Adventure of the Seas Drydock - Any updates?

I'm on Adventure now and the flow rider is open. The slides look complete, but they are closed and there is no water on them right now. I also saw Freestyle coke machines! The ship looks great.

Thank you HappyManitee! We appreciate the update. Keep them coming if you're able to. There are several folks on this thread that would like to know if the rooms have been refurbished and the bedding replaced with new bedding.

Any of those type of updates, and any others would certainly be welcome. Have a great cruise!!

Thank you HappyManitee! We appreciate the update. Keep them coming if you're able to. There are several folks on this thread that would like to know if the rooms have been refurbished and the bedding replaced with new bedding.

Any of those type of updates, and any others would certainly be welcome. Have a great cruise!!

On the other thread, someone reported that there is new carpet throughout the public areas and cabins.

Not sure about the bedding.

That is good news, I'm off to buy the package, being a Freedom class ship, I hope there is some in the WJ and promenade.

I know its a Voyager class ship, now to see how many people jumped on that one! I did order the package though, so thanks Bob and OP.

Edited by BillOh

I'm on Adventure now and the flow rider is open. The slides look complete, but they are closed and there is no water on them right now. I also saw Freestyle coke machines! The ship looks great.

Where are the freestyle machines located? Are they in more than one location?

Great to see some photo's coming in, even if they're very small.

It does not look like the cabins have been freshened up as much as I had hoped or expected. Those are definitely the old couches which is disappointing. The old color palette in the cabins was very dated and I was expecting to see a lot of the old salmon and green colored furniture, curtains, bedding and carpeting replaced.

From one or two photos it looks like they replaced some of those items, but not all. I can't image in navy blue, salmon pink and green go well together. Perhaps some additional photos will be posted that show how this mishmash of colors actually works together. I'm holding out hope but am not overly optimistic at first glance. :rolleyes: Perhaps the cabin upgrades remain a work in progress like everything else.

H[ATTACH]398303[/ATTACH]opefully this picture came out better! Looks like an older couch.

Thanks for all the pictures! I would have thought this couch was new because the one in our room last year was blue and full of stains. Oh well.

Is the splashaway bay now blocking the view to the outdoor movie screen, or where is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you take the phone on your phone then post the pictures from the cruise critic app from the phone camera roll it will be a bigger size.

I hope they do something more with the rooms they still look tired especially that couch

We were scheduled into a panoramic ocean view for March. Spoke to my Royal Vacation Planner. They upgraded us to an aft balcony and we got the future cruise credit (25% I think ?) - which we will be applying towards the cost of our already booked Alaska cruise for summer.

So I'm fine now. The credit makes a big difference! And since there were still some very nice balconies left on our sailing, I can compromise.

Even though we were originally sailing on that cruise solely to try out the new rooms!

I didn't enjoy the aft balconies. Had a Jr Suite aft and the structure is kind of a pain, it blocks the view to a degree.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

Thanks for all the pictures! I would have thought this couch was new because the one in our room last year was blue and full of stains. Oh well.

Is the splashaway bay now blocking the view to the outdoor movie screen, or where is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The movie screen is behind splash away bay but high enough that it's not blocked.