Any problems boarding a R/C with a Note 4

philsr1939

I know the Note 7 is the problem but the 4 and the 7 kinda look alike.

There is no restriction on the ships for these phones and they would understand that a 4 is not a 7 - regardless of what they look like. Any concerns are specific to the batteries in the 7. You will not have any issues. You also do not need to pack it in your suitcase. If you have any concerns on the plane just turn the phone completely off - packed or with you.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

There is no restriction on the ships for these phones and they would understand that a 4 is not a 7 - regardless of what they look like. Any concerns are specific to the batteries in the 7. You will not have any issues. You also do not need to pack it in your suitcase. If you have any concerns on the plane just turn the phone completely off - packed or with you.

Thanks for the info.I will just turn it off.

Realize that airlines specifically disclaim any liability for electronics in checked baggage. If the bag goes missing, they are completely within the Contract of Carriage that allows them to say "Sorry...that's an item not covered by our baggage policy, so no claim." Same with damaged luggage. Read the specific rules on checked baggage for your airline.

I would just have it either on my person or my carry-on, just like all other valuables. Would you check expensive jewelry into your checked luggage?

Read the fine print - it's available on every airline's website.