Adventure of the Seas Drydock - Any updates?

I feel like this did actually happen sometime this year, on the Majesty maybe? Dry dock kept getting delayed and sailings kept getting cancelled with little notice. I think the backlash they got from that is why they are choosing a different route this time, opting to not complete the dry dock in order to avoid cancelling sailings.

You're correct, it did happen recently, but it was Empress.

[/i] Will they replace the mattresses? Last time, we had to buy egg crate mattresses in San Juan because the beds were so uncomfortable.

I'm pretty sure that the harder mattresses ARE the new ones. That is what my cabin steward told me in July. I took my own comfort measures as well the last time I cruised Adventure.

I'm pretty sure that the harder mattresses ARE the new ones. That is what my cabin steward told me in July. I took my own comfort measures as well the last time I cruised Adventure.

Note to self: buy mattress topper during your pre-cruise stay in San Juan.

Note to self: buy mattress topper during your pre-cruise stay in San Juan.

I took a Klymit inflatable camping mattress with me. I bought it on Amazon. It is meant for backpacking so it is very lightweight and compact. It is just big enough for one person. They make larger sized ones too. I put it under the mattress pad on my side of the bed. It worked wonders for my comfort level. I will be taking it with me on my January cruise. Below is a photo of it in its packed state next to a soda can for scale.

dd9b919c1730fd741c06022d8b62aa04.jpg

Edited by khm1

I sail Dec 3 and also was disappointed about the news. I didn't receive any emails about the changes but a friend that is cruising for the first time got the email with the changes. I spoke with Royal and they say everything that has been posted is true but as far as working on the ship. This will be done when we are on it but most of the work will be hidden and done while we are dock on islands. I just hope all goes well which I am sure it will since I have never been disappointed with Royal. I also wonder if the 25% off has to be used in a certain time period. Has anyone heard anything about that?

I don't know specifics about the Adventure FCC, but ours have always had a time limit of a year.

That would be bad for us. We sail Nov. 26 and have already booked a big and expensive trip to Germany for Sept.-Oct. 2017 time frame for Oktoberfest. Was hoping I could maybe book something April of 2018 with the 25% discount.:mad:

I will post on the 19th once I get on board and can "see" the offer finally, but based on my research I think it is going to be required to use within a year or so.

My brother just sent me one he received last time we cruised that gave him 13 months to use it so I assume the T&C will be similar.

I will post on the 19th once I get on board and can "see" the offer finally, but based on my research I think it is going to be required to use within a year or so.

My brother just sent me one he received last time we cruised that gave him 13 months to use it so I assume the T&C will be similar.

Any chance you can also give an update of any updating of the rooms/beds etc?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

Maybe you only have to make the booking within the year, but the trip can be later.

According to my TA it is usually book and use within a year, for some reason the one my brother had was about 13 months but still had to be booked and used in that time frame.

Also looks like excludes Holiday sailings is standard language but TA indicated each one can be different so wont know for sure until we board and receive the offer.

Sailing 11/26 and unfortunately just received this;

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

In the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, a devastating storm that affected the Bahamas, the country continues its recovery efforts. Our thoughts are with those affected by the storm.

Adventure of the Seas, the ship on which you’ve booked your vacation, is scheduled for renovation in Freeport, Bahamas during October and November. Due to extensive damage incurred at the shipyard and the global rerouting of cargo ships carrying equipment and materials, the original renovation plan has been modified.

In an effort to create the least amount of disruption to your vacation plans, Adventure of the Seas will re-enter service on November 14th, 2016 as originally planned. Throughout the ship, you will notice an updated design and décor, as well as newly renovated areas such as Boleros Latin lounge and the two-story mini golf course.

Unfortunately, the following features will not be available for your cruise:

• Dual Racer water slides

• FlowRider surf simulator

• Splashaway Bay kids’ aqua park

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Does this mean the FLOWRIDER and other water features will not be put on the ship even by NEXT YEAR by Thanksgiving week? We are already booked then, with our grandkids because of the potential addition of the flowrider, etc.

We meet and spoke to a few contractors here in San Juan that worked on the refurbishment on AOS and they us that Flow rider and the red slide are complete and we're operating for several days . We leave today and hopefully they have them going for passengers. Theye said the ship is gorgeous!

Now that would be a bad thing. My older son has to log on Friday for an internet class and I bought the package. (He's a college student)

I'll check again while out at sea but I'm doubtful of it getting better. It irritates me a little because this is the surf+ stream package and there is NO WAY anyone is streaming any type of video on that speed.

I'm on Adventure now and the flow rider is open. The slides look complete, but they are closed and there is no water on them right now. I also saw Freestyle coke machines! The ship looks great.

Thanks for the news about the Coke machines. It's been a while since a ship got the machines.

Thanks for the news about the Coke machines. It's been a while since a ship got the machines.

That is good news, I'm off to buy the package, being a Freedom class ship, I hope there is some in the WJ and promenade.