Oasis - JS questions

We've done our fair share of cruising, but we've never been above a balcony room. Through a unique set of family circumstances, the WOW sale, solid TA perks, and a couple of gift certificates from people who know we love cruising... we have decided to book a JS on Oasis. This cruise will also push us over the Diamond hump.

I know there are strong feelings on whether a JS is worth it or not, but that is not what my question is about. If you think I'm the most amazing thing since sliced bread or the biggest waster of money since the $400 Pentagon hammers... it has been booked.

Specifically, for people who have cruised in a JS on an Oasis-class ship, other than double cruise points, what sort of things might I not know about this trip?

We have previously been on this ship, but the last sailing was in Dec 2014. This was when she was in the middle of being converted to Dynamic Dining. Which I'm pretty sure was never actually implemented on this ship.

Edited by poncho1973

Even though it's not listed as a Sea-Class perk, everyone says you'll receive priority boarding. I can confirm that in 18 days for you.

You may have dinner at Coastal Kitchen (full suites also get access for breakfast & lunch). You must book while on board for Oasis (was able to make reservations on Anthem, though).

How much more is a GS?? You in addition to additional meals @ CK, you also get free Internet and access to the Suite Lounge, which offers complementary select beer & wine from 11a-11p and free cocktails from 5:30-8. You also have access to the concierge, special seating in theaters, no wait for My Time Dining, Suite-only sun deck, and priority disembarkation.

You may make dinner reservations for CK if there is space available. First priority is for suites and Pinnacles. I believe there is also some free internet on Oasis class ships for Sea Class accomodations. Someone will correct me if I am wrong!

Even though it's not listed as a Sea-Class perk, everyone says you'll receive priority boarding. I can confirm that in 18 days for you.

You may have dinner at Coastal Kitchen (full suites also get access for breakfast & lunch). You must book while on board for Oasis (was able to make reservations on Anthem, though).

How much more is a GS?? You in addition to additional meals @ CK, you also get free Internet and access to the Suite Lounge, which offers complementary select beer & wine from 11a-11p and free cocktails from 5:30-8. You also have access to the concierge, special seating in theaters, no wait for My Time Dining, Suite-only sun deck, and priority disembarkation.

The GS is a lot more.

Edited by poncho1973

The GS is a lot more.

Was worth checking - sometimes there isn't a huge difference between the two. The junior suite is a fantastic room with plenty of space and a nice, large balcony. The room alone is worth the $375pp extra.

Edited by MikeBTN

You may make dinner reservations for CK if there is space available. First priority is for suites and Pinnacles. I believe there is also some free internet on Oasis class ships for Sea Class accomodations. Someone will correct me if I am wrong!

Grand suites and above receive free internet. Junior suites do not.

Dinner at CK is a listed benefit of Sea class and should not be dependant on availability.

Dinner at CK is a listed benefit of Sea class and should not be dependant on availability.

Correct, but as I understand it, that's how it goes. Haven't been on since they implemented the new suite classes, but I've heard that junior suites can only make reservations day-of, so if Pinnacle or full-suite members have taken all reservations, JS is SOL. Also adding JS to CK dinner about doubles the amount of passengers that might be dining in CK, so it's very possible seating "sells out" most nights. When it was just full-suite passengers and Pinnacles, there was never an issue getting a reservation, or many times even just walking in.

Was worth checking - sometimes there isn't a huge difference between the two. The junior suite is a fantastic room with plenty of space and a nice, large balcony. The room alone is worth the $375pp extra.

Yeah. We thought so. The double points and bigger room sounds like a nice treat.

Especially, when you justify the extra cost by covering it with gifts and OBC.

Free internet on Oasis class starts at SKY.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Correct, but as I understand it, that's how it goes. Haven't been on since they implemented the new suite classes, but I've heard that junior suites can only make reservations day-of, so if Pinnacle or full-suite members have taken all reservations, JS is SOL. Also adding JS to CK dinner about doubles the amount of passengers that might be dining in CK, so it's very possible seating "sells out" most nights. When it was just full-suite passengers and Pinnacles, there was never an issue getting a reservation, or many times even just walking in.

That sure would not make me happy if it is listed on their site as a perk of a JS and I could not take advantage of it

That sure would not make me happy if it is listed on their site as a perk of a JS and I could not take advantage of it

Tell me about it. The GS and up state 'priority reservations at CK'

When we sailed JS last year, we were able to make reservations in advance, but only once we were on ship.

Hopefully on a typical cruise it won't be a big issue.

Is it the day of or is it once you are on the ship. If it's once on board then I suppose you would have to make reservations for all 7 nights right away and not take a chance on showing up the day of.

Tell me about it. The GS and up state 'priority reservations at CK'

When we sailed JS last year, we were able to make reservations in advance, but only once we were on ship.

Hopefully on a typical cruise it won't be a big issue.

Those poor folks in JS's on the Harmony TA are in big surprise.:eek:

Was in a JS on Allure last week. CK seemed very under utilized with over 6000 pax on board. We stopped in right after boarding the ship and were able to make dinner reservations in the time slots we wanted without issue (we only reserved it for the two formal nights). Also, after asking very nicely, we were permitted to have lunch there on embarkation...surprise and delight!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had a JS on the Allure last year and to me it was worth it. The extra room, the coffee maker, and the bathtub did it for me. I haven't had one since they went to the different classes, but if the price was right I would definitely book one again.

Once we tried a junior suite we were booked. We had a JS on Oasis last time and are going again in about a week in a JS. The room is bigger, the balcony is bigger, the bathroom is actually a bathroom with a bathtub and room to turn around. My wife loved the bathtub for shaving. The closet was a walk in closet, which shocked us.

We did have priority boarding on the Oasis with a JS. Not sure if they always do that or not.

We also had a much bigger desk area and a bigger couch. We had full size lounge chairs on the balcony.

Suite guests also had better selection of dining room location (I thought) and we originally started to change our location until we saw our location. All the people in our area were suite guests.

So, we loved it and will do JS every time we can afford it.