Price drop & discounted deposit

CC103

Will a discounted fee deposit be effected if I call about a price drop? I took advantage of a discounted deposit when I made my cruise reservation. Now I see there has been a price drop in the cruise price. If I call for the lower price, will they just adjust the price of the cruise or will they cancel the original deal & make me pay full price for the deposit? Thank you in advance!

I can tell you from doing this many times, I have never had to put down additional deposit.

In addition to this, I have a booking that I was made onboard for a short cruise with a deposit of $50 total for two people during some portion.

I changed it to a seven night cruise a months weeks ago and didn't have to put any additional deposit. So thats $50 deposit (vs regular $500) for 7 nights. Pretty solid.

I originally booked with discount deposit. I ended up changing dates/ships and didn't have to pay more. Then I noticed a price drop and when I called the rep said I had to pay the additional deposit to get the full deposit in order to take advantage of the new price. Not a big deal to me. I just paid it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have also read on here that it varies sometimes they ask for full deposit and sometimes not. It does not surprise me that they do ask for it unless there is a reduced deposit special running when you call them

I wonder if the difference with the deposits is the next cruise deposit versus the reduced deposit that is part of a promo.

I've never had to pay a higher deposit on any of my next cruise bookings whether I was calling to change dates or to get a price drop.

I wonder if the difference with the deposits is the next cruise deposit versus the reduced deposit that is part of a promo.

Yeah, I think we are only talking about a promo based reduced deposit, not the one due to on board booking.

I've never had to pay a higher deposit on any of my next cruise bookings whether I was calling to change dates or to get a price drop.

My reduced deposit was part of a promo, not an onboard booking. When I called for the price drop, they didn't ask me to make the additional deposit that would have been due if I was booking that new promo. But, they could have and I was prepared to pay the difference. When they didn't ask, I didn't mention it and the price adjustment went through the just fine.

Currently, the price of my cruise is $18 less than what I paid. I'm not calling because I don't think it's worth the chance of having to pay the additional deposit. My cruise isn't until June.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...