Fascination in St. Maarten

pghsteelerfan

Just curious...Fascination is in St. Maarten today, but it's Tuesday and for this route (southern itinerary out of San Juan), Tuesday's are her normal "sea day" and Saturday's are the normal day they stop in St. Maarten. The webcam shows her in St. Maarten, as does the St. Maarten webcam.

Carnival Fascination's webcam

http://ships.carnivalentertainment.com/#ship/carnival-fascination/cameras

Live WebCam - The Villas on Great Bay

http://www.thevillasongreatbay.com/webcam.html

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Storm just east of Barbados that has 60% chance of development . They may have to stay north this trip and keep an eye out. I have someone I follow on Facebook who just left St Vincent to sail south to Grenada just in case

Just curious...Fascination is in St. Maarten today, but it's Tuesday and for this route (southern itinerary out of San Juan), Tuesday's are her normal "sea day" and Saturday's are the normal day they stop in St. Maarten. The webcam shows her in St. Maarten, as does the St. Maarten webcam.

Could it be for weather consideration? They must have a reason.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks everyone.

I did check the National Hurricane Center's website, and it's probably due to the now tropical storm, Matthew. When I checked Fascinations webcam earlier today, I saw they were in St. Kitts. Looks like the people who were to get off in Barbados today are getting a "bonus day", but also feel bad for those who were supposed to board.

BoDidly, I thought that at first too (so many of the webcams are "stuck" or show nothing at all), but saw them in St. Thomas as scheduled on Monday. The Villas on Great Bay's webcam also showed her in St. Maarten.

We did the same itinerary out of San Juan (on Liberty) last September, don't have another booked and am missing our cruise. :( Trying to get my "fix" from CC and the webcams. :D

And I tough I was the only crazy son of a gun here that sits looking at AIS marine traffic on my down time...lol. I'm guessing that due to the passing storm (it's over the southern Leeward islands now), passengers getting on in Barbados will have their cruise shortened by one day since they're supposed to be back next Wednesday and they're getting on tomorrow. I guess some OBC are in store for them.

OK so now it says they're going to St. Lucia, so I guess they reversed the order of the ports so they can have the storm move away. But it's interesting to know who they are handling the passengers coming off/on at Barbados. This is a very unique situation for Carnival with two embarkation ports in the same itinerary.

How do you know they are going to ST. Lucia next, I would love to follow. We leave on October 2nd. Hopefully.

There's a site I visit frequently called Marine Traffic where, when you click on the ship's icon, it'll give you some info including last and next port, speed and ETA.

And I tough I was the only crazy son of a gun here that sits looking at AIS marine traffic on my down time...lol. I'm guessing that due to the passing storm (it's over the southern Leeward islands now), passengers getting on in Barbados will have their cruise shortened by one day since they're supposed to be back next Wednesday and they're getting on tomorrow. I guess some OBC are in store for them.

LOL!!! No, you're not the only one. :D I've been checking out the webcams since it's been a year since our cruise. With no cruises booked at the moment and fall coming, I'm needing a cruise fix. I was surprised to see Fascination in St. Maarten on Tuesday. St. Kitts yesterday and looked like a LOT of rain, kind of like our first time there in 2013. Today they appear to be at sea (???). I did see where Matthew is a slow moving storm.

I know your cruise is coming up, so hoping that Matthew moves along and that there are none following so that you have good weather.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just a note...Ive been on 89 cruises with carnival...Been doing this route for 15 years every September..I do it because of the islands...This is just my opinion,so dont start the rude remarks....I just got back from 3 weeks on this ship....I knew it was small, but what a waste of money!!!!!! This ship needs to go to rest......Since I got back Ive been to hospital 2....I have a upper respiratory infection...The smoke on that ship was just gross...The second leg of the cruise they where putting new filters in trying to fix the problem...our room filled with smoke,everything came thru our vent....Yes they where aware of it...But no rooms to switch us to...They where very kind to us...Yes we had to leave our rooms in the middle of the night dew to the awful smell in the room.....I am sad to say I will not be going on this cruise with Carnival again till they put a better ship in there...There where other issues also like getting on and off the ship...Only one line for getting out and getting on.....They did not enforce any rules people did what they wanted to do...I work in medical field.Let me tell you osha would fine them.big time...Lets just say you get what you pay for..If you like white trailer trash????Then this is the ship for you...Again This is my opinion.....And not only that .alot of people complained about it.But We still made the best of it.....

Personally, I love the fascination just because it's a smaller, intimate ship. I was surprised though that they took her off 4/5 day sailings from JAX and put her a longer cruises with southern stops. I imagine it would be because they weren't filling the larger ship from San Juan. It was great for shorter itineraries bit I just don't think it's the right fit for 7 nights

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

Love this itinerary. We did it three times, twice on the Victory and once on the Valor, they sailed at full capacity. I would love to do it again but will not as long as a smaller ship is doing it. We just did the Ecstasy and it was fine for a 5 night. But that route/homeport needs a larger ship.