C'mon Carnival...Make A Decision!

FloridaAdGuy

We got most of our stuff in, but never thought about the solar lights! Thanks! We're finishing the hurricane shutters now. We're in Melbourne....and supposed to be on the Valor Saturday. I'm hoping we are, or at least by Sunday...we would have electricity and hot food!!!:)

Stay safe, Lou!:cool:

Love Melbourne ,use to have our pre cruise party at squid lips.

https://www.squidlipsgrill.com/

Another vote for taking the offer and getting a full refund. Why deal with this if you do not need to?

Me? I still have some deck furniture to move in. 25 solar lights to take out of the garden beds, bring in the garden hose, and finish moving stuff in the garage so I can get the car in!

Sort of puts this in perspective, eh? :cool:

Hey, Lou,

Be safe down there. Battery operated fans--God Send for us in Tally last month, water. Hope if you lose power, you don't lose cell service. Get a portable wifi if you don't have one.

Crew.

For anyone who decides to take the refund and not cruise, come to Nashville and spend your vacation! The weather in Nashville this week is just beautiful with cool nights and warm days with abundant sunshine and low humidity. There are plenty of things to do in Middle Tennessee this time of year! Come and enjoy some southern hospitality and great food.

It beats worrying about a hurricane.

No, they closed down Opry Land :( No more live Crook and Chase shows ;)

Edited by BoDidly

I would say that your options are clear: either cancel and receive a full refund, and you will know EXACTLY what you are doing for the next few days, or roll the dice and take a gamble that you'll cruise somewhere, for some length of time, and maybe get a future offer. The choice is up to you.

Excellent advice. You can't control (or predict) Mother Nature but some think the cruiselines can.

only issue I see is My ship the Valor leaving sat there have been no changes as of yet, Im not really looking forward to a puke fest but I didnt get an option to cancel I bought the vacation protection but I dont think that even gets a full refund, Im just curious how big the seas are after the storm I would imagine well be rocking and people will be barfing all over the place

There's a little bit of noise that it could make a circle and take a second run at Miami. Not to be an alarmist, but just be aware of what's being kicked around in the weather circles.

That's just crazy

Edited by BoDidly

Hey, Lou,

Be safe down there. Battery operated fans--God Send for us in Tally last month, water. Hope if you lose power, you don't lose cell service. Get a portable wifi if you don't have one.

Crew.

Thanks, Crew, much appreciated!:)

Maybe this will help you : Additionally, to stay up to date on any changes that may affect your sailing, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting the codes below to CRUISE (278473).

Carnival Sunshine 10/6 CCL1

Carnival Fantasy 10/7 CCL2

Carnival Magic 10/8 CCL3

Carnival Sensation 10/6 CCL4

Carnival Pride 10/9 CCL5

Carnival Valor 10/8 CCL6

Carnival Victory 10/6 CCL8

Carnival Elation 10/8 CCL9

Carnival Glory 10/8 CCL10

Carnival Splendor 10/8 CCL11

Carnival Conquest 10/9 CCL12

Wow, that sucks...

This is the reason I only cruise during the summer months. Yes, it's more expensive and there are a ton of kids running around, but at least I don't have to worry about monster storms.

Hurricane season runs from around June 15 to Nov 15 so if you are cruising during the summer you are cruising during Hurricane season lol

Wow, that sucks...

This is the reason I only cruise during the summer months. Yes, it's more expensive and there are a ton of kids running around, but at least I don't have to worry about monster storms.

Hurricane season runs June 1st through November 30th. Major storms have hit even in January. Basically if you cruise - on the ocean - there could be monster storms.

Google Hurricane Dennis and Emily 2005. These were Major hurricanes in July of that year.

Hurricane season runs from around June 15 to Nov 15 so if you are cruising during the summer you are cruising during Hurricane season lol

Actually, hurricane season is June 1st through November 30th.

Just saying....;)

Google Hurricane Dennis and Emily 2005. These were Major hurricanes in July of that year.

We were on the July 3, 2005 Conquest cruise out of NOLA. We booked early July specifically because it was early in hurricane season. Hurricane Cindy formed the day after we sailed and made landfall in Louisiana on July 5. That one didn't affect us; however, also on July 5, Hurricane Dennis formed. That one had us in Jamaica just as the island was battening down the hatches, and the next day we had to skip Grand Cayman and sail directly to Cozumel. We were fortunate in that they had a berth for us so we were able to do an overnight. While we were in Cozumuel, the captain advised that the Mississippi was likely to close and that people needing to return to NOLA on time should consider flying home. Sure enough, the port closed and we spent an extra day sailing around the western Gulf of Mexico avoiding the storm. It was rough for part of the day - I've never seen so any "do not disturb" signs on cabin doors. We returned a day late to NOLA.

We actually got to experience Dennis two additional times. As we flew home, we encountered turbulence from Dennis' remnants. And a day after we were home, we had storms - again, the end of Dennis.

We have no option but to sail in hurricane season. We've also had storms on cruises from NYC to Canada. We just roll with it.