0pGBZtfqi_GQGDlceXsklSYitWWijffFmjTEuBovIwnGbM-2ao09Fdc21SY9_omxy14au3RMs4cF0zZm14ToLbo_AKd-nSnHe21q4IbIFnVBH9t0r9fnSUxDryaV_tEwKwae0EqAFdw0_DrHQw90WwSYZGkbwi8U1sZN-AlgXGyxGu-vOmb1bTAYB4FKN4dvFKm0DKrk-lmz8yBZjub2Q3K2u2lHifHiCDOSC4Z387zNdWlAWYlUdG4Mw8bWs4aD4z1qpquMs=w380-h674-no

-gTCXFs410mWr2KmsO4V19XLCOBTo9r1VSMJllty4dpqjzlZlG_1ZKOMUGbNBfpGXAsGaIoIb-93EutBEsXSl05jaKHHEFxGutIPiZpyJA_-bABXwrbl0JjR8Kv5_HFDmi2nfs4vic9mp2qVusyABttliwmdn5Mg6WfupEJeaGjxUaA4AszozTzK7Gdyx6tdc4OrJezQfThqYj6dNbx7XUsmUzUNQabIBom3qBWej2TzVJfsK2m-VDVYc1BJDm8Oi-wRYKrOlG7NC_s5EzzGmcVabduXJ9AYunl1tZYNWw4t3YBG13mYZfqB22r-nDRnFydsOcnlkal3Mb0X8F8F04QTVmfWQCVljOCVxxk8NzdUVgKMzg8vwsToPm8_INHjTGVvrTYIU1TOOaB1yx0IhH0bwm7tDUQtVIM6K3aslYy0TTSOI9XWBEq1k0d_5dUT0NLLlkMeKWzDrEiO9ATAK8-h_jqJVKA6NrNp7OykPuc8vLX9NuvDMPL11oI0yuJaZl31BhPw-vJwcMubtr_9F376hE-XYgO6E4zebqCTDukzWxT--1KQgwPzmzBP5GKKlFYRZYwUuafezfHSnK8nH8CkNUXHFq4-6kU=w544-h674-no

Only wildlife seemed to be squirrels and birds:

AYuw2liu4343Ar6FfnMdNdr9FtCHez7081MZ--ax-YuNWu2FDF-8ZO7VIXUKBKG7xlfUDnDExoHQD4B5h_F5qQ9xoA5lRXgwlrlVm4K_8c1fpTtL2oQwg3WTDXUWX-wNb-LdJ86YAVppQwAEmbRvrtfn1672p27aFsrWJotJK3oUgVN4JKf8OwpE_Jm9ftmeiNykUyjeSt_iNjnCZE-ZaZ8eC56vws6HBRa_8t6Xu0bZzMN9WWeX60ZIsc9tzsDbSH112fTRVJzU91rX1XY77oLPu2E36gEOwQ4UVOK4itHmy6XC1ipQwNVdGY8NkJsESSvUHmn0TGE7UPpwM_M56flqevUKjCYNFqPprV9ElAK95-ifMvCqS-8TeB7Qg5lo45T5xkouqn9kOd5k7xGoUtzgu16GqwTo78uyU31Wd-YUQ_VlAsdmc2or1qSeP9g58ZZcuLQTVD2xc9fZBCy2_AJWnf_I79mIP9wWQKuWETRDPMDwVrtyW2jKn1eT98Q4VRst2qRjENNuPU82BwJaNJQRRw3Ls5M-oNWXc5s8K7xG088m3nZRoRtSe_MQqLnucmMVP28yHiJN-H3NaiaveSKkPBv09L0STYc=w700-h674-no

And then Sunday morning comes and this big hugger walks through the campground:

mU5I-m9BQ9PIWFjnTdST7IZ5U-arsSRnAfeDPv6u7TFM2ygV5SUaIQhzhiuyadT3GJPCq1EM_M2l-KDpFlbB896dx_7w00KnA6Lq72DMw5_hp3l2BAnpKY-2Xo7VvVqS1IoM3ewRbnEHiMKUJvp7CCgR7Ip_HTHyaC1ljo-1x9lO7_FH3Wme7bCdb_B_8PFMwgXmpY0k4A1uMJG1heB-aXlPJ_B87neiDg0LjfbJj-jU0NdSULZ3-y22oX4YYmXfvhp0BvFiO3-ebUisAVgkZO-3DPNT986fphsctdRlML_ZHrYmmZEUR0pDEzgvsDJBtm4dFXaTOOQHWH_W9DnC_i3RGv7mohzJP39mbQHNHmm3MuMeeLGAf2KUbcv--eZGNE0efJZx5zGTJ5memDyzTGy8fQ8iWpAvXfyvEBWX2wu0t9K-dHIstQtPGxJu-MDirUrNtPjWfyCkGfBUUskte-M4p8T3DQM0y3sg9ZB8Uhoi18abQpmanxJe_ene8UKppsGdVasPPJ1pvCIbUJjR-aWoP0PBWX0EqG1eiAo6BNeE9QlNyE9nZnPOM_0aTNtquYkFllZlWtObKDmrkKrGhifYFimP_ZafS-4=w885-h674-no

No sooner did I look up from the camera, and this little bugger comes hauling down the path:

yLG0i3xE7QWrs_BMTdoxEsfI9ksR6j4NoA1__8p9C9KQE8iHfbX678fRp24__uxFKelIiOgQHRlr5QRbocCDZlLgfhawR8LDqIfTGC8RNAQzBjBHui-PuF78bq4FxX3ei8ljhIbrlCX-p0TZ8JTGjryx6-u-S9T9_zQZVokzuGODpAnV4W5UphFZupKA1XCtNB28-anV9XFmnQ7q_I0FnEseiyy5V0UQh__LbizCnsSws664rtTAxlJG1zwXvmtVvvVVfHqbKPKoFcL9gfxaXdYxNphtw1rY0UWGeVue8sC2ZnaI8MKbxE3ktob9rMxLAkZyCJU4t7Bdnr_cypuvtusC2WcSQjOpUhD_xhCcLzQVWKyoR74ufSqM2sTbcr2EP11r9kQUkKyYnVEcWEpV7mQdw6lZL4xVEq0sWyKcYaWprNW5ZhFlwZokCerhptbOWq2nTb-TaR1O61G2f55oPvp5iC9jl7WEbt3DyMf-d0sSiCP2glkXovwddIpoQ0guwXRSm4ic_RWIibglwicyAGRLNgsBELQ0efc06UfT3BLmXbDoTC2utBYmjXwrH4j1Ev1JV1d5BD9KH1j78N9tT7aKK8b3frIg8tg=w1366-h619-no

Wow - loving the new posters' successes and contributions - congratulations to all for some really inspiring experiences!

Where were you camping for so much wildlife.

While back I was thinking you hadn't mention

your Tear Drop or camping at all. Glad you got

to use it and have time away in such a pretty place.

Good luck on your week of training.