Oasis - JS questions

When we sailed in a JS we loved the heavy curtain between the bed and the sofa area. We pulled it at night (cutting the cabin in half) and we were able to sleep late because the cabin was so dark.

We were just two but had a JS that had a sofa bed and I am sure the curtain was for privacy when traveling with kids etc. but it was great.

Our bed was near the bathroom and the sofa was near the balcony. We have never before had a dark balcony room because light always leaks in around the drapes.

It reminded us of the "old days" when we had inside cabins and slept in every day. We are now addicted to verandas but miss that dark room.

Just wanted to add this as no one else has mentioned it.

HI Cruisers. We had a junior on the Oasis in Jan, Allure in Sept. and are in one on the Oasis on Oct. 29th. The cabin are a bit more pricer on the Oasis class than the Freedom and are about 12 s feet less in area. Have our previous Jr on Freedom in Dec. on back to back so will not have to change rooms. The room is great.

Better bedding and toiletries

large tub and shower combo vs beam me up shower

Walk in closet great

SEA Class

Dinner at coastal

BOARD WITH ALL OTHER SUITES

Coffee pot... never use

Sofa and nice chair.. Foot stool on Freedom classes

large wide balcony . ours always have two chair, table and two lounges

two large air vents in center of ceiling gives plenty of air vs. outlet above closet in d2,d1

Have a nice cruise and enjoy your Jr. Bob

Edited by villager70
forgot that you get double points

We just booked the same JS on the hump that we had on our Allure cruise last year. We'll never book a smaller cabin again. The bathroom and closet are well worth the extra money to us as is the larger balcony with loungers. Op, you will love the room.

We just booked the same JS on the hump that we had on our Allure cruise last year. We'll never book a smaller cabin again. The bathroom and closet are well worth the extra money to us as is the larger balcony with loungers. Op, you will love the room.

Thanks. I'm sure we'll love it.

Is it the day of or is it once you are on the ship. If it's once on board then I suppose you would have to make reservations for all 7 nights right away and not take a chance on showing up the day of.

got there 11amish the first day on my cruise back in august. they only had two nights with times i wanted for the rest of the week. you can try and show up day of (in case someone cancelled) but we tried that on the way to dinner a couple of times. even though the room looked 80% empty they said it was all reserved.

Correct, but as I understand it, that's how it goes. Haven't been on since they implemented the new suite classes, but I've heard that junior suites can only make reservations day-of, so if Pinnacle or full-suite members have taken all reservations, JS is SOL. Also adding JS to CK dinner about doubles the amount of passengers that might be dining in CK, so it's very possible seating "sells out" most nights. When it was just full-suite passengers and Pinnacles, there was never an issue getting a reservation, or many times even just walking in.

yep, this was my experience. you get "access" to CK for dinner. doesn't specifically mention that you get to actually eat dinner in there. i got to go in and be told that no im SOL for dinner (most days), LOL.

got there 11amish the first day on my cruise back in august. they only had two nights with times i wanted for the rest of the week. you can try and show up day of (in case someone cancelled) but we tried that on the way to dinner a couple of times. even though the room looked 80% empty they said it was all reserved.

Maybe you were to picky in your preferred time frame. Just curious do you recall what times you wanted but couldn't get.

We asked for 5:30 and always got it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Maybe you were to picky in your preferred time frame. Just curious do you recall what times you wanted but couldn't get.

We asked for 5:30 and always got it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I have MTD booked every night as a back-up. We eat later, usually after 8. Will share our success (or failure) in a couple of weeks.

The JS's on Oasis are worth the money, IMO. Most, if not all, are located on the hump, which gives you a better view from the balcon (which is larger, due to the hump). The walk-in closet is great, as is the other storage in the cabin. The other perks have already been mentioned, but just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.

In the CK, is the dress attire a little less formal?? Never have worn shorts to MDR but we seldom dress up anymore on cruises to the Caribbean. Formal night we have dinner in our room. I will wear a nice pair of slacks and collared shirt. Interested as we look forward to trying the CK on Allure in Jan.

We found the D cat balcony cabins much smaller on Oasis than on

Freedom, so we booked a JS for our upcoming Oasis cruises.

Will enjoy CK access (if we can indeed get in) and the double

points are always nice too.

Then cross our fingers for a rare appearance of the upgrade

fairy. :rolleyes: :p :p

Edited by island lady

In the CK, is the dress attire a little less formal?? Never have worn shorts to MDR but we seldom dress up anymore on cruises to the Caribbean. Formal night we have dinner in our room. I will wear a nice pair of slacks and collared shirt. Interested as we look forward to trying the CK on Allure in Jan.

Good question... not even a threadjack.

I'd like to know that.

Coastal Kitchen is always casual, but shorts are not allowed as far as I know. We did dress to the nines for formal night, but many did not. No big deal.

Khaki's and a polo/golf shirt would be appropriate