Upgrade to Suite Guarantee from Concierge - worth it?

BDL

UPDATE:

We decided to move our sailing to December. Prices were SO low and checking on airfare that will be lower too.

We were able to book an S1 Sky Suite (not a guarantee) and got back $514 from what we were paying for a C1 on January 14th. We can't wait for December now! :)

Barb

Big mistake, you will never go back:)

How true! We've been in Junior Suites and Grand Suites on Royal. Hubby does NOT want a regular balcony if a suite is not too much more.

UPDATE:

We decided to move our sailing to December. Prices were SO low and checking on airfare that will be lower too.

We were able to book an S1 Sky Suite (not a guarantee) and got back $514 from what we were paying for a C1 on January 14th. We can't wait for December now! :)

Barb

S1 corner afts could be hot in December in the Caribbean. Depending on sun direction and how well your room air cools, but most likely you will get one on starboard or port with some overhang and not under the treadmills. Also, you could be upgraded even higher! As I said earlier, we upgraded for $300 with all the perks and were able to choose our cabin, which was amazing. My DH hates the wallpaper in Lumanie; it upsets his stomach! i have to make sure that he is not facing it. The bigger issue here is that it is very hard to go back. i am facing that situation now on a 16 nt TA to and around the Med. I have the aft S1 suite aft corner; love those, but could downgrade for a hump slant and save $$$$$. But it is 16 its and lots of sea days...:) GOOD LUCK to you!

Edited by Lastdance

UPDATE:

Barb

Perfect! Best of everything. :D I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

S1 corner afts could be hot in December in the Caribbean. Depending on sun direction and how well your room air cools, but most likely you will get one on starboard or port with some overhang and not under the treadmills. Also, you could be upgraded even higher! As I said earlier, we upgraded for $300 with all the perks and were able to choose our cabin, which was amazing. My DH hates the wallpaper in Lumanie; it upsets his stomach! i have to make sure that he is not facing it. The bigger issue here is that it is very hard to go back. i am facing that situation now on a 16 nt TA to and around the Med. I have the aft S1 suite aft corner; love those, but could downgrade for a hump slant and save $$$$$. But it is 16 its and lots of sea days...:) GOOD LUCK to you!

We selected an S1 on deck 12 starboard directly under the Sundries Shop. Seems to me that won't be open in the middle of the night. I like shade so a corner aft was not an option for us.

Is Luminae casual for breakfast and lunch? Hubby pretty much only wears shorts and sneakers for most of a cruise. Dinner I'll be able to talk him into a couple wearing slacks. How dressy is Luminae at night? What about Michael's Club? Dress code?

Thanks,

Barb

Luminae dress is pretty much like MDR. Casual (shorts/etc) for breakfast and lunch is fine. Same for Michael's Club during the day. Typically people tend to dress for dinner (dress code of the evening) then return for pre-dinner drinks. That's been our experience.

We selected an S1 on deck 12 starboard directly under the Sundries Shop. Seems to me that won't be open in the middle of the night. I like shade so a corner aft was not an option for us.

Is Luminae casual for breakfast and lunch? Hubby pretty much only wears shorts and sneakers for most of a cruise. Dinner I'll be able to talk him into a couple wearing slacks. How dressy is Luminae at night? What about Michael's Club? Dress code?

Thanks,

Barb

Ours has shade due to the overhang, but is below the OVC; however, this is a TA to Europe and they are not known for partying like the Caribbean! You really need to try one...you will not go back to the Caribbean again...but, we most likely are a little older and love those sea days too. Anyway, the most important thing is that you are happy in the end! Have a great time, Barb!!!

Suzy

Yes; Luminae and Michaels are casual! Some may look at you a bit strangely, but just strut your stuff! That's what we do! My DH wore nice jeans to dinner in Luminae and no one looked at him in an unusual way: however, in Blu, one "gentleman" looked and nearly had a heart attack! We just laughed!!!

Edited by Lastdance

this is a TA to Europe and they are not known for partying like the Caribbean! You really need to try one...you will not go back to the Caribbean again!

We love the Med/Europe, but we still go to the Caribbean also. :)

We had a similar opportunity this June on Eclipse. From Aqua to GTY Suite for only $200.00 more. We got an S1 corner aft, and felt like we hit the lottery!! We thought Aqua was lovely...Suite Life is a completely different level of cruising...Michaels club and Luminae are only the beginning...amazing canapés and pastries delivered by your Butler every afternoon. Concerts and other activities in MC most every day. Skipping the long lines in St. Petersburg was so great...the MC concierge walked suite guests to the head of the 40 minute line ...others have noted the special invitations to the bridge and helipad.

I suggest that you jump at this offer.

But please be warned...you may never want to go back to C1. We loved our experience so much, that we've booked 3 cruises through January 2018... All in corner aft suites :)

Hi guys

We are in our second cruise in November on Eclipse. We booked whilst on Reflection last year. My question is who offers you the upgrade. Is it Celebrity or your TA. I read about people getting upgrades all the time, and would love this to happen to us one day.

Thanks Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi guys

We are in our second cruise in November on Eclipse. We booked whilst on Reflection last year. My question is who offers you the upgrade. Is it Celebrity or your TA. I read about people getting upgrades all the time, and would love this to happen to us one day.

Thanks Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My own experience would be that you might see a price reduction on your cruise and choose to pay a bit more for a better accommodation. If such a situation occurs before final payment, you can just get the reduction. If it happens after final payment, there is no refund or reduction, so the only way to take advantage of the "sale" is to pay more, sometimes to a bit better cabin, sometimes to quite a bit better.

If you've booked with a TA, you definitely accomplish this through your TA. They might notice it and offer it to you, or if you notice it, contact them and ask for details.

I hope this helps.

Some cruisers report having success going to the hotel desk upon boarding and asking if there are any categories available above yours, and how could you avail yourselves of those? It never hurts to ask.

For less than $1,000 for the cabin? I would upgrade without even blinking from a CC to a Suite.

Additional perks and definitely a different "experience". Quite often special invitations to Suite guests for Heli-pad sail-aways, bridge tours, special dining invitations, to name but a few.

Heather

Yep. The suite lounge and the suite restaurant, plus all the special tours and invitations make it MORE than worth it.