Adventure of the Seas Drydock - Any updates?

Thanks for posting dcdiva. At least we know for sure now that there will be no suite lounge on our sailing. Disappointed of course, but would have been even more so if I hadn't found out until we were on the ship. At least we'll get 25% future cruise credit - though I've heard nothing about that myself yet. If we do get that credit, does anyone know how long you've got to use it? We've already booked our cruise for next year and it will probably be our only cruise in 2017.

Thanks so much for the updates!! There is no mention if the existing rooms and suites received new updated bedding etc. I would love to know the answer to that if anyone happens to know. I suppose if not may have to wait till people start boarding to find out.

The email posted earlier said "throughout the ship you will notice updated decor" or something like that. Sounds possibly positive for refreshed rooms.

I'm so disappointed for those booked in pano rooms. :(

We are 12/17 and aren't in a pano room so we likely won't notice much. But I feel bad for those that will notice the differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening everyone.

We were booked in the now not happening Panoramic OV rooms for a B2B in June of next year. RC called me this afternoon to rebook my room. We were able to get a corner aft balcony for both sailings on Deck 8. We are VERY satisfied with the way it has turned out. The $100 OBC for each doesn't hurt either.

The number they had me call is 866-506-7245.

Thanks so much for the updates!! There is no mention if the existing rooms and suites received new updated bedding etc. I would love to know the answer to that if anyone happens to know. I suppose if not may have to wait till people start boarding to find out.

From what people have said on here so far, there were never any plans to update the existing rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From what people have said on here so far, there were never any plans to update the existing rooms.

When I was on board Adventure in August, I was told by the staff that cabin cabinetry, furniture, and carpet were to be replaced in all the cabins.

Evening everyone.

We were booked in the now not happening Panoramic OV rooms for a B2B in June of next year. RC called me this afternoon to rebook my room. We were able to get a corner aft balcony for both sailings on Deck 8. We are VERY satisfied with the way it has turned out. The $100 OBC for each doesn't hurt either.

The number they had me call is 866-506-7245.

Sweet!!! I'm also booked in a corner aft on my upcoming cruise & super excited as it'll be my first aft balcony. I got mine the old fashioned way - price drop after final payment. Sorry about your panoramic!!! I almost booked one of those too they look really nice!

I had posted once or twice but this wasn't an overly active group and I have admittedly been bad in the past about being active the threads.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are correct about this group , but now it seems like a few more are starting to join in, nice to hear from you

They never officially annouced that they would update the cabins on the other Voyager Class ships, yet they did. It consisted of mostly carpet, curtains, bedding.

I would bet that it was in the plans, but after the recent changes, I don't think anyone can know what exactly got done.

We were scheduled into a panoramic ocean view for March. Spoke to my Royal Vacation Planner. They upgraded us to an aft balcony and we got the future cruise credit (25% I think ?) - which we will be applying towards the cost of our already booked Alaska cruise for summer.

So I'm fine now. The credit makes a big difference! And since there were still some very nice balconies left on our sailing, I can compromise.

Even though we were originally sailing on that cruise solely to try out the new rooms!

I'd love to hear from those planning to cruise later this month or next. My wife & I are sailing Jan 28 and would love to hear how the ship looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the sailing on the 19th, I am sure I will remember to post something about ship status ;)

Still not happy with being offered Future Cruise Credit to compensate for a Current Cruise screwup but it is what it is.

On the sailing on the 19th, I am sure I will remember to post something about ship status ;)

Still not happy with being offered Future Cruise Credit to compensate for a Current Cruise screwup but it is what it is.

Hi

I agree. I am concerned about work noise on the ship, especially near the pool area. I am really looking forward to a relaxing enjoyable week (Dec 3rd) but am worried it might be too busy now.

Any comments? Has anyone contacted RCI yet about this?:(

I have gone around on the call center once and by email with customer service twice, all three gave me "I understand your point but it is a corporate decision to offer only Future Credit as compensation".

Going to try an email to Michael Bayley (or more accurately his assistant since I am sure it gets screened before hitting his inbox) this afternoon and then give up to focus on getting my happy frame of mind in place before the cruise.

I agree. I am concerned about work noise on the ship, especially near the pool area. I am really looking forward to a relaxing enjoyable week (Dec 3rd) but am worried it might be too busy now.

Any comments? Has anyone contacted RCI yet about this?:(

Having punch list items after a new build or dry dock is normal. Many times work is happening on the ship and most people don't even know it. Yes, there's likely to be some work on going for at least a month after dry dock - just try to ignore it and relax.

That's really the only thing that worries me.

Me too.

My daughter and I are sailing on the 19th November and I know she has really enjoyed the flow rider on other ships, so a little disappointing but I suppose Mother Nature can't be helped.

I would have preferred a different compensation to a reduction off the next cruise, I may not go on another as I have a busy 2017 planned..

We have a Junior Suite and hope they have been refurbished, being the first to enjoy the new look. After the cruise we are spending a week on St Thomas, then flying home to the chilly UK !

Sailing 11/26 and unfortunately just received this;

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

In the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, a devastating storm that affected the Bahamas, the country continues its recovery efforts. Our thoughts are with those affected by the storm.

Adventure of the Seas, the ship on which you’ve booked your vacation, is scheduled for renovation in Freeport, Bahamas during October and November. Due to extensive damage incurred at the shipyard and the global rerouting of cargo ships carrying equipment and materials, the original renovation plan has been modified.

In an effort to create the least amount of disruption to your vacation plans, Adventure of the Seas will re-enter service on November 14th, 2016 as originally planned. Throughout the ship, you will notice an updated design and décor, as well as newly renovated areas such as Boleros Latin lounge and the two-story mini golf course.

Unfortunately, the following features will not be available for your cruise:

• Dual Racer water slides

• FlowRider surf simulator

• Splashaway Bay kids’ aqua park

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Does this mean the FLOWRIDER and other water features will not be put on the ship even by NEXT YEAR by Thanksgiving week? We are already booked then, with our grandkids because of the potential addition of the flowrider, etc.

Edited by bananawindnj

Sailing 11/26 and unfortunately just received this;

Does this mean the FLOWRIDER and other water features will not be put on the ship even by NEXT YEAR by Thanksgiving week? We are already booked then, with our grandkids because of the potential addition of the flowrider, etc.

Available as of December 10, 2016*

Dual Racer Water Slides

FlowRider

Splashaway Bay Aqua Park

*Supposedly

That's weird that they sent you an email about the dry dock when your sailing is a year away still. I sail in summer and didn't get the email. I liked the ship that way it was before the refurbish so if it doesn't change I won't be sad, the refurb isn't why I booked her, but I understand that for some people the amenities being added was the draw, so it would be disappointing to now find out it won't happen.

Let me say though, that I went on this ship with 3 kids between the ages of 5-13 and all three of them had a blast! Nobody got bored and we were so busy that there was only one day for a brief 20 minutes that one of them ever bothered to even go to the pool. The adventure stops in so many ports that the ship will not be your destination, and for the short time you will be on the ship, there are plenty of fun things to do, so don't worry, your kids/grandkids will still have a lot of fun.

That's weird that they sent you an email about the dry dock when your sailing is a year away still. I sail in summer and didn't get the email. I liked the ship that way it was before the refurbish so if it doesn't change I won't be sad, the refurb isn't why I booked her, but I understand that for some people the amenities being added was the draw, so it would be disappointing to now find out it won't happen.

Let me say though, that I went on this ship with 3 kids between the ages of 5-13 and all three of them had a blast! Nobody got bored and we were so busy that there was only one day for a brief 20 minutes that one of them ever bothered to even go to the pool. The adventure stops in so many ports that the ship will not be your destination, and for the short time you will be on the ship, there are plenty of fun things to do, so don't worry, your kids/grandkids will still have a lot of fun.

I didn't get the email, that was from someone who was going this Nov 26. I quoted him. We are going next year. My post may have been confusing as I quoted him, then deleted some of his comment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by bananawindnj

I'm just happy they didn't cancel our cruise. We are sailing on 11/14, so we are on the first week back. I am still a little worried about it. What if they still decide they need more time?

Carnival Liberty just cancelled their 11/5 sailing and they didn't even let the passengers know until the day before! Surely, Royal Caribbean would never do something like that, right?

I'm sorry. I hope I'm not worrying anyone else. I realize my fears are completely irrational :). Different situation and different company.

On a more positive note- I'm thinking the construction noise won't be too bad- it should be limited to the Chops area and the slide area, right? Also, I'm excited that the golf course will be open. I know it is silly, but I like mini-golf:).

Also, some of the new inside rooms were supposed to go in right across from my cabin. I'm kind of glad they aren't putting them in now.

I feel like this did actually happen sometime this year, on the Majesty maybe? Dry dock kept getting delayed and sailings kept getting cancelled with little notice. I think the backlash they got from that is why they are choosing a different route this time, opting to not complete the dry dock in order to avoid cancelling sailings.