Omigosh! How could I have missed....

AV8rix

.....this one?

https://www.*****.org/12574163-cruise-flight-an-aviation-cruise-adventure-setting-sail-march-26th-from-fort-lauderdale.html

The above link is the ONLY reference I could find for it after seeing a post about it while I was browsing the "Theme Cruises" board on CC. Nothing about it on any other site or on our own charters/groups thread.

I have an 18-day scheduled the following month on Zaandam so can't really justify this one. But if any pilots on this board are going, please post a review for me, OK? If this is going to be a repeat thing I don't want to miss it next year or whenever.

In Jacqui's future cruise listing I can see that there are a couple of folks booked for this one but don't know if they are going for the theme or just booked it as a regular cruise. That's why I was requesting a review from any pilots or other aviation folks sailing. Thanks.

Edited by Av8rix

.....this one?

https://www.*****.org/12574163-cruise-flight-an-aviation-cruise-adventure-setting-sail-march-26th-from-fort-lauderdale.html

The above link is the ONLY reference I could find for it after seeing a post about it while I was browsing the "Theme Cruises" board on CC. Nothing about it on any other site or on our own charters/groups thread.

I have an 18-day scheduled the following month on Zaandam so can't really justify this one. But if any pilots on this board are going, please post a review for me, OK? If this is going to be a repeat thing I don't want to miss it next year or whenever.

In Jacqui's future cruise listing I can see that there are a couple of folks booked for this one but don't know if they are going for the theme or just booked it as a regular cruise. That's why I was requesting a review from any pilots or other aviation folks sailing. Thanks.

Cannot see what you are trying to discuss because the link is apparently being blocked by CC. It shows up as: www.*****.org and when clicked on draws up a Server Not Found error.

EDITED: LOL, We were posting at the same time.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Well this is interesting. We are booked for this cruise and didn't know that this is a themed cruise. They do use the word charter in their advertising, wonder what that means for us? I won't mind sharing the ship with them, my DH is former Air Force so it could be interesting. Just hope that we don't get bumped as hotel and air are booked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well this is interesting. We are booked for this cruise and didn't know that this is a themed cruise. They do use the word charter in their advertising, wonder what that means for us? I won't mind sharing the ship with them, my DH is former Air Force so it could be interesting. Just hope that we don't get bumped as hotel and air are booked.

I honestly can't see you being bumped at this stage of the game. You are nearly 5 months away from sailing (but who's counting ;) since I sail shortly after you ;) ). Charters are normally booked a year out at least so I suspect this is what we on the boards refer to a group booking. (Groups might call it a charter of course - but it doesn't mean they have booked the entire ship ;) ).

I honestly can't see you being bumped at this stage of the game. You are nearly 5 months away from sailing (but who's counting ;) since I sail shortly after you ;) ). Charters are normally booked a year out at least so I suspect this is what we on the boards refer to a group booking. (Groups might call it a charter of course - but it doesn't mean they have booked the entire ship ;) ).

I certainly hope you are correct. They won't have a negative impact on our cruise and may add some interesting people to chat with. If the group would get to be too much we have a corner aft cabin as a retreat. I'm planning on enjoying myself and all the ship has to offer.

I certainly hope you are correct. They won't have a negative impact on our cruise and may add some interesting people to chat with. If the group would get to be too much we have a corner aft cabin as a retreat. I'm planning on enjoying myself and all the ship has to offer.

I LOVE your attitude :)

.....this one?

The above link is the ONLY reference I could find for it after seeing a post about it while I was browsing the "Theme Cruises" board on CC. Nothing about it on any other site or on our own charters/groups thread. ... If any pilots on this board are going, please post a review ... Thanks.

My husband has had a private pilot's license for over 60 years. We no longer own a plane but he has coffee each weekday morning with another private pilot so can hangar talk. Sure wish we could afford this cruise. (See cruisefllight dot com). He'd love it. But alas, after a transatlantic next week, our cruise funds are used up by a kitchen remodeling job. Sure hope someone who takes part in the aviation-themed activities reports back.

Edited by NMLady