Any rccl cruisers go on the NFL escape or getaway recently?

maggieq

We have been on the Breakaway (twin sister of Getaway)...although we had a good time, HANDS down, the Oasis/Allure is superior. YES ...the pool area is ridiculous. If I remember correctly, we did make reservations for the shows and dinner, but never really stuck to it. As I said, we had a good time...she is a beautiful ship, but I think RCCL has their mega ships spread out MUCH better.

Got off Escape 9/17 and got on Allure, President cruise 9/18. Enjoyed Escape. Cagneys I had the best filet mignon ever. LeBistro sent filet back, tough. LaCucina OK. All shows were good. Made reservations for dinners and shows beforehand. Liked Allure better. Second time on her. Chops and Giovanni good. Shows were very good.

Looking for comparisons to oasis/allure

Do you have to book shows and restaurants before boarding?

Is the pool area really too small for the amount of people on board?

Any other feedback is welcomed. Thanks!

Ship is smaller than Oasis-class. Feels a little more modern, but also less "grand". Layout of the ship is good - very easy to navigate. Never felt too crowded. Yes you need to book shows before hand. Definitely book specialty dining before if you can, as the popular venues fill up quickly (many have the 3-night SDP as a perk). Bar service was great, even though 60%+ have beverage packages (thanks to the perks). Yes, the mail pool deck is ridiculous. Was still a VERY enjoyable cruise. We're going back on Escape in December!