Oasis - JS questions

I have been in dress shorts 2 of the past 3 nights. On formal night i used long pants and collared shirt and it was no problem.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Interesting, the Concierge letter specifically says no shorts in SL during happy hour. I would assume the rules would be the same.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Interesting, the Concierge letter specifically says no shorts in SL during happy hour. I would assume the rules would be the same.

Sailed on the Oasis 10-08-16. Letter from Concierge stated that the Suite Lounge had a casual dress code. No swim or pool attire was allowed. Also footwear is required at all times. No mention of shorts.

There was no mention of a dress code for the Coastal Kitchen. We have eaten every evening in the Coastal Kitchen on 6 different sailings this year. Saw some people in shorts, even some on formal nights.

Sailed on the Oasis 10-08-16. Letter from Concierge stated that the Suite Lounge had a casual dress code. No swim or pool attire was allowed. Also footwear is required at all times. No mention of shorts.

There was no mention of a dress code for the Coastal Kitchen. We have eaten every evening in the Coastal Kitchen on 6 different sailings this year. Saw some people in shorts, even some on formal nights.

This is from the Harmony welcome letter. Thanks Jules815

I guess it was just on Formal Nights :o

We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no bathrobes, no swim or pool attire is allowed, and footwear is required at all times). Please be informed that during the cocktail hours on formal nights, shorts, sandals and tank tops are not permitted in the lounge. We encourage all of our Guests to follow the evening dress code reflected on the daily Evening Planner.

The suite letter i have in the binder says the following:

"Please be informed that during the cocktail hours on formal nights, shorts, sandals and tank tops are not permitted in the lounge. We encourage all of our guests to follow the evening dress code reflected in the saily event planner."

Coastal Kitchen is always casual, but shorts are not allowed as far as I know. We did dress to the nines for formal night, but many did not. No big deal.

Khaki's and a polo/golf shirt would be appropriate

Awesome.... thanks... we can handle business casual... for dinner in CK

The suite letter i have in the binder says the following:

"Please be informed that during the cocktail hours on formal nights, shorts, sandals and tank tops are not permitted in the lounge. We encourage all of our guests to follow the evening dress code reflected in the saily event planner."

We must be really bad as we wore shorts every night in CL.....

No, you just chose to ignore things

I went back and looked... we are generally ones who follow the rules... the reason we eat in our Suite on Formal nights...

Here is what we received from the Concierge on EN....

The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests 20 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

Says Smart Casual.... I guess in eye of beholder.... we wear shorts except to MDR.... we wear nice shorts and nice shirts... clean..... when we go to MDR, nice slacks (no jeans) and collared shirt.... we are not loud or imposing and demand little...

I went back and looked... we are generally ones who follow the rules... the reason we eat in our Suite on Formal nights...

Here is what we received from the Concierge on EN....

The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests 20 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

Says Smart Casual.... I guess in eye of beholder.... we wear shorts except to MDR.... we wear nice shorts and nice shirts... clean..... when we go to MDR, nice slacks (no jeans) and collared shirt.... we are not loud or imposing and demand little...

We were discussing Oasis and the SL/CK setup. 😏

We must be really bad as we wore shorts every night in CL.....

Hmmm...i also like to wear nice dress shorts. Maybe next formal night i will wear shorts. If it's in the cards i will eear shorts all of next week in coastal and suite lounge.

Hmmm...i also like to wear nice dress shorts. Maybe next formal night i will wear shorts. If it's in the cards i will eear shorts all of next week in coastal and suite lounge.

So, what exactly constitutes "nice dress shirts" anyway? Is that fancier than smart casual?

Mine shorts are usually dark grey or black. Dont like the lighter colors as the contrast with my skin. [emoji2]

I hope john meant shorts not "nice dress shirts"

Oops, my bad. :o