Unusual Request?

djfrickman

Hello,

I hoping some of my fellow CC members can help me out. My wife and I have just begun our ship model collection. We have been on a few cruises already and never thought about getting the ship models and collecting until this last trip. Since we already have a few cruises booked and it will be a while before we book again on the ships we have already been on, we were hoping of getting help with the ship models.

If anyone is interested in buying a model while on Independence, Vision, or Liberty of the Seas during your cruise and shipping it to us, it would be greatly appreciated. We can send you the money via paypal or a money order, whichever you prefer, and include enough for shipping costs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please reply if your interested in helping out. We need Independence, Vision, and Liberty.

We are going on the Independence Dec 12 of this year. I know that is a little while away but we are willing to get a model for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, I will keep you in mind if I cannot get a hold of one sooner. I have checked ebay and they are super expensive, plus two of the ships I need are not on there. I am thinking $60 should cover everything and leave you with a little in your pocket for your troubles. The models are $33 and not heavy so I can't imagine shipping being more than $10.

Personally, I think you would do better to post this on a few upcoming Roll Calls. Someone will probably help you. :)

Thanks for the tip, I have posted on some roll calls for each ship, but I thought posting here would better my chances.

Thanks, I will keep you in mind if I cannot get a hold of one sooner. I have checked ebay and they are super expensive, plus two of the ships I need are not on there. I am thinking $60 should cover everything and leave you with a little in your pocket for your troubles. The models are $33 and not heavy so I can't imagine shipping being more than $10.

No problem at all! Just let us know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just bumping the post, please let me know if anyone is willing to help out. ebay is a no go as well as the website for ship models. already posted on various m&m posts as well. thanks in advance.

Can you not buy these direct from RC? They must have a stock somewhere, they are all present ships unlike if you wanted splendour....

You likely will not find one of the Independence. Because the ship spends half of the year sailing out of the UK, they don't keep the same stock of items that you would find on US-ported ships. The ship doesn't have a lot of RC-branded items (shirts, souvenirs, etc) even during the winter when it sails out of Florida. Those items just aren't big sellers over in Europe. When I was on it almost three years ago, the stores were still selling a lot of UK items.

You'd be better off getting one of Freedom or Liberty & just painting over the name! :D

Just bumping the post, please let me know if anyone is willing to help out. ebay is a no go as well as the website for ship models. already posted on various m&m posts as well. thanks in advance.

You must be looking in the wrong place on eBay. I just looked, and there are 8 models on the first page alone and there are 20some pages of rci stuff

Hello John.... I'm back..

And just what does the block get you??

And BTW, our pins were waiting for us when we entered our cabin.

Hi Troy, did you have a nice cruise? Glad to hear you got your pins.

Crystal Blocks don't get you anything. :confused:

But they are free, kind of attractive, and take up less room than the ceramic models.

Laura will get the Jewel in November, that will make 7 for us. :D