Georgia Pearl Turns Bermuda Girl: My Pride Cruise to the "Island Paradise" & TS Karl.

gapearl

OK.... show of hands here.. am I the only one checking this thread every day for updates?????? Come on, NTYW Airlines --- Why aren't you giving GAPearl like a PAID week off from work so she can finish her review??

Haha - just kidding, Kim! :D Take your time.. these reviews must be a ton of work. Great job so far!

No, you're not the only one. I have been checking every day too! I love her reviews!

When I first signed on you were on I came back thinking I would have saw some more review...... Hope all is well

I'm with you foxcent, hoping all is well. I know people get busy and such and there might be a delay in the review but when it is a "regular" I get a little worried when it has been a while. I've been hoping she just found a last minute cruise and is off enjoying the sun somewhere. :)

Trix

Since our next cruise is our first on Carnival, I've migrated over from the Royal boards. I've been hoping to read another of your reviews, Kim!

Maybe now I can convince DH to take Pride to Bermuda, since it's only an hour from home. We were booked on a five-day on Royal, but had to cancel due to work. A five-day cruise is just not worth it, in my opinion. Of course, some may say it's better than no cruise at all, but...

Patiently waiting for more -- I understand that life can get in the way. Just hope all is okay.

Hey Kim,

Really enjoying your review on my favorite Carnival ship! I just returned from a Bermuda cruise on Norwegian Sunday, no rain for us and had a great time in Bermuda.

...I will be on the same cruise did you sign up for the meet and greet? Hope to meet you

Hi Kim, hope you are OK.

Loving your review as usual, you always write with a fun style and humor. I see you are going on the Vista soon, I have just written a review of my cruise on the Vista. It was a really great ship, although I need a lot more experience in doing reviews to remember to take pics of menus and food lol. :D

Take Care, Mark. :)

Hello all!

Sorry I've been away and basically just left this review hanging. :o I moved into a new place the week I got back from the Pride and only recently got internet hooked up. All of my picture uploading/editing/posting on CC was being done at the library. I had to make time in my day for that instead of doing it at home late at night when I had time. So in addition to no wifi at home, I had the added stress of closing on the sale of my house in Atlanta (finally closed a month late but it's done :rolleyes:) and I still have boxes that aren't unpacked. I hate moving lol. Plus yes I went on another cruise 2 weeks ago and I simply haven't had as much time to work on this one as I've had on other reviews, so it just got put in the back of my mind and I said I'll finish it eventually. I'm sorry y'all, life got in the way but I still have notes and tons more pictures to post so I will get it done soon. I really am shooting for this weekend. :)

We probably saw many of the same things. I'm sure most of the tours are very similar.

Lewis was waiting for us on arrival and we were lucky enough to make it all the way across the island to Tobacco Bay, Achilles Bay and St. Catherines Beach in the daylight. I don't know why, but, that is the one area I wanted to go to the most. As we came around the corner and I saw it, I yelled Tobacco Beach and the smile on my face was so big, Lewis was laughing!

We didn't go down to Horseshoe Beach, got many a picture from above (you were probably one of the little people down there!) but, did go down to Warwick Beach. The only place we didn't make it to was St. Davids lighthouse, but, we hit everything else we wanted and then some.

Sounds like you had a good tour. Yeah the island is really small so I'm sure we did see most of the same stuff. I guess you have to go back again to see what you missed lol. ;)

Let me just sit back, glass of wine, and get all into this fun-filled, informative review! As a BC Survivor, I love the way you type in pink when you do an October review, I for Breast Cancer Awareness month. Thanks, Kim!

Awwww hey Gloria! Always a pleasure having you read, although you get to see everything before everyone else on FB. :D

I was on this cruise plus the two after it. The last leg was the craziest when Hurricane Matthew made us skip the Caribbean and spend two nights in NYC instead. Lots of very unhappy people on that one but it didn't upset me.

Oh wow, did we meet at any point? That's awesome you got to do a back to back to back but how unfortunate you were on THAT one that got stuck in NY. I'm quite sure you made the best of it but I don't know why so many people got mad. They can't sail into a hurricane and wasn't everyone offered a full refund if they chose not to sail?

I took a pretty good break from CC, but now that I'm back, I'm so happy I found your reviews. DC is one of my favorite cities--I lived there for a summer working and even having weeks and weeks to get into the White House they couldn't seem to fit us in there either. Oh well. The bug (as my daughter is lovingly referred to) would tell you her favorite city is Vegas, which makes me sound like a bad mom. I love the Spirit class ships, but only did the Pride once (we cruised on the Miracle many times out of NYC, easier to get there for us by train, and I prefer the 8 day itineraries). Our only "crazy" weather story was on the Pride, I'm just getting started on the review, but I hope it wasn't nearly as wild as our (we came up behind a snowstorm that paralyzed MD a handful of years ago).

Hey there! Yes DC is an awesome city. I love hanging out there when I can, too cold in the winter for me though. There's so much to see and do in Vegas. It's a great place for tourists. Funny how 5 years ago I was like woo-hoo going to Vegas! Now I'm like eh I live there lol. Hopefully I won't have any other crazy weather stories on any future cruises. :)

I am enjoying your review as always. Thank you.

Thanks for reading, Boarerette!

Hey lady! Hope all is well! I usually end up catching your reviews when you are completely done, and this one isn't yet! Lol. I loved learning about Bermuda from your review, it looks like a great cruise!

I hope your house stuff has been sorted out and I can't wait to read the rest of it.

Hey girl! Yes all is well! Sorry you happened to catch this one unfinished. Did you get married yet?

I'm so glad I stumbled back into the Carnival forum today and saw your review!! Thanks for taking the time to write up another great review! BTW, I too loved binge-watching Prison Break on Netflix haha such an addicting show (although I will warn you that the 4th season was a bit painful to get through... the first season was AMAZING though!). Did you know they are bringing the show back this spring? I don't want to give you any spoilers if you haven't finished all the episodes, but when you do, you should google "Prison Break 2017" and look for the trailer online. It looks interesting!

Thanks for returning to read! Hopefully you have enjoyed what you've read so far. I CANNOT WAIT for Prison Break to return next year. I saw the trailer about a month ago. That's going to be an epic season for sure. :eek:

Opening up the balconies is tons of fun. I was fortunate enough to meet a couple two years ago on the Breeze. We have become great friends and book cruises together. Last year we booked side by side rooms and enjoyed sharing a big open balcony. We are doing it again this year on BC10.

I was worried about having bad balcony neighbors that were loud or smoked but I never heard a peep out of either of them. That would be nice to have a good group of people for some good nights out there on one big balcony.

GAPearl!

So excited to be able to read another one of your reviews, I love them!!

After reading through your other reviews, I dragged hubby on his first cruise in May on Carnival Spirit down here in Australia. We are hooked! Both on cruising and on chocolate melting cakes lol.

Hopefully we meet one day once we get back to the states for a visit! :)

OMG wow! Good job getting hubby hooked lol. How is it cruising from Australia? I'm taking a RC cruise from Sydney in 2018. Any must do's when I get there? Yes let me know if you happen to visit Vegas one day.

GIRRRRRRRRLLLL, I was so happy when I came across this review. You know I love your reviews and you know what my question is???????? What's that boyfriend name because I know your beautiful self have one ;)

Haha welcome back! His name is Nonexistent lol. :p

Okay, I got so excited to see your review I did not start reading until after I made my first post.. Wommp!!! Woomp!!!! You're still beautiful and I see your in Vegas so sooon you will meet Prince Charming

I have not gotten far before I come back with Questions, now I remember your review when you met Sean and how you all kept in contact with each other... Now why are you all just friend and not a couple.. Is it because of distance. I remember that's why I'm being NOSEY LOL

I took a screen shot of this and sent it to him lmao. We're meant to be friends and not a couple lol.

So glad you're back and all is okay! Did I tell you we'll be in Las Vegas in March? DH has a conference, so I'll be trying to stay out of trouble (the good news is that, while I love to gamble, I don't like to spend the $$). Spending money on shopping for our grandsons, most likely.

Don't forget that I want to see a review of Vista, too. Our first Carnival cruise!

EEK, Ive missed half the review. All caught up now. Lets see my notes if I remember correctly.

-Dresses as usual are on point! Love the black one and the gold!

-Cornbread... BAHAHAH. Did I read it was "stuffed" too.. with what cream corn?

-Hey us old people sit on the balcony and drink wine... not in our bathrobes:rolleyes: lol

-The glasses being lost, omg I would freak. Our friend lost her Ray Bans in Punta Cana.. the kids, hubbies and 2 of us were diving for like an hour looking for them.

-I didnt know you stayed overnight at Bermuda so long, how cool. Yet sad since there wasnt much night life.

Cant wait to read more! now to catch up on Sean's.

Hey Andrea! Yep I think you pretty much covered it all lol. It was awful not having my sunglasses. At least it wasn't my regular glasses. I'd be SOL without them. I bought a new pair of prescription sunglasses when I got back and you better believe I'll be more careful with them. There was nightlife elsewhere in Bermuda, but everything was mostly cancelled for storm preparation so I really didn't miss much (heard that from some Bermuda guys on the dance cruise).

Come baaaaaaack to us! I need to read your review while having lunch at work! lol :D

Hi Monica! Thanks for coming back again to read!

OK.... show of hands here.. am I the only one checking this thread every day for updates?????? Come on, NTYW Airlines --- Why aren't you giving GAPearl like a PAID week off from work so she can finish her review??

Haha - just kidding, Kim! :D Take your time.. these reviews must be a ton of work. Great job so far!

Hey Larry! Sorry I've been missing. It's gonna get done before the apocalypse, I promise! :)

I Just begun the review and can only read it when I am at work, but it has come to a stand still. I hope everything is alright..... Where are you????

Everything is good, moving and just being busy got in the way.

No, you're not the only one. I have been checking every day too! I love her reviews!

Awwww I really appreciate the concern from everyone. :)

I'm with you foxcent, hoping all is well. I know people get busy and such and there might be a delay in the review but when it is a "regular" I get a little worried when it has been a while. I've been hoping she just found a last minute cruise and is off enjoying the sun somewhere. :)

Trix

Actually I did take another cruise 2 weeks ago lol.

Since our next cruise is our first on Carnival, I've migrated over from the Royal boards. I've been hoping to read another of your reviews, Kim!

Maybe now I can convince DH to take Pride to Bermuda, since it's only an hour from home. We were booked on a five-day on Royal, but had to cancel due to work. A five-day cruise is just not worth it, in my opinion. Of course, some may say it's better than no cruise at all, but...

Patiently waiting for more -- I understand that life can get in the way. Just hope all is okay.

Yes all is ok. Life definitely got in the way of this one. A 5 day to Bermuda wouldn't be worth it to me. You only get 1 port and will barely be there 24 hours.

Great job, Kim! I'm on the Pride in 4 days and really appreciate the sneak preview. I know how life can get in the way of reviews, I've left more than one unfinished. :o:o

Now I don't feel so bad lol. :p Hopefully you had a great cruise.