Explorer OTS Live review and Q&A

I am currently on the 24 day Transpacific and will be doing a Semi Live review.

I am also happy to answer any questions that you have.

We are currently on Day 3 (2nd Sea Day) and its been a busy first few days.

Embarkment was very easy, lines where long, it was about a 30 minute wait in line to check in but once checked in we could board right away.

All Lines where the same, normal, gold, diamond and suite.

Once on board we went to the windjammer, very busy but was able to find a seat within a few minutes, just after we have finished our meal (about 1pm) our room where ready.

We are a inside room. Our luggage was at our rooms by 5pm. First night dinner was in the main dinning room and then an early night. It had been a big few days in Seattle and we where all very tired.

Edited by Naomigruis

The meet and mingle was the first Sea Day at 10am in the star light lounge

There was well over 200 people that attended this. It was a good chance for everyone to update others on activities that had been organised but not a lot of "Mingling" was done, i think it was due to the large number of people and that they needed us out within the hour for the ships next activity.

RCI did give our some small gifts and a few bottles of wine.

Edited by Naomigruis

Have they told you what the passenger count is? We were on the 23-Sep cruise and were told the TP was significantly less sold.

Not had an official number but i understand we are about

Aussies 1500

American 1000

New Zealander 250

other about 300

not sure how accurate this is though

Not had an official number but i understand we are about

Aussies 1500

American 1000

New Zealander 250

other about 300

not sure how accurate this is though

Thanks for the info.

This is about 1000 more that we were told. Maybe you will get a bridge tour can see the actual number on the white board on the bridge.

We have sailed on her sister ship Voyager twice so far and will be boarding Explorer for our cruise once you guys get off in Sydney, enjoy your cruise we are following your posts with interest [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by David1951

So we decided to have Johnny Rockets today for lunch,

the cost was $20.10 for two of us including 2 for 1 milk shakes for being gold crown and anchorage members

This is two large milk shakes and unlimited food. I had the Smoke House bugger, the cheese and bacon fries and pete had the onion rings. the food was good, burgers tasted great.

The waiters did their dance thing and we enjoyed the experience on the whole

I'm having a issue uploading photos at the moment but will as soon as i can.

The internet is about what i thought it would be.

We have the Surf and Stream package for one device. There are four of us and we just make sure to log off once we are done so someone else can use it.

The speed for general internet surfing is fine, we have been about to work things like Facebook, cruise critic and download the newspaper fine.

yesterday we spoke to our daughter for her birthday and the first 10 minute was fine then dropped out not sure if it as our fault or hers but we didn't try to call back as we had really finished our convo anyway.

Surfing of youtube was possible but at the low quality of 144, still watchable with no buffering.

email has also been fine as has internet banking.

i have not been able yet to upload photos to CC.

I have been able to upload photos and video on Facebook.

I hope this is a good guide for those wanting to know what you can do with the internet speeds without getting all high tech (i never understand that anyway)

We have sailed on her sister ship Voyager twice so far and will be boarding Explorer for our cruise once you guys get off in Sydney, enjoy your cruise we are following your posts with interest [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will try not to break her :D

If i know what cruise i want to do next i alway book on board

We are planning a 13 night NZ cruise from Sydney next on Radiance OTS in jan 18.

If you book on a current cruise it is a reduced deposit (US$150) for the 13 night one and that money can be taken either as on board credit on the cruise your on or the one you are booking for.

we always take it on the current cruise so that if we need to cancel for any reason we haven't really paid anything

Booking desk was easy, Mark the next cruise guy was very helpful and it only took about 15 minutes.

So we decided to have Johnny Rockets today for lunch,

the cost was $20.10 for two of us including 2 for 1 milk shakes for being gold crown and anchorage members

This is two large milk shakes and unlimited food. I had the Smoke House bugger,

Oh my. :eek:

If i know what cruise i want to do next i alway book on board

We are planning a 13 night NZ cruise from Sydney next on Radiance OTS in jan 18.

If you book on a current cruise it is a reduced deposit (US$150) for the 13 night one and that money can be taken either as on board credit on the cruise your on or the one you are booking for.

we always take it on the current cruise so that if we need to cancel for any reason we haven't really paid anything

Booking desk was easy, Mark the next cruise guy was very helpful and it only took about 15 minutes.

Good plan.:D

Hi,

Glad you are having a good time and thank you for doing this Q&A. Do you know if the crew are changing for the Australia season or have they already changed? I am going on the 29th November sailing and counting the days to being onboard

I was glad to hear the crew did the dance in Johnny Rockets, I had heard that they didn't do it anymore.

Gail

[

Thanks for doing this. We are on this same cruise in October of 2017. I am following with great interest. We have an inside cabin as well - first time for an inside cabin but decided to try a virtual balcony.

Happy Sailing

Hi,

Glad you are having a good time and thank you for doing this Q&A. Do you know if the crew are changing for the Australia season or have they already changed? I am going on the 29th November sailing and counting the days to being onboard

I was glad to hear the crew did the dance in Johnny Rockets, I had heard that they didn't do it anymore.

Gail

Its a mix, some are staying, some have extended a few months so that they can visit Australia and some finish up when we get to Sydney.