Majesty of the Seas - Dining questions

4spring

Its been a few years since I've been on a cruise & only my 2nd time on RCI, with that being said, I have a few questions:

Dining:

**we are assigned the 8:30 time (earlier is full)

- any suggestions on how we can get moved up to the earlier time? My mom's in her 90s & doesn't like to eat so close to going to bed.

- are there any other options other than eating in the Windjammer every night

- will you miss shows, etc eating at that time?

- what is MTD?

- do they ever run out of a specific menu item at the 8:30 seating?

- any other comments/tips/observations?

Thanks.

Its been a few years since I've been on a cruise & only my 2nd time on RCI, with that being said, I have a few questions:

Dining:

**we are assigned the 8:30 time (earlier is full)

- any suggestions on how we can get moved up to the earlier time? My mom's in her 90s & doesn't like to eat so close to going to bed.

- are there any other options other than eating in the Windjammer every night

- will you miss shows, etc eating at that time?

- what is MTD?

- do they ever run out of a specific menu item at the 8:30 seating?

- any other comments/tips/observations?

Thanks.

The simple answer to your dining problem is to sign up for My Time Dining (MTD). You can schedule when you want to eat. It is the same dining menu as traditional and you can have the same waitstaff each night. No worries about running out of food ;)

You can schedule MTD by logging into the RCI website and your cruise then go to the Cruise Planner, Dining and Beverage then choose My Time Dining. You need to schedule each day. It is a pain the way it is set up but it works.

Edited by Scotty G
clarify

How do you sign up for MTD? Or do you just go down to that diningroom when you are ready to eat (like you would going out to eat at home)?

I sign up for MTD with my TA but I assume you can go through the Cruise Planner process I described and select MTD.

You can also wait til you board but available early dining spaces will likely be gone.

Edited by Scotty G

When I booked my last cruise I was assigned late dining, early and my time were not even options as waitlisted. So I emailed rcldining@rccl.com and explained I wanted to switch and why. I was sent an email back that I was put on early dining and it changed on my booking online as well. I got the email address from another post on here somewhere :)

How do you sign up for MTD? Or do you just go down to that diningroom when you are ready to eat (like you would going out to eat at home)?

yes, go down when you feel like it. Royal will tell you that you have to make reservations but you don't unless you want to. We never do. And Majesty is super easy. When you are ready to eat head to the dining room and enjoy!

If you cannot change your dining before you go, when you get on the ship go down to the MTD station and ask them to change you to MTD. They normally will do it w/o any issues

Edited by karena1

Get on the waitlist now...check when you board the ship (head to the dining room around 2) and they will do their best to get you what you want. MTD is an option, too.

The shows are scheduled around the 2 traditional dining times. Early seating goes to the shows AFTER dinner...and late seating goes BEFORE dinner.

Just wanted to give an update to MamatoJack - I emailed the dining dept of RCI like you suggested with a request for an earlier time figuring all I could do was ask. I explained why I'd like the earlier time. They got back in touch with me & we are now dining at 6pm. Thanks so much for the suggestion & email address!