Calorie Counter

PrevailingConditions

I lose weight every time I go on vacation, I know i'm lucky. I tend to make better food choices for some reason. Plus there's the additional excercise (above my usual workout) of walking and exploring ports.

Although I can never say no to scones and cream ;)

Cheers,

Deb

I may - MAY - count calories on a cruise but I ain't a gonna do anything about it!

My first cruise I did lose a couple of pounds because we were in the back of the ship and everything we wanted was way at the other end! We did lots of walking.

Congratulations Krozulo on your weight loss. No small feat. An alcoholic can live a long and healthy life without ever taking another drink but skip a meal or two. My wife suggested that we should begin celebrating both the Canadian and American Thanksgiving. Where will you cruising to in April 2018? I will post an update on how I do on our December 2016 Western Caribbean cruise. I understand that Ripley's has a record of a man who actually lost weight while on a cruise but that involved the ship sinking and him living on coconuts and raw fish.

In April 2018 we're going on a 15 day cruise to Hawaii. Maintaining the weight loss would be a lot easier if I only ate when I was hungry. I find it funny when skinny people offer advice like, "Eat when you're hungry. Stop eating when you're not hungry instead of when you're full. Your body knows best." No, my body wants me to be fat again. LOL

I look forward to your Western Caribbean update. Best of luck on your cruise!

• 2 months later...

The calorie counter application, Calorie King, worked well off line. Unfortunately, I was so overwhelmed by the variety of dishes that I failed to maintain my journal. The good news is that over the course of the 6 day cruise I lost 3 pounds. I was very pleasantly surprised and would not have believed that I could loose weight on a cruise but I weighed both before and after on the same scale. Thanks everyone for the helpful advice and for the more amusing observations.:)

The calorie counter application, Calorie King, worked well off line. Unfortunately, I was so overwhelmed by the variety of dishes that I failed to maintain my journal. The good news is that over the course of the 6 day cruise I lost 3 pounds. I was very pleasantly surprised and would not have believed that I could loose weight on a cruise but I weighed both before and after on the same scale. Thanks everyone for the helpful advice and for the more amusing observations.:)

Great news! Thanks for reporting back. were you able to enjoy the food, or were you trying so hard not to gain that you felt you were missing out? Princess offers enough tasty healthy food it is not too hard to eat happily. I think all-you-can drink packages really get people.

Whatever you eat, cut it into little pieces, you'll excercise your arms more , also take a smaller plate at the buffet , that way you can do some of your walking each time you go back to the line to refill the little plate.

Eat normal meals, skip the IC after the evening show, and don't even walk by the midnight buffets !!