Guarantee Room assingment

niceguyneastbay

Just wondering about when rooms are assigned for guarantee rooms. I booked a Signature Suite (SZ) room and just got an offer to move up to the Neptune Suite for $399 for a sailing on Nov 12th. If they are offering upgrades, when might they start assigning rooms.

Just being curious.

Also, when did HAL stop allowing customers to book on the HAL website and transfer to their PCC?

Thanks folks for your time.

Tim

When we have booked with the general booking agents, we have never been able to transfer it to a PCC. You can still transfer to a TA if it's before final payment.

Edited by OVgirl

Just wondering about when rooms are assigned for guarantee rooms. I booked a Signature Suite (SZ) room and just got an offer to move up to the Neptune Suite for $399 for a sailing on Nov 12th. If they are offering upgrades, when might they start assigning rooms.

Just being curious.

Also, when did HAL stop allowing customers to book on the HAL website and transfer to their PCC?

Tim

Normally, the Guarantees are not assigned until AFTER the upsell process is complete, so mostly likely in the final week (or 2) before sailing.

On one cruise I booked an SY cabin and a friend did a SC guarantee. I was offered an upsell to an SA in a great location and took it. A week later my friend was assigned an SB in a not so great location. He was not happy when he figured out that my deal was less expensive than his AND I got a better cabin!

While this process is not completely fair (IMO), it is the way it seems to work, so be advised.

It is hard to predict when HAL will assign the guarantee cabins.

Some people here got their assignment 3 weeks in advance. Then others got their assignments 10 days in advance. And some didn't get their assignments until a couple of days before their cruises. There have been a couple of people who got their cabin number when they arrived at the pier.

Just being curious.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I am on your sailing and also booked the SZ promo. Agent said it was a Flash Sale. I will wait and see what they assign us, though I am not going to do a paid upgrade. The signature suite is just right for us!:)

Good luck with your offer, there seems to be a lot of availability on this sailing. There is a modest roll call for this cruise. We have not sailed on the Westerdam, but have been on the Oosterdam and Noordam.

Looking forward to Mexico for the 8th time!

Karen