Georgia Pearl Turns Bermuda Girl: My Pride Cruise to the "Island Paradise" & TS Karl.

gapearl

Dancing out on the patio.

62f923d7-ce7d-41a0-b73d-edd42c3daf58_zpsinfalnbk.jpg

38a7da4d-2c96-4eb8-a036-13abfcfd0295_zpsugyhusnu.jpg

a47863a3-f849-49e8-85da-3749bb3c194d_zpsqtiqsf8a.jpg

The bartenders made last call at 11:45 pm when we left, but I don’t know what time they actually closed. Sean went back to Snorkel Park but said it still hadn’t picked up. I went back to my balcony like an old lady and sat outside for a while in my bathrobe enjoying the view. I saw a few big groups of people leave the ship in the wee hours, probably crew.

The ships are so beautiful when lit up at night.

03f8c8e7-1b8a-43c5-acb4-1dc93fa040bc_zps13ix8suc.jpg

75151851-4c2a-4429-bb6d-8e9b69d3b43d_zpsaulvqgy0.jpg

13bae179-ed56-4bfb-b7d7-460272d9b4a4_zpscysrozry.jpg

Ok that’s it for day 4! One more half day of Bermuda to come.

Edited by gapearl

Hi Kim!

Loving your review as per usual!

I met you on my flight from Chicago to MCI back in June when you were just moving.

Do you remember my husband and I?

We were talking about going on the Pride. We were just on it last week.

So looking forward to this review!

Hello everyone, sorry I've gotten lazy with posting and responding to comments. Hopefully I'll have this done by the end of the weekend, we'll see. :o:o

Kim GAPearl I love reading your reviews. I always seem to read them way after you've finished them. So, I'm glad I found this one while you are in the process of writing it. I love all your outfits on your cruises. I start shopping at Ross because of you (hahaha). Continue on with the review:)

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn! Thanks for the nice words. I haven't dug through the clearance racks at Ross in a while. I need to in case there's another hidden Vera Wang dress waiting for me lol. :p Thanks for reading!

Kim, quick question for you. I saw the menu for the Skybox and was wondering if the food there was free, or do you have to charge it to your Sign and Sail card? I know that places like the Coffee Bar is extra, but just wondering about the Skybox. Thanks a lot!

Yes there was a charge for food here. Pizza and wings were $5.

You're not the only one that's noticed the slimy menus. I don't know why they don't just coat them in plastic so they can be wiped off.

I could see once or twice, but every night? That's gross. Unfortunately I never got around to filling out the post cruise survey because I sure would have mentioned it.

For a small island the weather can be so different. On our arrival day, we had almost 6 hours with Lewis Foggo (fantastic) and only had a brief shower until we were almost back to the dockyard and then it was raining pretty good.

On the Wednesday, our group split up, 4 headed out and beat the rain, until they hit the ferry to St. George (they were there for the dunking too). They said they couldn't see anything and that ferry was bouncing across the water!

When my mother and I came downstairs to go out, it was pouring, torrents of rain. They had the towels there and a few came in soaked to the bone, my mother was having none of that! We sat on the stairs with about 10 others talking, hoping it would let up, but no luck, so we stayed on board.

I keep checking your pictures for any of us and I found myself in your Lido picture of the refreshment center. I saw you (must have been after that shot) and you were tearing around taking pictures of everything in the buffet!

ETA: It's a heritage building and I believe the cottage is one of the oldest on the island. We have shots of that too and I believe that's what Lewis was telling us.

Yeah I think we had 2 or 3 seasons in one day while in Bermuda lol. I'm glad you also had a good tour. I'm assuming you saw some of the same things I did, or did you see some different things?

I've had rain before on cruises, but it seems somewhat different when the ship is parked for 3 days. When you're there for a few hours, you want to go out no matter what. When you're there for extended time, it's like eh I'll go out tomorrow. :)

Yeah I took pictures of everything lol. I was like these people watching me take pictures of buffet food must think I'm crazy. :D I wish you would have said hi! It would have been nice to chat for a bit.

Oh I guarantee you will love that cruise and if you don't, well I'll fly to Vegas and personally hand you my head on a platter!:D

HAAAAA I'm gonna remember that! :D

I might cancel it though if I just really, really love the dance cruise I'm taking next month. They're having one from LA next year and if I decide to book that one with friends, the two will be too close together.

I hadn't really considered visiting Bermuda but this makes me want to go! Thanks as always for your great review.

It's a great island and I think you'd love it. Put a Bermuda cruise on your radar for sure. Thanks for reading. :)

Hi Kim!

Loving your review as per usual!

I met you on my flight from Chicago to MCI back in June when you were just moving.

Do you remember my husband and I?

We were talking about going on the Pride. We were just on it last week.

So looking forward to this review!

Yes, I remember, it was your anniversary. :) Hopefully you had a good cruise last week. Maybe I'll see you on another plane eventually or a ship one day. Thanks again for coming back to read. :)

I'm enjoying your review, thank you for taking the time to write it! :D

Thank you so much!

We probably saw many of the same things. I'm sure most of the tours are very similar.

Lewis was waiting for us on arrival and we were lucky enough to make it all the way across the island to Tobacco Bay, Achilles Bay and St. Catherines Beach in the daylight. I don't know why, but, that is the one area I wanted to go to the most. As we came around the corner and I saw it, I yelled Tobacco Beach and the smile on my face was so big, Lewis was laughing!

We didn't go down to Horseshoe Beach, got many a picture from above (you were probably one of the little people down there!) but, did go down to Warwick Beach. The only place we didn't make it to was St. Davids lighthouse, but, we hit everything else we wanted and then some.

Let me just sit back, glass of wine, and get all into this fun-filled, informative review! As a BC Survivor, I love the way you type in pink when you do an October review, I for Breast Cancer Awareness month. Thanks, Kim!

Edited by INCHARGE

I took a pretty good break from CC, but now that I'm back, I'm so happy I found your reviews. DC is one of my favorite cities--I lived there for a summer working and even having weeks and weeks to get into the White House they couldn't seem to fit us in there either. Oh well. The bug (as my daughter is lovingly referred to) would tell you her favorite city is Vegas, which makes me sound like a bad mom. I love the Spirit class ships, but only did the Pride once (we cruised on the Miracle many times out of NYC, easier to get there for us by train, and I prefer the 8 day itineraries). Our only "crazy" weather story was on the Pride, I'm just getting started on the review, but I hope it wasn't nearly as wild as our (we came up behind a snowstorm that paralyzed MD a handful of years ago).

Hey lady! Hope all is well! I usually end up catching your reviews when you are completely done, and this one isn't yet! Lol. I loved learning about Bermuda from your review, it looks like a great cruise!

I hope your house stuff has been sorted out and I can't wait to read the rest of it.

I'm so glad I stumbled back into the Carnival forum today and saw your review!! Thanks for taking the time to write up another great review! BTW, I too loved binge-watching Prison Break on Netflix haha such an addicting show (although I will warn you that the 4th season was a bit painful to get through... the first season was AMAZING though!). Did you know they are bringing the show back this spring? I don't want to give you any spoilers if you haven't finished all the episodes, but when you do, you should google "Prison Break 2017" and look for the trailer online. It looks interesting!

I waited close to 30 minutes in the Butterflies Lounge for priority debarking and was one of the first people off the ship at 3 pm. HELLO BERMUDA!

d53c836c-3925-493d-b176-0bffe77f7d84_zpsoymwyz9x.jpg

f7548692-3160-46ac-86b4-d12cedb47428_zpshfykyamg.jpg

97e46dd7-1dbe-46d2-891e-601d3ab9bb49_zpszjqg8ong.jpg

It's pretty cool how those two balcony partitions are open. I bet they had some good times out there.

9333a0b8-c86e-4187-bab1-84592dab1161_zpsr0daneat.jpg

2d83b83b-a054-47f4-859b-a6f72f65e69f_zpsj0td9zfx.jpg

Anthem of the Seas was in port with us today. I considered booking Anthem on this sailing to Bermuda, but their 5 day cruise was the same price as Pride's 7 day, so duh I booked the Pride.

8080dd96-3dbc-4ae0-8d45-2df0c4e602dd_zpsjz1nwf6j.jpg

Opening up the balconies is tons of fun. I was fortunate enough to meet a couple two years ago on the Breeze. We have become great friends and book cruises together. Last year we booked side by side rooms and enjoyed sharing a big open balcony. We are doing it again this year on BC10.

GAPearl!

So excited to be able to read another one of your reviews, I love them!!

After reading through your other reviews, I dragged hubby on his first cruise in May on Carnival Spirit down here in Australia. We are hooked! Both on cruising and on chocolate melting cakes lol.

Hopefully we meet one day once we get back to the states for a visit! :)

I have not gotten far before I come back with Questions, now I remember your review when you met Sean and how you all kept in contact with each other... Now why are you all just friend and not a couple.. Is it because of distance. I remember that's why I'm being NOSEY LOL

EEK, Ive missed half the review. All caught up now. Lets see my notes if I remember correctly.

-Dresses as usual are on point! Love the black one and the gold!

-Cornbread... BAHAHAH. Did I read it was "stuffed" too.. with what cream corn?

-Hey us old people sit on the balcony and drink wine... not in our bathrobes:rolleyes: lol

-The glasses being lost, omg I would freak. Our friend lost her Ray Bans in Punta Cana.. the kids, hubbies and 2 of us were diving for like an hour looking for them.

-I didnt know you stayed overnight at Bermuda so long, how cool. Yet sad since there wasnt much night life.

Cant wait to read more! now to catch up on Sean's.

OK.... show of hands here.. am I the only one checking this thread every day for updates?????? Come on, NTYW Airlines --- Why aren't you giving GAPearl like a PAID week off from work so she can finish her review??

Haha - just kidding, Kim! :D Take your time.. these reviews must be a ton of work. Great job so far!